It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should protesters be able to block streets?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Bloodworth

They are more upset about groups who want to form and prevent the destruction of their communities then they are those who are destroying it?

And that's because ... if the people take care of it themselves ... EVERYONE will see they don't need Nanny State government officials telling 'em jack squat.

It's taken a while ... but America is about to be great again after all.

Why is there not more talk about the people taken from their cars and beaten by these mobs?

The 2 hospitals by me are full of people who got the crap beaten out of them

Because an automobile (in the hands of a person ready to shoot) is more dangerous than a machine gun? I keep an AR under the backseat of my truck at all times. If I run into a mob, I'm going to engage the 4WD long before I reach for the rifle.

I'll just leave this here...

The problem with this is liberal judges will throw every charge at you while they go soft on rioters who were arrested

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

They are more upset about groups who want to form and prevent the destruction of their communities then they are those who are destroying it?

And that's because ... if the people take care of it themselves ... EVERYONE will see they don't need Nanny State government officials telling 'em jack squat.

Why is there not more talk about the people taken from their cars and beaten by these mobs?

Because an automobile (in the hands of a person ready to shoot) is more dangerous than a machine gun? I keep an AR under the backseat of my truck at all times. If I run into a mob, I'm going to engage the 4WD long before I reach for the rifle.

The problem with this is liberal judges will throw every charge at you while they go soft on rioters who were arrested

Choose where you live wisely.

I'm a small woman with a big truck.

If that happened where I live and I had to run over a few people I'd be given free meals at the local diner for a month.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Choose where you live wisely.

I'm a small woman with a big truck.

If that happened where I live and I had to run over a few people I'd be given free meals at the local diner for a month.

Nice. And your personally safety is important.

I'm thinking a snow plow would be effective

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Bloodworth

It all depends' upon the law's pertaining to the state in question but generally.

If it is private land then yes (BUT only so long as they have the land owners permission and the police do not have a search warrant or other permission to enter that land - and then it become a bit of a grey area).

If it is public land then NO! not under any circumstance as while they have the right to be there so do the police and any other member of the public (The police are also members of the public though while in uniform representatives of the local government or national government) and blocking that land would then be an act of criminal obstruction.

But generally NO!.

Obstructing public property, roads and bridges can lead to tragedy and is also a severe inconvenience for other's that just want to go about there lives in peace.

All protests should be peaceful and all protests should be orderly as there main purpose is to show public support.

When they are looting, fighting and vandalizing it is no longer a protest but fall's into the category of Riot.

However no matter how biased the press has been the act of some of these police officers has been every bit as bad as the worst of the Rioters, assaulting peaceful protester's is easy but why don't they get off there arses and arrest the looters as they should be doing, why because they want it to get out of hand as it will then cover there own actions and give them job security from a public that feel threatened by the tiny minority that is subverting the greater majority's peaceful protests and turning them violent.

OR as the old saying goes it takes two to tango.

Peaceful protests work, violent protests only work some of the time and only then ONLY if they are absolutely huge and make up a large enough number of the public to actually be a genuine multiple number percentage of the population, on the whole peaceful protests work best and can work with far fewer people than a violent protest ever could, all that violent protests lead to in the end is more police, more police powers, more public crowd control and more money for the police.

So the peaceful protesters protesting correctly and not harassing, harming or inconveniencing the rest of the public
(generally they do not block access but on occasion do and if and when they do it is peaceful, handcuffing themselves to railing's or lying down on the road etc but they never use force and are often doing it because they can see no other way to be heard)

But the violent protesters whom are actually RIOTERS

Also think on these the street's they are blocking are then the seat of looting so is it really the protesters that are orchestrating these communist uprising style street blockades OR is it the criminal element's whom see it as the perfect opportunity to loot, burn, rape and worse.

And would they be blocking there own street or is it always someone else's.

But one other fact, remember the US was founded by Rioters.

Very informative. Why is there such a gray area between protesters and rioters and how to deal with them?

It's just getting more mad by the day. It was I think 13 days ago a lady was put in jail for opening a salon.
Today they can't jail people for attacking officers stealing and burning.

It got real stupid in NYC with the Democrat no bail reform. The rioters were arrested in about 6 hours or so and then released.

Now Cuomo is saying atleast 24 hours i think detainment.

Who the f allows this garbage

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I know an argument is lost on so many these days but I will spit in the wind here.

We have a lot of things which a publicly funded and heavily used by that same public everyday in their normal routines.
Water and trash pick up (for those living in the city), snow plowing (for those in the north), fire departments, police departments, etc. etc.

What if protesters decided to cut off the water to demonstrate their cause du jour? Maybe block fire trucks from getting out of the station? They could claim they are trying to show you what it feels like to be helpless or at the mercy of so-and-so.

Are there other ways, perhaps more poignant, to express that concern? If so, do a handful of people have a right to deny the use of something to those who paid for it and require it? What else can be describe similarly? Theft. Theft can be described the same way.

So, is theft justified when those committing the theft consider it a matter of the 1st Amendment? I am not a law expert but is there any jurisprudence to justify theft in the name of freedom of speech?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   

If they want to try to block my way it’s going to be a bad day for them.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Im like 5'4" and a petite female.. Im flooring it like Spongebob at Miss Puffs driving school if they block me and get rowdy. If Im in my truck I will go through them and run over them.. if in my charger Ill be flinging rioters all over in the air due to my low front bumper. Their choice. I have good insurance and I have bail money....and a GREAT attorney. Screw em.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Should police be able to act as judge and executioner?

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss

If they want to try to block my way it’s going to be a bad day for them.

So, you're going to blow your horn
that'll show em.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

MLK blocked roads for civil rights. Blocking roads is 100x better than rioting.

www.theroot.com...

first let me make this clear...
you have ZERO RIGHT to block anyone from going about their business.
it DOES NOT MATTER what the "cause" is.

I have A RIGHT to go about my business (be it to work, getting groceries, taking my family to the doctor or hell even going to a restaurant) without ANYONE STOPPING ME to "protest" whatever.
it isnt up to YOU, BLM or joe the plumber to tell ANYONE where they can LEGALLY GO..

second... it isnt "better" than rioting... BOTH ARE ILLEGAL (try reading the law of each state sometime) .
if I follow your logic its better that i forcefully/ intimidate to demand money from you (pan handling) than strong arm robbery.. but both would be ILLEGAL and wrong .
yes I could use other example but this is as blunt as you can get.

third... MLK didnt block roads ILLEGALLY , riot, or stop people from going about their business.
hell in your own source the bus boycott they just REFUSED to ride the public buses. nowhere in the article or any research did they STOP ANYONE FROM USING THEM if they so chooses. the boycott was ECONOMIC...
the bus company lost a ton of money since a good majority of their riders were blacks.

lastly... I cannot find any evidence that MLK in washington march did it illegally... I cant find proof they got a permit.
but I did find they had adequate police presence and since even then you dont on short notice just a bunch of police there and organized its safe to presume they got permission.

In conclusion the law and common decency says you CANNOT BLOCK TRAFFIC WITHOUT A PERMIT and be legal
also some areas you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROTEST IN and that is legal even under the first amendment.
because I AND OTHERS HAVE A RIGHT to go about our day unmolested and that THERE IS NO CONSTITUTIONAL LAW/RIGHT THAT ANYONE HAS TO LISTEN TO YOUR PROTEST.

scrounger

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Im like 5'4" and a petite female.. Im flooring it like Spongebob at Miss Puffs driving school if they block me and get rowdy. If Im in my truck I will go through them and run over them.. if in my charger Ill be flinging rioters all over in the air due to my low front bumper. Their choice. I have good insurance and I have bail money....and a GREAT attorney. Screw em.

Lol , many are right there with you and God speed. But im.telling you it isn't worth it.

Not as easy as it sounds. You will need a 4 wheel drive vehicle.. if not ,body's will get stuck in tires and axles bringing the car to a stop. And then you will be beaten close to death.

Like I said the hospitals by me are filled with beating victims pulled from.cars.

Snow plow would be the most effective

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

Sometimes you have to upset other people's day (by blocking traffic) to get them to listen. You think the civil rights protests were all done according to the law?? Lol

Is that why they unleashed dogs on protesters?

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Good. I hope anyone who purposely runs over protesters gets locked up.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You seem very eager to run over protesters...

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 05:54 AM
link   

a reply to: scrounger

Sometimes you have to upset other people's day (by blocking traffic) to get them to listen.

where EXACTLY in the first amendment does it say ANYONE has the right to "get them to listen".

You think the civil rights protests were all done according to the law?? Lol

Do you have any PROOF that MLK broke the law in the respect of riots, looting or not permitting people to go about their business if they choose to? because even your own source didnt provide any PROOF of this. Along with MLK CHANGED THE WORLD and not one store looted, not one riot and no violence.. even when REAL POLICE VIOLENCE was done to them

Is that why they unleashed dogs on protesters?

are you talking on MLK or today.. you really need to be specific or you just ranting

Again I will ask WERE EXACTLY does it say in the first amendment ANYONE HAS TO LISTEN TO YOU?

you DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT to impose YOUR VIEWS/CAUSE on anyone else by stopping them going about their business.

but what is totally ironic is the SAME PEOPLE (maybe you too?) said anti abortion protesters dont have the right to block people from going to clinics , doing it on their property and won court cases to that effect (to which I do agree even though dont believe in abortion on demand).

but this is ok?

sorry but RIGHTS are for those who agree and disagree with you

scrounger

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   

but its ok to intimidate drivers and block their cars?

you be ok with this on say anti abortionists ?

hmmm

scrounger

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

why dont you ask regional denny during the rodney king protest how that worked out for him not running them over?

or the current video of cars being kicked, windows smashed and the people in them OVERTLY THREATENED WITH VIOLENCE

btw then if i protest I can block your car with your family in it and threaten you?

because you wont listen to the protest?

hmmmmm
scrounger

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   

All these people didn't have parents to teach them you dont stand in the road. It's a sad group.

And people will do anything to get a loved one to a hospital.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

You seem very eager to lump violent criminals in with peaceful protesters....

It's almost like you've been programmed to not understand the difference...

edit on 6-6-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

You seem very eager to lump violent criminals in with peaceful protesters....

It's almost like you've been programmed to not understand the difference...

I believe he knows the difference.

but his belief in "the end justify the means" overrides all

be the law, civility, rights, and common sense

scrounger

top topics

<< 1   >>

join