It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should protesters be able to block streets?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I don't recall in the past police allowing protesters to take over roads and bridges?

When guiliani was mayor of nyc a group of 700 people wanted to walk over a bridge.

The. Mayor said absolutely not, it's a public bridge and road that many others besides the protesters pay taxes for and need to use.

The 700 gathered and the 1st step they made toward the bridge , all 700 were arrested.

If the police cannot prevent churches from being burned, cop cars being attacked, businesses being looted and steerts being taken over.

Should local communities start their own force to protect their community?

Its seems there is a lot of pandering and looking the other way when it comes to these rioters.

And it also seems any talk about preventing the rioting gets some local official upset

They are more upset about groups who want to form and prevent the destruction of their communities then they are those who are destroying it?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

No..
They should not be able to block streets.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
They are more upset about groups who want to form and prevent the destruction of their communities then they are those who are destroying it?

And that's because ... if the people take care of it themselves ... EVERYONE will see they don't need Nanny State government officials telling 'em jack squat.

It's taken a while ... but America is about to be great again after all.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   

No. This could cost lives in an emergency, like driving one of us or our pets for emergency care. Not sure how ambulances would get past either.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Should protesters be able to block streets?

No.
In Georgia , at least , it is against the law.
And , not safe for the protestors as folks here (in Atlanta) will just run em over cause they don't want to be late.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

No, they should not be allowed to block streets. What I want to know is who is going to be held responsible if someone dies or a home or business burns down because these rioters are blocking the road.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

MLK blocked roads for civil rights. Blocking roads is 100x better than rioting.

www.theroot.com...
edit on 5-6-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

And that's because ... if the people take care of it themselves ... EVERYONE will see they don't need Nanny State government officials telling 'em jack squat.

Why is there not more talk about the people taken from their cars and beaten by these mobs?

The 2 hospitals by me are full of people who got the crap beaten out of them

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Why is there not more talk about the people taken from their cars and beaten by these mobs?

Because an automobile (in the hands of a person ready to shoot) is more dangerous than a machine gun? I keep an AR under the backseat of my truck at all times. If I run into a mob, I'm going to engage the 4WD long before I reach for the rifle.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
blocking access is an act of aggression and should be treated as such.

Mayor Giuliani had the right idea.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chance321

No, they should not be allowed to block streets. What I want to know is who is going to be held responsible if someone dies or a home or business burns down because these rioters are blocking the road.

No one, but if a car drives close to them there is a chance you will be beat to death and the liberal judges will add every charge available.

These rioters are being arrested and judges are being extra soft on them.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Because an automobile (in the hands of a person ready to shoot) is more dangerous than a machine gun? I keep an AR under the backseat of my truck at all times. If I run into a mob, I'm going to engage the 4WD long before I reach for the rifle.

If someone is going to try and rip my wife or I out of a vehicle, you can be damn well sure that I am using that vehicle as a weapon to protect us. I'd then drive to the nearest police station and deal with the aftermath.

I see these assholes on the news all the time blocking interstate highways....should be charged federally for that.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It all depends' upon the law's pertaining to the state in question but generally.

If it is private land then yes (BUT only so long as they have the land owners permission and the police do not have a search warrant or other permission to enter that land - and then it become a bit of a grey area).

If it is public land then NO! not under any circumstance as while they have the right to be there so do the police and any other member of the public (The police are also members of the public though while in uniform representatives of the local government or national government) and blocking that land would then be an act of criminal obstruction.

But generally NO!.

Obstructing public property, roads and bridges can lead to tragedy and is also a severe inconvenience for other's that just want to go about there lives in peace.

All protests should be peaceful and all protests should be orderly as there main purpose is to show public support.

When they are looting, fighting and vandalizing it is no longer a protest but fall's into the category of Riot.

However no matter how biased the press has been the act of some of these police officers has been every bit as bad as the worst of the Rioters, assaulting peaceful protester's is easy but why don't they get off there arses and arrest the looters as they should be doing, why because they want it to get out of hand as it will then cover there own actions and give them job security from a public that feel threatened by the tiny minority that is subverting the greater majority's peaceful protests and turning them violent.

OR as the old saying goes it takes two to tango.

Peaceful protests work, violent protests only work some of the time and only then ONLY if they are absolutely huge and make up a large enough number of the public to actually be a genuine multiple number percentage of the population, on the whole peaceful protests work best and can work with far fewer people than a violent protest ever could, all that violent protests lead to in the end is more police, more police powers, more public crowd control and more money for the police.

So the peaceful protesters protesting correctly and not harassing, harming or inconveniencing the rest of the public
(generally they do not block access but on occasion do and if and when they do it is peaceful, handcuffing themselves to railing's or lying down on the road etc but they never use force and are often doing it because they can see no other way to be heard)

But the violent protesters whom are actually RIOTERS

Also think on these the street's they are blocking are then the seat of looting so is it really the protesters that are orchestrating these communist uprising style street blockades OR is it the criminal element's whom see it as the perfect opportunity to loot, burn, rape and worse.

And would they be blocking there own street or is it always someone else's.

But one other fact, remember the US was founded by Rioters.

edit on 5-6-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

If one of the protesters gets hit on the head with a flying brick and concussed, EMTs/Ambulances will probably not be able to access the road he is on.

If someone is in an ambulance, in critical condition, and that road is blocked, they could die as a result.

So I would say No to your question.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Here in the mid west they better watch who they try to pull from vehicles since this started I began carrying my 20 ga short barrel rifle which I hope I don't ever need but just in case.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I'll just leave this here...

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You're outrage doesn't give you permission to cut people off from there means of travel. Especially unsuspecting commuters going to work...

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightVision

If one of the protesters gets hit on the head with a flying brick and concussed, EMTs/Ambulances will probably not be able to access the road he is on.

If someone is in an ambulance, in critical condition, and that road is blocked, they could die as a result.

So I would say No to your question.

[/quot

And my next question is why is it being allowed to occur?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join