It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lancet retracts major Covid-19 paper that raised safety concerns about malaria drugs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The disinformation propagated by the main stream media corporations is hitting an all time high.

So we have the anti-hydroxychloroquine study proven to be a fraud...the shame all those doctors must feel, calling Trump an idiot and telling America, the world, how dangerous it was to take hydroxychloroquine....a drug safely prescribed by doctors for decades.
Should we expect a Breaking News banner from Neil Cavuto at Fox News? How about an expose from CNN's Chris Cuomo? Will Joe and Mika from MSNBC address the Lancet study retraction? Maybe Don Lemon from CNN or Chris Wallace from Fox News.....don't count on it.

Our MSM and those working with them have become the enemy of civilization, and that is not an overstatement. Today you may like what their lying about but tomorrow they will be telling lies that you don't like. We need a variety of honest news, not the same propaganda on every channel.
We need to hold the media accountable, they are controlling our lives and they do not have our well being in mind.

www.cnbc.com...

The Lancet, one of the world’s top medical journals, on Thursday retracted an influential study that raised alarms about the safety of the experimental Covid-19 treatments chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine amid scrutiny of the data underlying the paper.

The retraction came at the request of the authors of the study, published last month, who were not directly involved with the data collection and sources, the journal said.

“We can no longer vouch for the veracity of the primary data sources,” Mandeep Mehra of Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Frank Ruschitzka of University Hospital Zurich, and Amit Patel of University of Utah said in a statement. “Due to this unfortunate development, the authors request that the paper be retracted.”

edit on 4-6-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Do remember reading a report from Doctors in France, then when Trump picked it up the Lamestream media went full retard on it....like they wanted more dead people!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Anybody with half a brain knew the story was crap.
The drug has been used for years.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yes, and this one too, they never addressed just how wrong they were and their viewers likely still believe the garbage they reported.
thehill.com...

VA secretary defends use of hydroxychloroquine for veterans, claims analysis led to 'misinformation'

originally posted by: manuelram16

Do remember reading a report from Doctors in France, then when Trump picked it up the Lamestream media went full retard on it....like they wanted more dead people!!!

edit on 4-6-2020 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Yep, not too long ago I had a dispute with a poster over the POTUS doc giving him placebos because everyone knows that its bad for your heart!

I hope we hear something from them in this tread

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The MSM is a puppet for the wealthy and powerful and provide a 24/7 free voice to the biggest scumbags in the world. Turn off the television...the talking heads are liars.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Since leftist engage autopilot in their consumption of fake news, they won't have an answer and will side step the issue.

This has not been a good week for Leftist, Progressives and Democrats.

All the initial rushed papers, studies and news were proclaimed as fact and now several of those reports are now at odds with new information.

We are literally seeing the collapse of liberal media narrative.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

The retraction came at the request of the authors of the study, published last month, who were not directly involved with the data collection and sources, the journal said. 

How do you author a paper on such an important issue with out knowing where the data comes from or how credible it is?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

How do you author a paper on such an important issue with out knowing where the data comes from or how credible it is?

How?

By being politically motivated.

Happens with so called peer reviewer science all the time.

Gatekeepers and all that.

😉

S and F

edit on 6/5/2020 by MykeNukem because: sf

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Ah crap, there goes a nice looking study. Okay, my fault for having trust in Lancet and renowned scientists.

But its not the end of the story. As my rheumatologist told me: "of course it kills COVID-19! No virus can survive the destruction of the cells it depends on while on this dosis!"

Anyway, I just go promoted to high-level priority treatment meaning that there will always be another pack of HCQ for me at the pharmacy.
Go ahead and take that stuff... Don't forget your ophtometricians test every 8 weeks and the usual EKG/supersonic tests, oh and do put on sunblocker with SPF 50 or higher, you will be much more prone to sunburn.

But besides that, we heard from Trump that this might help you against COVID-19.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   
This is a very important NYU Grossman School of Medicine study, already pre-published on May 8, 2020, by Philip M. Carlucci et al.

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin plus ZINC SULFATE -- versus -- hydroxychloroquine and
azithromycin alone: outcomes in hospitalized COVID-19 patients
:

medRxiv preprint doi: doi.org...
This version posted May 8, 2020. The copyright holder for this preprint
(which was not certified by peer review) is the author/funder, who has
granted medRxiv a license to display the preprint in perpetuity.
It is made available under a CC-BY-NC 4.0 International license.
( creativecommons.org... ) :

Working Link : www.medrxiv.org...

ABSTRACT
Background: COVID-19 has rapidly emerged as a pandemic infection that has caused
significant mortality and economic losses. Potential therapies and means of prophylaxis
against COVID-19 are urgently needed to combat this novel infection. As a result of in
vitro evidence suggesting zinc sulfate may be efficacious against COVID-19, our
hospitals began using zinc sulfate as add-on therapy to hydroxychloroquine and
azithromycin. We performed a retrospective observational study to compare hospital
outcomes among patients who received hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin plus zinc
versus hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin alone.

Methods: Data was collected from electronic medical records for all patients being
treated with admission dates ranging from March 2, 2020 through April 5, 2020. Initial
clinical characteristics on presentation, medications given during the hospitalization, and
hospital outcomes were recorded. Patients in the study were excluded if they were
treated with other investigational medications.

Results: The addition of zinc sulfate did not impact the length of hospitalization,
duration of ventilation, or ICU duration. In univariate analyses, zinc sulfate
increased the frequency of patients being discharged home, and decreased the need
for ventilation, admission to the ICU, and mortality or transfer to hospice for patients
who were never admitted to the ICU. After adjusting for the time at which zinc sulfate
was added to our protocol, an increased frequency of being discharged home (OR 1.53,
95% CI 1.12-2.09) reduction in mortality or transfer to hospice remained significant (OR
0.449, 95% CI 0.271-0.744).

Conclusion: This study provides the first in vivo evidence that zinc sulfate in
combination with hydroxychloroquine may play a role in therapeutic management for
COVID-19.

Key words: COVID-19, Hydroxychloroquine, Azithromycin, Zinc, Mortality
Running head: Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin plus Zinc
40-word summary: Zinc sulfate added to hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin may
improve outcomes among hospitalized patients.

References:

1. docs.google.com...
Correspondence from Dr Vladimir Zelenko on Treatment of COVID-19 in New York, also to President Donald J. Trump; Mr. Mark Meadows, Chief of Staff.
2. www.youtube.com...
Coronavirus Pandemic Update 71: New Data on Adding Zinc to Hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin
by MedCram - Medical Lectures Explained CLEARLY.
COVID-19 Update 71 with Roger Seheult, MD of www.medcram.com...
A new pre-print study from NYU Grossman School of Medicine shows that the addition of zinc to a hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin COVID-19 treatment regimen may result in a statistically significant reduction in mortality. Dr. Seheult discusses the interesting results and possible confounders of this retrospective observational study. (This video was recorded May 15th, 2020)
3. Coronavirus Pandemic Update 60: Hydroxychloroquine Update; NYC Data; How Widespread is COVID-19? :
www.youtube.com...
4. Coronavirus Epidemic Update 34: US Cases Surge, Chloroquine & Zinc Treatment Combo, Italy Lockdown :
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
originally posted by: DanDanDat
"How do you author a paper on such an important issue with out knowing where the data comes from or how credible it is?"

How?

By being politically motivated.

Happens with so called peer reviewer science all the time.

Exactly. anyone who believes that peer-review is the end-all/be-all of science is more than just a little bit naive.

Peer reviewed studies can be done very well, and show truthful results. But they can just as easily be manipulated to show whatever the pones doing the study want. The devil is in the details.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: LaBTop
This is a very important NYU Grossman School of Medicine study, already pre-published on May 8, 2020, by Philip M. Carlucci et al.

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin plus ZINC SULFATE -- versus -- hydroxychloroquine and
azithromycin alone: outcomes in hospitalized COVID-19 patients
:

You're wasting your time. I've linked to this study multiple times, it doesn't matter. Orange man bad and all.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The problem I have with this research, is that it is done inside a hospital setting (which is far too late), while it was already quite well known during decennia, that the antiviral workings of this triple combo of : HCQ pills,ZnSO4 pills and Azithromycine (as an added antibacterial aid pill) must be administered as early as possible in a patients viral infection history, preferably by his/her general practitioner, at the first signs of infection, like coughing, fever, loss of taste and especially smell, etcetera.

Look up the YouTube videos about the work of Prof. Didier Raoult with the HCQ or CQ combo with Zinc 2+, in the form of f.ex. Zinc sulfate :

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin for the treatment of COVID-19 – Review of study by Didier Raoult
www.youtube.com...
Which video neglects the central role the Zinc 2+ ions play in disturbing the Corona virus its RNA cycle, inside the human cells.
Which it only can enter through the assistance of the Hydroxychloroquine, which facilitates the Zn-2+ to pass through the patients its cell walls, and starts stopping the Sars COVID-19, Corona virus, its RNA reproducing capabilities.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Hence 'QUICK! CUT TO RIOTS!'

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I've sat here behind my box for 4 weeks in March, with the whole family in self containment, with borderline-heavy Corona virus infection, and just evading hospitalization at last luckily, still not pleasant at all however, and no smell at all for 1.5 week; 10% ammonia smell was like fresh air....
And slowly my mouth fell open from pure bewildering, when reading one after another researcher's intention to start up huge new HCQ or CQ test cases, but without any form of Zinc as co-inhibitor....
And then that piece of crap based on a few former military men and woman, which was also a pure HCQ or CQ pill gift, without any co-inhibitor, such as Zinc sulfate or Azithromycine pills together. Then came, at last, this :

www.statnews.com...

Interesting comments on this article. Do read them all, click at each page bottom, the older / newer comments :

Robert Federhofet
JUNE 4, 2020 AT 8:35 AM
In 2003 Lancet, Infectious Disease, vol 3, pp 722 to 728, published a glowing report on Hydroxychloroquine.
Successfully used with didanosine and hydoxyurea in 3rd world to treat HIV, in place of expensive Proteases.

Samuel Orr
JUNE 4, 2020 AT 3:02 AM
I am a retired Physician and I have listened to the cardiologists on CNN and MSNBC, especially scaring the public about Hydroxychloroquin.
If I were to test positive I would want HCQ, Azithromycin, and Zinc started at once.
If I am sick enough to be hospitalized, the drugs might all do harm or show no benefit.
But the postulated mechanisms of the drugs suggests why they should be used early if they are to work.
HCQ is used in auto-immune diseases to tamp down the immune system.
Zinc is known to have activity against the “cold viruses” and is used in coldeze.
HCQ may well facilitate the entry of Zinc into the cells.
Azithromycin I believe has shown some activity against some viruses in vitro as has Hydroxychloroquin.
The HCQ and Azithromycin are both generic.
Testing the above drugs on hospitalized patients are trials, that are purposely designed to fail.

Big Pharma can make no money off the generic drugs above listed.

Every Physician I know wants the 3 drug combination for themselves if they can get it administered early.
And the media is oblivious to everything I have just said.

My general understanding is that in at least some patients more damage is caused by the immune system response (especially the cytokine storm) and in addition to possible direct anti-viral activity the 3 drug combination listed above might well blunt the cytokine storm.

Were I Sherlock Holmes addressing Dr. Watson to explain my “conclusions” (hypotheses) stated above I would say It’s elementary my dear Watson!

James M
JUNE 4, 2020 AT 9:21 AM
Sir, I think you have struck to the pith of the matter.
Add the odd coincidence that Zn and D3 deficiency prevalence is highest in the elderly, African Americans, and Hispanics; and the picture is almost complete.
Finally, we might want to look at the effect of low melatonine levels (also prevalent in the elderly) on cytokine storms.

Delia
JUNE 4, 2020 AT 1:41 AM
Hydroxychloroquine has been in constant use for over 90 years. Various ailments are being treated with HCQ, and it is considered a very safe medicine.
There are two objections to its use – it is cheap and has no patent.
Big Pharma, Gates want a mandatory vaccine and Gates wants to inject a chip with the medicine. Those who refuse will not be able to travel or work. Megalomaniacs can never have enough money, power or control. Gates is also the WHO largest donor.

Jeff Teller
JUNE 4, 2020 AT 7:29 AM
Is this a Bernie Madoff situation? If so, is this a one off situation? It seems that the Lancet articles prestigious authors including a top cardiologist from Geneva bear a significant amount of responsibility here, not just Dr. Desai, as does the Lancet. It will be very important to thoroughly and fairly assess the concerns raised by Dr. Watson and the cosignatories. The phony elevation of “big data” as the superior way to gain medical knowledge is part of the dumbing down and dis-empowerment of the medical profession. Given the challenges and complexity inherent in medical research, translation and practice the substitution of “big data” entrepreneurs supported by so called highly credentialed and highly paid experts is very troubling. My view is that when it comes to what passes the grade at the Lancet, this is the tip of the iceberg of a huge problem such as the Long-standing misuse of experts by Pharma ignored by the Lancet and now possibly by big data bunksters.

There's much more to react on, especially when you know that a treat prescribed by your doctor costs you about 20 dollars or euros, and consists of a 5 days intake period of 3 pills a day. No hospitalization needed at all in that case, when you consult your doctor as early as can be. At the first signs of infection.
DO NOT HESITATE, when you feel the first signs, have them 5 x 3 pills ready, MORE you don't need.

And those criminal medical experts that try to scare you away from this far too cheap triple combo medicines packet, with their fairy tales about heart risks with this combo, IGNORE them.
Or, implement a tad bit more radical changes in their up till now, far too wealthy lifestyles....they beg for it.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
www.statnews.com...

----Dr. No
JUNE 3, 2020 AT 5:03 PM
Dear Sir, There seems to be a misunderstanding of the systemic effects of Covid-19. The reported side effects of HCQ and Remdesivir on heart, liver, kidneys and other organs are mostly likely due to the over expression cytokine and chemokines by the immune system in response to the infection all these ineffective treatments will likely show this.

The most advanced research is being done in the clinical trials of Leronlimab by Dr. Bruce C. Patterson of IncellDX. I suggest you google that information, he has a very good interview explanation on YouTube. The bottom line is there may be no worries for cardio toxicities of HCQ for malaria it just does nothing for the heart liver and kidney damage caused by the second stage of the Covid19 disease. Those questioned drugs are not working but it is the disease causing the other organ damage. Good news is that Leronlimab does seem to address all of those issues as well as tackling the virus. The Phase 2 Leronlimab studies will be unblinded and data locked on June 15th. That was just announced yesterday by the the drug sponsor company CytoDyn. So by July the world may know that there is finally a solution. Samsung Biologics is ramping up production of the drug Leronlinab. So the HCQ can be used for it’s intended purposes of Malaria and Lupus.
Shalom, Dr. No.

Dr. Ellis
JUNE 3, 2020 AT 1:02 PM
Dear Sirs,
My understanding that the study used to invalidate the use of Hydroxychloroquine was from a VA study using high doses of the drug and in patients that might have had significant co-morbidities. Is this correct ? (LT : yes, they used only HCQ)
Thank you,
Dr. Ellis

Sonya Bowles
JUNE 3, 2020 AT 3:31 PM
Yes, patients are reading these reports. If and when I get Covid, as I’m sure most Americans will with riots and protest and government half hazardly opening the states too soon and too fast. I intend to ask my Dr to apply for an eIND for a drug called Leronlimab. Which has been proven safe in trials and is also far more effective than Remdesivir without the dangerous side effects. Remdesivir has failed trials and the FDA changed the criteria to get it approved. Though it’s barely more effective than placebo.

I have taken hydroxychloroquine. For about a week a couple of years ago after being diagnosed with Lupus. I did not tolerate it very well. I don’t even want to try Remdesivir. It’s ineffective and causes liver damage. The only drug I have heard of with any real hope is Leronlimab. Charlie Sheen has been taking Leronlimab for years. 800 patients have taken Leronlimab for HIV in trials without any reports of serious side effects. Leronlimab is actually working. Improving patients regardless of co-morbidities, most within just a few days. It stops/reduces cytokine storms and reduces viral load.

I would like to see doctors, media and governments talking about Leronlimab instead of pushing these ineffective and dangerous treatments or ego and for profit.

Mike Klein
JUNE 3, 2020 AT 4:45 PM
Sonya— you are very intelligent in recognizing Leronlimab as not only the BEST but so far ONLY drug that works beautifully for Covid-19 patients and without and serious side effects. I was so disappointed when the FDA and Fauci were touting Remdesivir….and not surprised how Gilead changed the trial design before the trial was finished because even they knew their drug (Remdesivir) wasn’t really that effective ! Leronlimab will be recognized SOON….can’t wait for the trial data to be released over the next 4-6 weeks. It will be interesting to see how Big Pharma and the FDA react. I hope the FDA realizes that Leronlimab is a game changer and grants approval for Leronlimab to treat Covid-19 patients and also speeds up their so-called ‘fast’ (if you call 6 months ‘fast’ for a drug the FDA already knows has no serious adverse events in over 800 patients, some as many as 5 years) track designation and approves) Leronlimab for use as a combo drug for HIV patients.

Dee Thompson
JUNE 3, 2020 AT 4:25 PM
Leronlimab is a home run according to physicians who have seen it take Covid-19 patients off ventilators, even ones who were on ECMO or had liver disease… it’s a home run because Leronlimab is a triple play quieting the cytokine storm, improving the immunologic homeostatis and decreasing the viral load. While this drug from the company CytoDyn is getting FDA expediated trials for Covid-19, it’s been tested for HIV for more than five years on more than 840 patients with no serious negative side effects and is being trialed for 22 solid cancers. Emergency INDs can be retained via physician from the FDA. Leronlimab is said to be in a class of its own and at the top of the class, nothing better out there has been found.

Rosie
JUNE 3, 2020 AT 6:54 PM
Unless you’ve been on this medication, I find it interesting reading comments telling people they are wrong because Google said so. Plaquenil or hydroxychloroquine is a very safe drug. I’ve been taking it for over 16 years now and I have not had any horrible side effects. I cannot say the same with the OTC FDA approved Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen. Hydroxychloroquine is a very inexpensive medication and ridiculously cheap with my insurance, maybe $3.00 if that. The medication was approved by the FDA years ago before the FDA got in bed with big pharm. Hydroxychloroquine as with other FDA approved drugs are prescribed off label for treatment, but doesn’t mean the prescribing doctor has gone rogue. I agree with others, 1. Hydroxychloroquine would be a moot point had Trump not said a word and 2. If Hydroxychloroquine was more of a profit maker for Big Pharm and their shareholders, the drug would not be an issue.

I question the drug Remdesivir by Gilead Scienes for treating Covid-19. There are other companies doing research as well, but those companies aren’t being promoted in the media as the “Wonder Drug” that’s going to save the world from Covid-19. There’s a reason why people say “follow the money”. I found nine people on the Remdesivir Research Trial Committee that personally have financial interests or ties with Gilead Sciences, Inc. If Remdesivir is a success, those nine committee members will make millions with their stock holdings in Gilead. These are just nine that I found. Another reason for FDA, CDC, NIL, Gates, Fauchi and his NIAID keep nudging the public to believe Hydroxychloroquine is a big, bad medicine. It is rumored Remdesivir will cost a fortune, which is par for the course with Gilead Science, Inc. They are the same makers of the first drug treatment for AIDS, which was so expensive people couldn’t afford treatment.

I don’t remember the names, but there are a couple research scientists that have already questioned some of the data from the Remdesivir Trial. It seems like a conflict of interest.-----

After the publication of the NY hospital dr Garlucci about his evidence that the HCQ - Zn2+ - Azithromycine triple 5 day combo intake certainly does have positive effects on the mortality rate for Corona virus infected patients in even such a late stage as a hospital setting (other tests show even better results when used in a pre-hospital setting), and the Leronlimab tests that will reach their endpoint on June 15, new patients will at last have serious hopes.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Comments are closed, sadly. Here are the comment pages 3, 2 and 1.
As you can see for yourself, there are a lot professionals commenting :

www.statnews.com...

www.statnews.com...

www.statnews.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It's really sad to think of all the people that died and could have been saved. It's disgusting that some people chose to politicize this. They can rightfully take their share of the blame for the deaths for pushing this propaganda.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Is LERONLIMAB a game changer? Coronavirus (COVID-19) Treatment | How does LERONLIMAB Work?
May 01, 2020 :
www.youtube.com...

Leronlimab is a humanized monoclonal IgG antibody and a potential medication and treatment against coronavirus (COVID-19) infections. Leronlimab was originally developed for HIV and works by blocking the CCR5 receptor and stopping the calcium signaling. The CCR5 receptor is a known receptor for many inflammatory chemokines including CCL5, also known as RANTES. RANTES stands for “regulated on activation, normal T-Cell expressed and secreted” and is a chemokine produced by t-lymphocytes, basophils and macrophages. The RANTES chemokine is expressed by many immune cells and plays a role in homing and migration of T cells during acute infections.

By blocking the CCR5 receptor on leukocytes, the idea with leronlimab to treat coronavirus is you block the transmission of the chemokine signal from RANTES, thus preventing the migration of more immune cells to attenuate a cytokine storm.
It is also believed that leronlimab’s other effect is polarization of macrophages from pro-inflammatory to antinflammatory phenotypes.

CCR5 is a chemokine receptor and is expressed by T-cells and macrophages and is known to be an important co-receptor, along with CD4, of HIV. The CCR5 gene is located on chromosome 3 at position 21 and a 32 base pair deletion in the gene is associated with HIV infection resistance. Therefore research has been focused on CCR5 blocking and gene editing knockout of the receptor to treat many diseases and infections.

Highlights from a press release from Cytodyn reporting Leronlimab's effectiveness against coronavirus (COVID-19):

1. Complete inhibition of IL-6 by day 14 and significant reduction by day 7
2. Restoration of CD8 and CD4 counts to normal with normalization CD4/CD8 ratios
3. Decrease in t-regulatory cells that inhibit innate and adaptive immunity
4. Reduction in plasma viral load
5. And in over 800 patients studied in HIV trials, there were no serious adverse effects observed with the use of leronlimab.

-Watch the video to get more information about why leronlimab is a potential game changer against the fight with COVID-19
-Dr. Yogendra

Try to read most of the professional comments and questions, it's interesting enough if you want to keep up with the most promising Coronavirus solutions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join