It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Presidential Election 2020: How Will Civil Unrest Help or Hurt Each Candidate?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Betting odds are based on how people are placing bets...not necessarily polls.

I was well aware of how big of an underdog Trump was in the betting world in 2016.

It is still something worth noting, Trump had the edge until the unrest.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I don't have to make the choice between gonorrhea or syphilis. Things are much nicer and simpler for me.

I am, however, amazed that, with 320 million people to choose from, and to do the choosing, you end up with those particular two?

... and the last time it was no better.

Perhaps the system they are using doesn't actually work?

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: acackohfcc

Yup, we b!tch about the same two party nonsense but instead of doing something about it, we dig our heels in and just accept the reality the powers that be gave us.

Pick a side and fight to the death!

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
chr0naught, despite not living here, you spend enough time on this forum to understand that We The People do not have a say in the candidates selected to participate in the general elections.

The super-delegate mechanism is proof positive of the illusion of choice on the D side, and I'm sure there are similar shenanigans that go on at the national party level for the R's.

The system works for the most part, has worked for several centuries now, but it's starting to rust and decay, mainly IMO due to the influence of $$$ in politics, and the de facto establishment of a 'political feudal system' of patronage and bribery, where lifetime party members must sell their soul and become professional legislators/politicians to even be considered for public office.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I voted 3rd party in '16; no compunctions with breaking from 2 party dogma over here.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
en.m.wikipedia.org...
List of Criminal convictions for BOTH party's and focusing on just my life time 50 years there are dozens from BOTH sides This is JUST federal if there is local list of Convicted state and city it would take PAGES to post them all .

My roommate spent 3 months taking about dems you spend all yoru time talking about Rep Both sides of the same corrupt coin .
The rael challange is finding even ONE whop has NOT committed a crime taht list is just teh ones who got cought .

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Its looking like the Riots and protest are actually helping democrats win senate races. If that happens Trump winning will be really bad,because they will impeach him again,and the VP until they get to a democrat.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'm not voting this time unless a 3rd party runs.
If we would all just stop voting the lesser evil maybe something will change.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I vote for repubs locally most of the time.
Are you saying that I should stop voting for them because I got beat up by repubs?

because i have been. twice.

posted on Jun, 6 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: scraedtosleep

If we look at exit poll data, 35% of those that voted identified as Democrat, 31% identified as Republican, and 34% identified as independent.

If the votes of independents don't decide elections, then the votes of Republicans definitely don't.

hmmm. hard to believe that many independents voted.

I see it a bit differently.

A lot of Reps, and Dems register the way they do because of family history, union bosses endorsements, promises of "free stuff, etc.

I think Inds are more likely to take a non partisan, and better researched view, and therefore go out of their way to make it to the polls.

I can agree with that.
edit on 6-6-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join