It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue Tooth Connection Issues - PLEASE HELP ME!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I have Windows 10 with Blue Tooth capability but every time I try to connect my Blue Tooth Head Phones, the program works for about 10 seconds and then closes. I have Blue Tooth turned on in settings, and I am clicking on the right program, still...I have had them work for a day before, only to disappear from my computer the next day, very frustrating and I really do not want to have to do an UPDATE that is disruptive, any suggestions?

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritofsoul
I have Windows 10 with Blue Tooth capability but every time I try to connect my Blue Tooth Head Phones, the program works for about 10 seconds and then closes. I have Blue Tooth turned on in settings, and I am clicking on the right program, still...I have had them work for a day before, only to disappear from my computer the next day, very frustrating and I really do not want to have to do an UPDATE that is disruptive, any suggestions?

I'll be damned, right after I posted this I went and tried again and I managed to get it to work...UNREAL!

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Question: were the headphones coupled with your phone right before that?

Because there can be only one coupling for a device in that moment.

I learned that when I tried to connect two mobiles to my car's hands free equipment. It wasn`t possible to connect two phones to one radio at the same moment. Thats per standard.
edit on 3 6 2020 by ManFromEurope because: mistakes were made.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Windows 10 ‘remembers’ but very often can’t reconnect to the device.
I have to repeat the connection process for bt devices very often.

When trying to get the to work -
Go to settings > devices > select your headphones and click ‘remove’.
Now re-pair the hedaphones, click on ‘add bluetooth or other device’ and set the headphones to pairing mode.

If re-pairing doesn’t work you’ll probably need to go fudge around in device manager, maybe just try using it to check if your bt adapter’s drivers are up to date.

NB. Remember to check what your default audio playback device is after pairing.
edit on 3-6-2020 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

Some devices can connect to more than 1 device (my Phillips headphones) and some cannot. Turn off BT on everything but the device you want to connect to.

Depending on model, there may be a pairing button you may need to activate.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Windows 10 ‘remembers’ but very often can’t reconnect to the device.
I have to repeat the connection process for bt devices very often.

When trying to get the to work -
Go to settings > devices > select your headphones and click ‘remove’.
Now re-pair the hedaphones, click on ‘add bluetooth or other device’ and set the headphones to pairing mode.

If re-pairing doesn’t work you’ll probably need to go fudge around in device manager, maybe just try using it to check if your bt adapter’s drivers are up to date.

NB. Remember to check what your default audio playback device is after pairing.
....I have been flying blind because of 2 reasons, I am an idiot and the instructions are in Portuguese (bought in Brazil).

Question: were the headphones coupled with your phone right before that?

Because there can be only one coupling for a device in that moment.

I learned that when I tried to connect two mobiles to my car's hands free equipment. It wasn`t possible to connect two phones to one radio at the same moment. Thats per standard.

....Hard for me to know what the buttons do, they are so small, the writing is impossible to read with magnifying glasses (which I do not have) and they are labeled in Portuguese, still I figured out how to pair it after my Blue Tooth miraculously reappeared in my settings, LOL, comedy of errors, but I some how found a way to connect, for now, that can change.

Some devices can connect to more than 1 device (my Phillips headphones) and some cannot. Turn off BT on everything but the device you want to connect to.

Depending on model, there may be a pairing button you may need to activate.

....I have a TV and a cell phone that are on right now and that has not interfered, the problem has been, so far, what happens when I disconnect and try to use them again the next day, that is the adventure I have had, anyway thanks.

posted on Jun, 3 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

Question answered. Thread closed.

Do not respond to this post

LOL!

Windows 10 is a strange beast. I personally do not like the silent update stuff. And the “thinking for you” as I turn crap off that then becomes active again (ahem *Cortana* ahem. Worse than iTunes in always being connected).

Glad it works because I have no advice on Win10!!

Gates giveth, Gates taketh away!!

posted on Jun, 10 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritofsoul

Usually either a defective device or driver problem.

Make sure you have the manufacturers drivers.

First thing I do on a new Windows install is disable Windows Driver Updates and make sure all drivers are from the manufacturer. In fact, I usually do a full Driver Restore (which is easy, when you have Dell Business Class Machines and use the Dell Command Update app).

top topics

join