It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strong Black women standing up to rioters and BLM protesters.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
a reply to: scrounger

THAT, is the exact reason I question this reality. Its hard for me to believe that such people exist...and in such numbers. Its almost like I slipped into some sort of alternate universe 10-15yrs ago.

I hear ya

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I think I'm in love. This woman rocks!

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Yep. She is awesome. This blm victim hood c rap will end up turning me into a racist. She is the antidote. A human.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
In the first video, the woman is essentially saying that the people protesting on behalf of Black Lives Matter are hypocrites primarily because they dont seem to be as concerned with Black lives when they are the victims of fellow Blacks.

She also goes on to say that while she is Black, she is not oppressed, that anyone who really wants to succeed in America is capable of doing so regardless of Race.

That there is a deliberate effort to create a class division and an underclass.

In this next video, this woman is berating the rioters, the looters, the thugs and the criminals for destroying her neighborhood.

I can feel her pain.

What a great woman

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I agree with the second woman. I've heard of countless stories from people at protests (to legitimate protest) that most of the destruction is being started by outsider groups who don't even live in the area, and sometimes even live hundreds of miles away. In this case she is speaking directly to a group of white kids who (I'm guessing) don't live in that black neighborhood. Whether they are left-wing Antifa, or right-wing supremacists, or supremacists disguised as Antifa, or undercover cops disguised as supremacists disguised as Antifa, they need to GO.

The first woman is certainly hitting all of the usual conservative talking points. People that ask "what about Chicago" usually don't give a crap about Chicago either, they just bring it up whenever someone gets upset about a black person getting murdered by the police. As human beings with consciousness, it is totally reasonable to be mad about BOTH issues. Why is it always an either/or?

I somewhat agree with her point about the MSM though. It would be neat if they highlighted one of the countless organizations dedicated to addressing violence within black community, but I guess police murders bring more viewers and therefore more ad revenue. Money over everything.

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

interesting video the woman is right we should be standing against any and all violent killings and injustice

I just wanted to ask , at 1:12 in the video the camera pans to graffiti on the ground

# 12

does anyone know the significance of this tag
and why the camera man decided to pan to that graffiti , when there is graffiti everywhere?

my partner says it has something to do with ACAB like # the police , or it was something to do with tom hanks
sounds crazy I know

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Strong American women, glad to hear their ideas.

The reactions here though ... remind me of a Trump quote:

“See that guy there? Stand up. That’s my African American.”

I wonder what these strong American women would say about being tokenized like that?

posted on Jun, 5 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No, just happy to hear the non-brainwashed speaking up whenever possible.

posted on Jun, 8 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
It's such a difficult one.

We have two sides of the argument, and the truth sits somewhere in the middle.

Extremes on both sides are always the loudest, hence nothing gets done.

Hard-left crusty antifa thugs just want to smash stuff up and perpetuate white guilt.

Hard-right confederate flag waving wheezing losers in cheap flak jackets want black people to pipe down and stay quiet.

The rest of the BAME cultures seem not to get a look in - I'd love to see blacks, Indians, Chinese etc all peacefully marching together.

These women aren't wrong, but equally it's undeniable that there is systemic racism in the US. To deny that is either through honest ignorance, or wilful avoidance. The ratio of blacks to whites in the legal system speaks volumes - it's completely irrational to suggest that black people are naturally more prone to cause criminal acts.

Look into the history of how crack coc aine made it into black communities in the 80s. We did that. And, the US prison system seems to be based on punishment rather than rehabilitation or education - again perpetuating the issues of broken communities. Sending ANYONE to jail for 25yrs for having small amounts of cannabis 3x is utterly inhumane (and surprising that CA keeps supporting it...).

I feel no guilt for the actions of my ancestors. I'm British so I'd be permanently feeling guilty if I was that way inclined.

I look to the future, not the past. My focus is on being a good person, encouraging others to do the same, and calling out people for any kind of prejudice.

The problem now is the white guilt thing is perpetuated by fear of being labelled a racist when discussing it. Again the extreme minority ruin the debate for the majority.

There IS systemic racism. But we need to focus on instigating change through clearly planned proposals and education. Screaming at each other and smashing things to bits is ridiculous. Brute force does not work.

Hence Trump and his "dominate them" Duterte attitude has resulted in him cowering in a bunker behind fences covered in razor wire. In the White House. In 2020. Master negotiator indeed.

I see no easy way out of this. Humans are inherently tribal. The loudest get heard. Meanwhile we're all busy saying RIDICULOUS cr@# like "vote blue no matter who" And "never voting Democrat as long as I live!!"

Or saying you'll endorse anyone, good or bad, just so your team wins.That attitude is anti democracy to the absolute core and enables leaders to abuse their power without scrutiny. Here in the UK we almost make a sport of calling out our leaders, even when we support them over all. It's our duty as patriots. Blind faith is for dictatorships and cowards.

Insecurity is killing us all. And we allow it to happen, busying ourselves with ad hom attacks and stupid memes which would be pathetic even for a teenager. Meanwhile our leaders continue to make a fortune from our fighting - yes, that includes Trump and you're naive and partisan if you disagree. He's as much the swamp as Hillary and co any day.

Sad.

p.s. before the "mind ur business limey!!!1" rubbish starts: google geopolitics and have a quick read. This stuff impacts us all.
edit on 8-6-2020 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I just read online that he BLM isnt a registered charity and its a corporation with ties to ActBlue

BLM funds funneled through democract group

apparently the funds are channeled through Act Blue first before reaching the charity organisation

Yet those donations do not go straight to Black Lives Matter. Rather, they first pass through ActBlue Charities, a fundraising group that bankrolls Democratic and progressive political efforts across the country. The group offers users a suite of fundraising tools, including data analytics, support services and customized contribution forms, to facilitate donor solicitation efforts.

So supporting black lives matter with donation effectively your funding the two party system that is oppressing you

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Source: Just the News blog

Just The News at mediafactcheck.org

Right bias, factual source.

As to the accuracy of the topic ... the connection between the two groups is clearly disclosed RIGHT THERE ON THE DONATE page at blacklivesmater.org:

ActBlue Charities is a registered charitable organization formed to democratize charitable giving.

By proceeding with this transaction, you agree to ActBlue's terms & conditions.

DONATE page
edit on 12-6-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Made two corrections

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

There is systemic racism in the US, it's against people both white skinned and black skinned with the goal of keeping us divided.

This systemic racism is not, however, applicable if you are one of the in group to the elite. Then regardless of skin color the world is your oyster.

Until people realize this isn't really a systemic issue against specifically black people, and stop insisting it is, you're all playing right into the hands of those dividing us.

It's the elite vs the common man as it always has been. Racism is just a tool in their arsenal. There's a reason damn near every solution to racism against people with black skin is racism against people with white skin.
edit on 6/12/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/12/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I agree with you.

However, you just acknowledged that racism exists (you're using the systemic adjective).

It does exist in all people and against all races.

The people who are protesting at teh current time are concerned about Black men being executed in the street REPEATEDLY by the very police that they are told are there to protect them.

Isn't that worthy of attention? If Black on White racism is such a big issue, let's deal with that too. I agree COMPLETELY.

Isn't there an order of operations here? Triage?

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

By itself? No not one bit. It's a symptom of a bigger problem, and nothing gets solved by targeting the symptom, especially when all that will come of it is worse side effects. The problem is those making the rules and laws are the same ones making these problems and dividing us. Any solution created by these people will simply create more problems. Nothing can be made better by this because we are not only ignoring the root cause but giving the root cause full control.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Okay fair enough, question asked and answered.

I hear you and I agree with far more that you're saying than what I disagree.

We have asked Black Americans over and over and over in this country to stay calm, stop protesting and rioting (Black folks are NOT the only ones doing either) and let's work with the police to improve the situation.

And every time in the past, the Black community did that. And every time we, the larger society, have let them down.

I can't blame them for being rightly pissed and horrified. While I don't advocate for any violence for political means, I can understand it to some degree. And if we keep putting a lid on it and not turning the fire down.

Someday it's going to explode and burn and keep burning. I think we should stop that.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Yup things will explode exactly as planned. They're hoping this time is it. They can't force it.

That's the thing, people like to pretend like there's some shadow government or secret society controlling everything but there isn't. Sure such groups exist, but they don't control the world, they simply exist in various forms and groups that all want to maintain and cement their power, status, and ability to get away with depravity. They aren't fully united but all agree on that principle, and to that affect they attempt to manipulate things for that purpose and it's no where near an exact science.

That being said, they have enough control with the media which is their biggest weapon to make sure only the divisive doomed to fail causes get all the attention. They also know enough dirty tricks to make any cause violent except any that target them specifically. Ever wonder why it's always the poor destroying poor communities and never anyone storming the mansions of the filthy rich?

There's only one solution to fix any of this and I don't know anyone who can rile up enough people with the media controlled by the enemy, nor that can implement something that won't end up being more of the same.

When I see enough people riled up for a winning cause I will be there, but I doubt I'll ever even be allowed to see it or be aware of it if they do.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I don't think one group (ala "Illuminati") controls the world ... but there is a very small number of people that are truly in contol of world banking, politics and media.

We don't see them. They don't talk on Twitter.

The only thing I've discovered, in a few decades of reading and thinking about these issues, is that I can know my own mind and control behavior. I concentrate on that and try to help others when I can. Thanks for the chat.

posted on Jun, 12 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Right I agree there is no one group. Tons of old boy clubs of the rich and powerful exist though. And with less than sixty people controlling over half the world's wealth, it should be common sense.

I'm with you on helping others when and where I can. It's why I'm a home health aide despite the crap pay for the work, and why I stick by my struggling girlfriend despite her struggles due to a life time of abuse and physical ailments.

You'd be surprised how many caregivers are caregivers at home as well. Our work rarely ever really ends.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
shame we cant just gang up on the those 60 and say redistribute the wealth or we eat you

posted on Jun, 17 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   

something I want to know

I thought BLM were a registered terror organisation according to the US government so then why are Act BLue able to take donations from a known terror group to fund election campaigns ?

isnt that illegal

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join