It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch This Protester Instantly Neutralize Tear Gas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Just in case you are ever out and about with your large mouth coffee thermos and are the recipient of a 40MM grenade launched tear gas canister you will have a means of killing the gas effects. The gas is let off with burning so closed cylinder no oxygen maybe the fire stops but place some wet mud in your thermos shake well and walla...SUCCESS ! Or so the story goes...

You will notice this guy in Hong Kong was already wearing a tear gas mask otherwise he would not have been so brave IMO....

Anyone who has been in the service has been gassed or at least that used to be part of the training way back when. Tear gas comes in different flavors of repellent as some are just a painfully bad irritant while others will actually make you gag and throw up while suffering . Anyway I thought this was interesting in these days and times..

You might remember the viral video below of a Hong Kong protester plucking a smoking tear gas canister from the ground, plopping it into a thermos, and sealing the lid. Then, he shakes it. What comes out of the thermos is a pile of dark grey sludge.

www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
....or it doesn't work, the pressure builds and .....

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
If a certain level of force is not useful, then use bigger force.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Good to know.
A BLM protest is expected in my small city on Friday June 5.... At a park about 2 blocks from my home.

My street has the biggest, nicest, houses in town, and where right off a main street.

I goto work tomorrow morning for a week.
My wife was joking on the weekend what would we do if suddenly there was rioting here.

I hope these people can keep it cool.

edit on 1-6-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
pretty sure water buckets while less portable are safer and do the same thing with out the risk of pressure building

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
If a certain level of force is not useful, then use bigger force.

Agreed. If neutralizing tear gas becomes a common thing among US "protesters," then the next logical step will be something less easy to neutralize than tear gas. A spectrum which very well could include live ammo.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Actually watching a protest in Hong Kong, some guy used a battery operated leaf blower to push the smoke away while someone else with oven mitts grabbed it and lobbed it back.

I also agree that the amount of pressure in those devices may exceed the burst strength of a thermos but then again the protestors in Honk Kong seemed pretty well versed in countering whatever the Chicom government dished out

But as Burd suggests, if they already are firing on crowds then the escalation to actually killing people is not that far fetched and in fact may have already happened
edit on 6/1/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Realise it's a bit late but if you encounter irritant projectiles fired by police in most of the first world, you'll discover they're frangible. Precisely to prevent them being picked up or otherwise removed from the target area.

new topics

top topics

join