It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police brutality at anti-police brutality protests. We cannot ignore this.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well, this is just rich.

I'm seeing way too many threads condemning the worst aspects of the protests and not enough questions around what is causing them to escalate to that point. At least one thread acknowledges the possibility of agent provocateurs or outsider groups initiating the property destruction and looting. The other component we need to talk about is what the police themselves are doing.

Here is a compilation of just a fraction of what's happening which should be appalling to anyone with an ounce of humanity. Highlights include:
- Driving directly into a crowd of protestors
- Trampling a young woman with a horse
- Macing someone who is helping up another protestor who fell to the ground
- Drive-by macing dozens of people just standing around
- Macing someone FROM BEHIND WHILE THEY WERE WALKING AWAY

Am I condoning the violence and looting? Obviously not. BUT, it is painfully obvious to me that the police are far too often NOT keeping the peace and in fact the ones escalating situations, which is... exactly what the protests were originally about!!

Here is another clip which leaves me with no words, and could use its own thread to be honest.

Police shooting at residents in their own homes

Here we have what appears to be a military tactical vehicle followed by about two dozen police in riot gear walking right down the middle of a RESIDENTIAL street in Minneapolis. They yell at residents, including the cameraperson to get inside their houses, and after a few seconds you hear one of them yell "Light 'em up" following by shots at the cameraperson-- who is, mind you, standing in the doorway of their house.

Where are all the adamant "last defense against tyranny" gun supporters? If tyranny looked like anything to me, this is it.

We are in for a long summer.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: solarjetman

In today’s environment, had I decided to become a cop, I think I would just ignore the calls and just show up later to pick up the bodies.
Literally millions of cops all around the country having millions of interactions daily, but those cops are judged by a small few situations.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Place the blame where it belongs. It is those that choose to destroy property and loot everything in sight who escalated this. Not the cops.

Is it your expectation that the cops should let people destroy half the country because one dumbass cop killed someone who happened to be black?

Peaceful protest is one thing. Destroying and pillaging everything in sight is entirely something different.

edit on 31-5-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   

It's a chicken or the egg situation.

However, once the riots start it's no longer a protest. If you stay, expect to be treated like a rioter and not a protester.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

+2 more 
posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I'm not giving any legitimacy to retards who start the nightly fires to begin with.

That would be the rioters, not the cops.

The rioters can burn, hell, just actually drop Napalm and be done with it.
edit on 5/31/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I'm not giving any legitimacy to retards who start the nightly fires to begin with.

You're on fire tonight, i like.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

You're on fire tonight, i like.

Arnie, we don't get along and I don't think have agreed on anything. Ever. But I have an exceedingly low tolerance for idiots, dumb#ks, morons, drama queens, manipulative garbage, and trying to convince people destruction is freedom.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   

That is very violent language you have there. Why do you want rioters to die?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Have you not been paying attention to these dog turds? Destroy what isn't yours, and you pay for it one way or the other. Your "causes" don't justify a damn thing after crossing that line.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

In today’s environment, had I decided to become a cop, I think I would just ignore the calls and just show up later to pick up the bodies.
Literally millions of cops all around the country having millions of interactions daily, but those cops are judged by a small few situations.

Being an officer is a tough, thankless job. But it does not make you above the law. All we need is more accountability.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

One more thing, it'll probably make you chuckle. You know what I find to be well beyond grating about these can't-get-laid rioter tools?

The whiny-ass effeminate skinny jeans Kevins, and the hysterically screaming Karens. I have little doubt you'd probably support court sentences that include full removal of their vocal cords. I'm starting to think it should be a mandatory option to consider.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Have you not been paying attention to these dog turds? Destroy what isn't yours, and you pay for it one way or the other. Your "causes" don't justify a damn thing after crossing that line.

Destroy what isn't yours? Like the life of George Floyd and 100's of others?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

Place the blame where it belongs. It is those that choose to destroy property and loot everything in sight who escalated this. Not the cops.

Is it your expectation that the cops should let people destroy half the country because one dumbass cop killed someone who happened to be black?

Peaceful protest is one thing. Destroying and pillaging everything in sight is entirely something different.

Did you read what I posted or watch either video? I explicitly stated that I do not condone looting or violence with this post.
Please stay on topic or visit one of the other dozen threads complaining about looting.

How many looters did you see the cops attacking in those videos?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Read back where I listed what I have exceedingly low tolerance for, and figure out which one you are if you seriously think they give a damn about the guy.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   

How is destroying your city going to bring back George?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: solarjetman

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Being an officer is a tough, thankless job. But it does not make you above the law. All we need is more accountability.

I agree.

The narrative the dems have pushed is these cops all are racist murders. heck even Netflix and amazon are putting out BLM statements today.

they are attacked, spit on vilified, treated like garbage by their own mayors, etc.

SO i understand it would be easy to say screw it.

But you are right to hold them to account, even in these trying times. However, this is far far far less of a problem than the terrorists they are fighting.

However, if the incidents shown are the worst, I am actually very surprised and think all things considered the police are being very restrained on the whole.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The officer that killed George Floyd is in jail on murder charges. Is that not justice in process?

How many cops have been killed by black men? What about their lives?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

The officer that killed George Floyd is in jail on murder charges. Is that not justice in process?

How many cops have been killed by black men? What about their lives?

Dude, please.

They're cops & not black, so they don't matter.

Edit: Actually, I take that back, they killed a black Federal the other night, in Oakland, I believe. So let me rephrase -- they're LEOs, they don't matter to these jackasses.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It's a chicken or the egg situation.

However, once the riots start it's no longer a protest. If you stay, expect to be treated like a rioter and not a protester.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

It's not a chicken or egg-- one thing (or a few things) clearly leads to the other. None of these protests started out as riots.

To be clear, I'm not claiming that the police are singlehandedly responsible for what happened next. However, it is undeniable that police aggression towards protestors who are just standing around (watch the video!!) is adding fuel to the fire.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The fact is, the cops are far more militaristic than officer friendly of old and the US is a police state with some cops who are woefully unsuited for their jobs ... though most white folks are clueless.

The cops are overworked as social workers, given military surplus (thanks to presidents of both parties, btw) and drilled at viewing most civilians as criminal due to the hellish war on drugs (due to both parties) ... which is a health-socioeconomic problem and not a criminal problem in the majority of cases.

If the cops were trained differently, demilitarized, policed their own ranks and our masters were benign and smart, things would be different... but they don't and they aren't.

*yeah, most cops are decent and they have a tough job, but ...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join