It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police and National Guard...shooting civilians on their own property

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am reminded of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. We went in with superior forces there as well and ended up creating even more terrorists the longer we staid there.

We are under martial law initiated by governors one state at a time. It has been gradually building to this level of control over us for a long time now.
I started complaining the day the government mandated fireproof cigarettes. And now have to show my state ID and or fingerprints to get a box of my favorite antihistamine.

I'm kind of glad I don't have to much more time left to witness the decay of our civilization.

PS: Thank you, George Soros!
edit on 31-5-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: jaws1975
Boohoo she got hit by a paintball! They were a group of protesters not listening to police commands, sucks that peaceful protesters are getting thrown in the same lot with the rioters but that seems to be the name of the game right now on both sides.

Police commands not to stand in their own doorway?

Which part of the Constitution do you find that jewel in?

In a situation like this.. where everyone try to hurt the police, they do not want some redneck fire his shotgun at them while chilling in the front yard. They are on full guard right now.. people should just respect them and do what they say.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Boohoo she got hit by a paintball! They were a group of protesters not listening to police commands, sucks that peaceful protesters are getting thrown in the same lot with the rioters but that seems to be the name of the game right now on both sides.

In a situation like this.. where everyone try to hurt the police, they do not want some redneck fire his shotgun at them while chilling in the front yard. They are on full guard right now.. people should just respect them and do what they say.

Situations like this?

Oh, so they were just trampling the Constitution underfoot for the “public welfare” then? Exercising the “police power”?

The only ones shooting anything were the cops. Do the math.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This should not be happening right now either. This leads to action like you see in your OP.

I can only see two outcomes at this point.

Another cop is killed publicly/recorded and there is then retaliation by police or
A police officers shoots and kills someone.

IN both instances the media can paint all cops killers and it is going to be a long summer just like 2016.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
When I originally linked it, it only said Yes.

It did not say that you had to comply etc with a request.

dps.mn.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">web.archive.org...://dps.mn.gov/macc/Pages/faq.aspx

web.archive.org...://dps.mn.gov/macc/Pages/faq.aspx

(I also took a screenshot of the page where it only says yes. from when i copied and pasted the link

a reply to: smurfy

edit...Not sure why links arent working, but it was changed in the original reddit post as well with a working link.

edit on 31-5-2020 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Situations like this?

Oh, so they were just trampling the Constitution underfoot for the “public welfare” then? Exercising the “police power”?

Yes, they will answer back with the same level of force that comes to them.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Situations like this?

Yes, they will answer back with the same level of force that comes to them.

Or, perhaps they will gang up 4 to 1 and smash a guys face into the pavement until he’s dead.

THat’s also an option for some, apparently.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I responded to this video in another thread, so I'll just repost the important part of my answer here:

OK, there is a certain amount of trust one must have for society to work. When that trust is broken so is society. A public servant informs you to do something for your own protection, and you don't and instead become a possible threat to them, then the onus is on you as to what happens next. Not the public servant.

But I'll add to this,
Late last night my cop friend came over after their very long shift, and I had them look at the video. Their impressions of this was why were the people standing outside after being asked not to? They told me that there should have been an Emergency Alert on their TVs and/or phones about not being outside, then you have the police telling people to go inside, so when you don't have people doing that the assumption is that the people ignoring requisitions might be a danger to the police and to the community.

They said that the people that got painted could have just went inside, and waited for the police to pass their house then went back outside. The fact that they didn't do that gives the police a bad impression of what the people might want to do.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

and you think the reaction now is over zealous?

Yes.

They clearly acknowledged these people were residents on their own porch and shot less than lethal at them... That's over zealous.

The rioters and looters are scum and deserve the full extent of the law... But that doesn't mean the law gets to overreach on people not doing those things.

People keep forgetting we've been allowing more and more overreach onto us. If you allow that logic in haste, it's a matter of time till it backfires.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You never know where the enemy is hiding.

See something; say something.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   

No, you got it wrong..the police need to START respecting the people.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Yes.

They clearly acknowledged these people were residents on their own porch and shot less than lethal at them... That's over zealous.

The rioters and looters are scum and deserve the full extent of the law... But that doesn't mean the law gets to overreach on people not doing those things.

People keep forgetting we've been allowing more and more overreach onto us. If you allow that logic in haste, it's a matter of time till it backfires.

This is why I keep saying not to cheerlead for the military coming in..people are not too good at looking through history, and what it shows us.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Yes.

This is why I keep saying not to cheerlead for the military coming in..people are not too good at looking through history, and what it shows us.

People are viewing this like everything, polar extremes where you have to take a side. Either you're pro ANTIFA and the destruction of property and rioting, or you're for excessive policing not limited to the military coming in.

Screw that. As in most cases, I refuse to pick a side and downplay a lot of what is wrong with that extreme. I don't agree with rioters, and I don't agree with locking down places that infringes on law abiding citizens.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

People are viewing this like everything, polar extremes where you have to take a side. Either you're pro ANTIFA and the destruction of property and rioting, or you're for excessive policing not limited to the military coming in

For sure, I'm guilty at times..the truth usually lies in the middle.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Yes, they shot at the people, but in many ways it's to show everyone that they are VERY serious about staying indoors.

They have every right to be on their own private property. They do not have to "be inside." They were on their own damned porch, and what the police did had zero justification.

Actions like these are what make people distrust and dislike the police, and it stokes the flames of anti-police sentiment.

One day they will get what's coming and it will be deserved with actions like this.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

One day they will get what's coming and it will be deserved with actions like this.

That day may be right around the corner.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Nope.

Extra-constitutional police power - authorities can take whatever steps necessary they deem for the “public good.”

Jacobsson v. Massachusetts (1905)

Same thing that was used to shut down the States for COVID.

They’ve gotten a taste for it. Phase I was a success.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Requiring vaccination for public health/good is quite different than assaulting a person who has not done anything illegal and with no probable cause or reasonable suspicion of wrongdoing on one's own property for simply not "obeying" an unlawful command, such as "go inside."

Them being on the porch had nothing to do with public good or safety, but rather exertion and overreach of authority.

edit on 31-5-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Sorry I just puked in my mouth reading this.
A forced vaccine is GBH. Considering how ill I got after my only ever flu jab I have serious concerns about making it through a basically untested vaccine with corona.
I am not the only one. People alive and healthy right now will die after getting the vaccine. Maybe only a handful but it's still russian roulette. But you would force me right? Because it's for my own health/good.

You know what I put forced vaccines and riots both into the same danger drawer.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
"Imma gunna fight fur ma freedums!! No governments gonna mek me wear no mask and stay home 'cuz of some virus. Nope. We're gonna storm that capital with our guns and pseudo military gear and....

Hey.... Whats that? People being shot at on their own porches by the police, just for being outside and presenting no threat? Hey. Thats fine....they were wearing black, the most popular clothing colour in the world...."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join