It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T Minus 18 Minutes To SpaceX Crew Dragon Launch NASA LIVE FEED

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mightmight
Landing footage:
twitter.com...

Wow. That is incredible.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

It was.

I've lived here all of my life.

The night shuttle launches were the best though!
edit on 30-5-2020 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The whole thing was pretty spectacular. I'm not even American but I felt myself welling up a little bit when it launched 😂

Fantastic achievement by space x as well as nasa.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
ABSOLUTELY SPECTACULAR!!

God's Speed and good luck, Dragon!

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
To the American posters here, how possible would it be for Trumps moon and Mars policy to be undone by future administrations should he lose the election?

Im 44 years old, I'd love to see people set foot on Mars before I go.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
well the nasa feeds been hijacked by trump going off topic, but the previous 6 hours watching was worth watching though..

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: suicideeddie

Not if you watched NASAs YouTube channel, instead. Only one shot of the President all day and it was from behind.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

He's on nasas live stream right now. I'm watching it as we speak.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Not on mine. I'm seeing NASAs rep and the SpaceX engineer discuss the upcoming second burn in moderate technical detail. No politicians anywhere.

EDIT: apologies. I forgot we switched over to SpaceX's channel about 20 minutes before launch.

Second Edit: youtu.be...
edit on 30-5-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Not on mine. I'm seeing NASAs rep and the SpaceX engineer discuss the upcoming second burn in moderate technical detail. No politicians anywhere.

EDIT: apologies. I forgot we switched over to SpaceX's channel about 20 minutes before launch.

He's right there on the live feed!

You must be watching reruns.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Very possible. It's happened before, and it will happen again.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
SpaceX docking simulator, if you ever wanted to try to dock with the ISS:

iss-sim.spacex.com...

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Was great to see! I watched on the on the NASA website and I thought it was very informative. I am happy for Space X and NASA. This is a big moment for a lot of people.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: suicideeddie
well the nasa feeds been hijacked by trump going off topic, but the previous 6 hours watching was worth watching though..

I can't fault him for pointing out that while people are making history, others are reverting back to mob mentality.

I thought it was quite on topic tbh.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   
SpaceX's aspirational goal since 2017 has been to land the first humans on Mars by 2024

Maybe it all needs doing by 2029

2004 MN4 became Apophis permanent number 99942 =33

But it won't be a satellite or an airplane - it will be a 1,100-foot-wide (340-meter-wide) near-Earth asteroid called 99942 Apophis that will cruise harmlessly by Earth, about 19,000 miles (31,000 kilometers) above the surface. That's within the distance that some of our spacecraft that orbit Earth.

It's rare for an asteroid of this size to pass by Earth so close.

When first discovered, the object received the provisional designation 2004 MN4, and early news and scientific articles naturally referred to it by that name. Once its orbit was sufficiently well calculated, it received the permanent number 99942 (on June 24, 2005).
Receiving a permanent number made it eligible for naming by its discoverers, and they chose the name "Apophis" on July 19, 2005.
[20] Apophis is the Greek name of Apep, an enemy of the Ancient Egyptian sun-god Ra. He is the Uncreator, an evil serpent that dwells in the eternal darkness of the Duat and tries to swallow Ra during his nightly passage. Apep is held at bay by Set, the Ancient Egyptian god of storms and the desert.
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I can't fault him for pointing out that while people are making history, others are reverting back to mob mentality.

I thought it was quite on topic tbh.

I agree.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Urgh... Let's hope not.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I liked the Trump part more.

You should see reporters going off topic when asking questions. It's a real sight to see.

Nice to see SpaceX make this a flawless launch and flight so far.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Ditto!

While some morons are acting like a bunch of depraved wild animals in the streets others are making giant leaps forward for mankind!

Sure hope those depraved wild animals are proud of themselves, because they look pretty LOW IQ to me right now!

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

The Artemis program will have to be restructured anyway. The 2024 moon landing is a pipedream.

A new admin post Trump can either get on board or will be left behind. Private Space Industry will be able to go forward without government support once New Glenn and Starship emerge as viable launch vehicles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join