It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Force cracking me up!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Icarus Rising
a reply to: Michigan72

It is center-left politically from what I can tell.

It still looks like it's mocking the space force, which i think is a really good idea. I'm apolitical, but even I can see space travel is necessary for our species' survival. More space stuff is always a good thing.
edit on 31-5-2020 by Michigan72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I'd give it a 5 politically, center-left.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7
It's the old hapless good guy snatches victory from the jaws of defeat theme. That resonates with me for some reason. They did leave it on kind of a cliff, or crater, hanger there in the last episode. Setup for Season 2.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Some very light jabs at trump (like tweeting) but without mentioning his name. But it's so light that i couldn't see anyone being offput by it.

The whole idea is kind of playing off trump's seemingly impulsive decision to create a space force and how that might play out in a comical way.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Space travel is great but as the show suggests, astronauts should work together for scientific advancement. Not aim to put guns in space

Maybe if trump didn't act like space force was an impulsive "why not" decision, people wouldn't make fun of it. But, that's the potus for ya..

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Icarus Rising

I wanted to watch but have a feeling it will be far too PC and starting it will be pointless. 1-10 how political is it? If I wanted politics on TV I'd put on the news.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd say a 0.
Strictly a commedy.
Minimal scifi, so I'm surprised I watched it.
I was bummed when the last one was over.
40 yr old virgin runs the new spaceforce basically.
7/10

I was suprised at how many big actors they got. Everything seems well acted. Good show, but i feel like the writing could have been better. With so much talent, it feels like the show could have been great and not just good.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Aruba, Jamaica, oh I want to take you to
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
GOOD stuff, great choice of actors...
For two or three episodes........ it does get too stupid to watch unless your stoned or something.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I was pleasantly surprised to see how well Malkovich handles comedy. It's not the first time, but still...he outshines Carell at times, and the guy is a comedy veteran.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I saw it as mostly using the real world issues from Space Force's creation as narrative devices. The Air Force are set up as rivals because the real life US Air Force also got a bit salty over having part of their domain (space) taken away from them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join