It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta mayor condemns violent protests in fiery speech: 'If you love this city go home'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

No it's not and the people doing this have articulated nothing beyond being angry and hating others.

I'd be very, very careful before I think about joining that cause in a fight overthrow a system. You have zero idea about what vision they have for what would take its place.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

And emotion is bad?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Agreed, and unfortunately, the stain and destruction they leave spreads to all the protestors.

This, I believe, is at the core of mayor's thoughts.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Increasin g proof this is a coordinated insurrection.

Do you really think ANTIFA's vision for the future is one you want to stand with?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I would tell the mayor that it appears the people of Atlanta protesting feel far more strongly about cold blooded murder by government agencies than they feel about affections for the city of Atlanta.

Wise up mayor.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

This is a coordinated attack.

My city got put on lockdown just now with a curfew. Reno, Nevada. We have less than nothing going on here and we have riots?

Something else is happening here. This is not righteous anger.
edit on 5 30 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

That's so odd. I think you're right. See what you make of the video here: Twitter

Looks like National Guard? People on their own front porches isn't allowed during curfew, I guess? But screaming at and shooting rubber bullets (or whatever that is) at them?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Not completely wrong or am i missing something:
US should stand with Minnesota violent protesters as it did with HK rioters

Global Times is owned and operated by the Chinese Communist Party. Its the english language version of People’s Daily.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

For starters that is not "protesting" that's rioting, big difference. I did support the protesters but they lost me at the first riot/looting and the more rioting and looting the less sympathy I'm feeling.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: GravitySucks
a reply to: Arnie123
And emotion is bad?

Raw, uncontrolled emotion is bad, yes.

Cold, calculated behind the scenes controlling of a lot of people who are easily led astray because they are suffering from an event that garners a lot of raw emotion is criminal domestic terrorism and these people should be charged and tried accordingly. And true terrorists should face the death penalty. Here me Soros?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The mayor provides a powerful tongue lashing to those who do not get it. I would vote for her.

Minneapolis could use her.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Yeah.... maybe making people wear masks and not letting them go to work or school and making them stir crazy now doesn't sound like a very good idea. It sounds pretty idiotic, especially since a lockdown was never warranted. But they wanted to give people a taste of what a police state will be like and now they'll be able to have an excuse to actually declare martial law.
BUT.... does anybody think that maybe these people are being mind controlled? We see younger people and, yes, an urban demographic that go out and loot and vandalize. Maybe its something in the music they listen to, videogames they play, something. Whites, blacks, hispanics. male, female. What happened to George Floyd was terrible, but we've seen worse and other events have been played up by the MSM similarly. Why did this cause such a reaction? Are people just pissed off over the lockdown and need to get out and lash out? Or are they being triggered to just " lose it".
Follow me on this. Shouldn't there be some level of desensitization over police brutality and racial injustice by now. Anger and resolve to end it, but not mass hysteria. We see school shootings mass shootings and we just accept them and try to make sense of them. Nobody's giving up their guns and our government is too inept on all levels, across both parties to offer any real solutions. So why is it that when something like this happens we share a desire to see the guilty punished but then an entire demographic just goes haywire and takes to lawlessness? Something is going on. But these idiots, the looters and protestors, I think they don't realize that they're being played and will only be working towards their own undoing.A police state will absolutely come down hardest on them and they'll be the least able to defend themselves from it.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Send in the riot police and put down the mob.

Or covid will probably get you any way.

These people are nothing short but thugs

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

ATLANTA — Atlanta’s mayor says two police officers have been fired and three placed on desk duty pending review over excessive use of force during a protest incident Saturday night.

Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms said at a news conference Sunday that she and police Chief Erika Shields made the decision after reviewing body-camera footage. Shields called it “really shocking to watch.”

Officials say the incident came to light via video that circulated online.

Source

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Balance is good. I'd hate to live in an emotionless society. Unfortunately, that may be coming.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join