It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the " real " nutrition values of foods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:22 AM
link   
hi - i has noticed a few " anomolies " recently - in the calorie value / 100gms of various foods // ingredients

many can be dismissed as different processing

but some - are raw ingredients - with different sources // packagers - printing nutitional values that vary widley [ > 10% ] for a pack of nominally identical product

and google lists a different value again .

one would " expect " all foods sold in the EU - to have a standardised [ ISO ] metric for such information - the labels are all a std layout - and required to display certain key information

but no - 2 different packs of an " identical " product - from 2 fdifferent manufactures - have different stated calorie values

like i say - some things - you expect this - ie - dry roasted peanuts - as different packers use a differnt ingredients list and cooking process

but pumkin seeds ?????????????? - they SHOULD be just washed and dried - with no variation o nutrition

so - any-one else noted this -

and do you have an explaination ???

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

They are trying to kill you.
What goes in goes out.
A plant can only contain the minerals nd Vitamins that come from the Soil or medium it grows in....even how a Plant metabolises these required fuels matters.

What part of a carrot do you eat? And Why? Don't answer unless you have the patience to follow through please.

Just an example of how badly they have screwed all f us.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Where they get the food from governs the nutrition value of the food. Say you take Selenium value of a nut, where that nut was grown and how much selenium in the soil governs how much selenium in the nut. The Selenium content can vary by fifty percent.

Our soils are depleted, and every vegetable grown has a specific amount of certain chemistries it CAN absorb. If you just fertilize with the big three, the soil gets depleted and levels of minerals go down. Microbes can break down bound nutrients in the soils, rotating crops properly can also help, but in the case of microbes, pesticides and mitocides decrease the amount of these things in the soils...leading to food growing big but not as nutritious since they do not replace the micronutrients. Those microminerals form enzymes in plants the same way they form enzymes in animals...which leads to variances in vitamins and other chemistry that is needed for the nutrition testing of the product...this goes all the way up too, meat is only as good as the quality of the food it is created with. Grass fed beef is way better but even the nutrition content of that depends on the particular grasses that the cow eats, and the mineral content of the soils that the grasses are grown on.

To study food chemistry of humans, it is important to understand agriculture and animal husbandry and to study how everything is grown in the full food chain.

Remember, food is way more than just vitamins and minerals, there are lipid profiles, amino acid profiles, and many other chemistries that are just as important as vitamins and minerals. Look at the whole picture, do not focus on just a few things. I like buying from farmers markets where people grow natural foods, on top of it being better nutritionally the majority of the time, it also tastes better.

Remember though, sometimes it is important that a veggie does not absorb a mineral...like asparagus or some particular sulfur foods grown in Arsenic soils sometimes absorb arsenic. Some people who are allergic to celery chemistry can do better on commercial celery than on organic celery. That good celery flavor is not always good for some people, I think people allergic to it would think it actually tastes worse than better if there is more celery flavor. Also, celerian root is way higher in Eugenol than the green stem or upper part. Same with parsley root, it is higher in eugenol and thujone chemistry than the parsley is....both of those chemistries actually dope us more. Celery salt and flakes are not nearly the same as celery stock and leaves. Parsley flakes are usually made from the leaves and not the roots most times.

The nutrition value of the food depends on where and how the food is grown....it is a lie to say that the nutrition in commercial and organic produce is the same...but it happens all over the world. Usually taste can determine how things are, but chemicals can be added to make something appear better than it is.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Damn....I need to shorten my posts

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Damn....I need to shorten my posts

No you don't...that is one f the better ones I have seen...full bodied flavorfull with just a touch of blue smoke....wonderful blend.Thank you.

top topics

join