It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds cheapest AI Robot brain Jetson Nano

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   
For those not familiar with Nvidia's Jetson AI computer line. They have an entry-level unit with impressive specs. It is the Jetson Nano. This $99 computer has a lot of power and a lot of AI libraries of code to play with. Here is the unit I am building out. It is built on the developer kit.

specs include:
GPU 128-core Maxwell
CPU Quad-core ARM A57 @ 1.43 GHz
Memory 4 GB 64-bit LPDDR4 25.6 GB/s
Storage microSD (not included)
Video Encoder 4K @ 30 | 4x 1080p @ 30 | 9x 720p @ 30 (H.264/H.265)
Video Decoder 4K @ 60 | 2x 4K @ 30 | 8x 1080p @ 30 | 18x 720p @ 30|
(H.264/H.265)
Camera 2x MIPI CSI-2 DPHY lanes
Connectivity Gigabit Ethernet, M.2 Key E
Display HDMI and DP
USB 4x USB 3.0, USB 2.0 Micro-B
Others GPIO, I2C, I2S, SPI, UART
Mechanical 100 mm x 80 mm x 29 mm

They have a large library installed in their Unbuntu 18.02 distro in what they call the JetPack 4.0 which contains the code and learning base for object recognition. This unit will accept all sorts of upgrades. The $99 unit like mine is considered entry-level but I don't think I have found any system in this price range with this kind of power.

Reference link: www.nvidia.com...

I am going to be using it for situational awareness applications including OCR, object recognition, and 360 degrees LIDAR. It will decode 4 video streams and provide data in all directions. They use it mostly for the robot brain but my application is for increased awareness in an automotive environment.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

That is awesome. It makes me want to learn how to code.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

It is a bit of a head-scratcher to get into coding in python which most of the AI libraries are based on but there is lots of free help out there from a community that encourages open source and did mention offers lots of free help.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

It is a bit of a head-scratcher to get into coding in python which most of the AI libraries are based on but there is lots of free help out there from a community that encourages open source and did mention offers lots of free help.

I have been looking into it for about a month now. It is very interesting, but time isn't being very cooperative at the moment.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I hear that. I was down for nearly a month with a battle to restore my kidney function and get my blood pressure under control. Now that I am not feeling like I will die soon I am back to work. The world did in this case wait for me due to the lockdown. I guess I timed my personal crisis just about right. Lucky me.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence

I hear that. I was down for nearly a month with a battle to restore my kidney function and get my blood pressure under control. Now that I am not feeling like I will die soon I am back to work. The world did in this case wait for me due to the lockdown. I guess I timed my personal crisis just about right. Lucky me.

Jesus. I hope you are doing okay. But yeah, your crisis es matched up perfectly, you lucky dog you.

Just kidding.

How much storage did you add?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

You might look into Tensor Flow. Most use it primarily for machine learning, but you can pick up a lot of Python code pre-packaged to play around with.

www.tensorflow.org...

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this. I build my computers - looks like a fun project to build one of these.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

originally posted by: highvein

You might look into Tensor Flow. Most use it primarily for machine learning, but you can pick up a lot of Python code pre-packaged to play around with.

www.tensorflow.org...

Thank you. I will check it out.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is nice! Will need to order one!

I work with Machine Learning an have been trying to build a automated workflow for my position, since I work with mass amount of data and no one else seems to understand what the hell I say and talk about, so can cross them off for help.
Machine learning and eventually merge into AI will be my only hope.

I work in the Search engine industry, but with international companies, and analyze and optimize websites.

Tensor flow is a great resource, also, just grab a chromebook, setup a dualboot linux OS on it, and rock out with some python cmd line code! Can play with it right in the terminal and start learning.

Then you can get into machine learning which will build you into AI, I have been using KNIME for a bit now, it's a MASSIVE software but VERY POWERFUL, think of it like a visual algorithm builder, but it's machine learning processes.

Great post, will be looking into this, and picking one up.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I added a 64GB MicroSD which is the max it will take on the SOM board. I also am in that MicroSD to USB module you see in this image adding 128GB like a hard drive. Plenty for storage for my applications. I am going to be using POE cameras hooked up to an injector 5 port switch. I will use one of the USB 3.0 ports to hook it to a laptop in the vehicle.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Lex Fridman who is a professor at MIT, has a bunch of podcasts from AI developers and other related topics. Have been following him for a while and learned a lot about AI - past, present and future.

www.youtube.com...

He has a "clips" channel as well if you don't have time to listen to an entire podcast:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-6-2020 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
While some are trying to improve AI enough to do most people's jobs, the next step will be a huge demand to learn computer hacking, to prove that a computer, machine may have lots of advantages over humans, When a company has to shut down production as the machines have all been hacked and now are controlled by an old employee who demands money,

posted on Jun, 2 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 11SK1180

Most computer security engineers agree that humans are the weak link in the information security apparatus. You can patch or upgrade a computer's code all you like but there is no patch or software upgrade for the human link in the chain.

new topics

top topics

join