It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Floyd Died From Heart Disease, Not Asphyxiation

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

As per the forecast, it will rain this afternoon." -- This prophecy will be coming true later

But that's a lie. You are not in the future, you can't know the future (or am I assuming too much?), anything you say about the future is a lie, even if it 'comes true' later. Not because it didn't happen the way you predicted, but because you couldn't have known whether it would happen the way you predicted, and because you couldn't know how it would actually unfold.

Why use lie as an example when teaching, when there would've been honest examples available?

Maybe a better one would've been "It is raining now, so the forecast (which is not really the same thing as 'prophecy', by the way (ironic, how someone teaching about meanings of words can make such a mistake while teaching someone else about meanings of words) was accurate".

Just maybe.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: illusion987
a reply to: ketsuko

The first dude with the "knee" on his "neck" was one of 3 officers holding him down. He was not putting full bodyweight on his neck at all. George lifted his head off the ground at least once.

Are you one of those Americans that always yap about your personal freedoms and suspicion of authority, but yet are very happy for personal freedoms to dissapear in the very real sight of authority (police). I.e a walking contradiction?

The techniques the police officers used would banned in the UK. British police are able to subdue machete wielding thugs single-handedly with no guns and restrain them, yet several armed American police cannot restrain a guy with medical problems whose already handcuffed?

What a complete farce.

Edit: Oh, the police managed to restrain the guy, and subdue him, it was quite obvious looking at the video. The knee on the neck was going completely overboard, and leaving it there for several minutes while the guy said he can't breathe is just gross negligence.

They lost their jobs? Good!
edit on 31 5 2020 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I'll just post this here.....

We can never be satisfied as long as the Negro is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of police brutality.

It's amazing how little has changed since this was said.
The O.P. might want to look up who wrote it and why, I'll give you a hint, it was said on 28 Aug 1963.
edit on 31-5-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

Are you one of those Americans that always yap about your personal freedoms and suspicion of authority, but yet are very happy for personal freedoms to dissapear in the very real sight of authority (police). I.e a walking contradiction?

Yes, he is def one of these people. Sad fact is, there are millions of people like him around the world

Hopefully this coo will get a long sentence. Absolutly no excuse for what he done!

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: illusion987

I said before that we can be DAMN glad that Trump is in the White House and not Obama or Hillary or Creepy Joe Biden. Why? Because they'd torpedo the jury trial against the cop like they did in other high profile racially charged cases. They'd have the Justice Dept. go in and intimidate the DA to throw the case and to let the perp walk away free all so they could use the outrage generated as a means to get the people into the polls come election time. They did it with Zimmerman, they did it with the Michael Brown case. Instead of going for convictions on charges they might get a win on, they go for charges they won't get one on. Or they'll throw the jury or lean on the judge. Trump has cleaned up the Justice Dept. and FBI to an extent, its not the sideshow it was under Eric Holder.
The cop still showed incredible lack of professionalism and lack of humanity for ignoring George Floyd's physical state and not monitoring his physical condition. I think they've kept the charges reasonable which is what they should do.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If history has taught us one thing it is that a medical examiner’s judgment is infallible, always without bias and are never forced/paid off especially in high profile cases...

I am white and I fear the police so I can only imagine how a black man must feel when confronted for even the most petty of issues. They are a gang with the legal power to control the outcome of any situation they are involved in with buddies that will always cover for them, a system set up to always find in their favor or justify the actions they take and a network of people they can request favors from that run pretty high up the power ladder.

They were filmed doing something and they are being held accountable for their actions by people with or without rational or impartial judgment just like they do to millions of people everyday. They don’t give those victims the decency to act like human beings and try to be understanding or deescalate so why should we bother?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Unfortunately, from what my brother-in-law (ex-police) told me, "I can't breathe" is pretty much the popular thing that suspects/detainees say, now.

It all just keeps getting more complicated as the national dialogue rolls on down a one way street. No one is listening to one another....you aren't allowed to speak honestly, productively. Nothing good will come of any of it...the protests won't do anything but make it worse for both sides. The violent protestors made sure of that.

I live in downtown Louisville. I packed my kids up and got the heck out of here on Friday night. My husband stayed behind. He said there was a slew of protestors from out of town causing most of the trouble...probably bussed in.

I just got home this morning. A house 5 doors down exploded in the middle of the night and burned to the ground. It was empty and decrepit...needed to be rebuilt. I know the owner. He also own an insurance company on my street.

My gut says he sets his own property on fire thinking protestors would get the blame.

It's all such a sh*tshow.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Oh wow you were right about how someone died , isnt that a thing to be jubilant about

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

If a man keeps telling you he can't breathe, you get him help. You don't leave him on the ground to suffer.

Until one night a perp says that's and then heads butts your nose.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

If a man keeps telling you he can't breathe, you get him help. You don't leave him on the ground to suffer.

Yup, while handcuffed, with 2 other cops on you..GTFOH

SMDH
edit on 31-5-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Unfortunately, from what my brother-in-law (ex-police) told me, "I can't breathe" is pretty much the popular thing that suspects/detainees say, now.

It is frequently part of the game, and police should play the game. He's is already in custody. Four cops. "I can't breathe". "Do you want me to call EMS for you?" Problem solved. He's in custody. He is their responsibility. Zero excuse. Excessive force which resulted in a death.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It is frequently part of the game, and police should play the game. He's is already in custody. Four cops. "I can't breathe". "Do you want me to call EMS for you?" Problem solved. He's in custody. He is their responsibility. Zero excuse. Excessive force which resulted in a death.

I agree with you. None-the-less, there should be more discussion about what is compounding the problem. There is zero discussion though.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: Bloodworth

Yup, while handcuffed, with 2 other cops on you..GTFOH

SMDH

Happens all the time, officers are bit, kicked, spit on. Walking a perp back.while handcuffed he threw his head back and broke a officers nose.

When you go through this a few times your reluctance increases big time.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
Yea seriously. What kind of person is OP that he thought it was a good time to submit this obvious attempt at triggering the empathetic members?

when the US is burning and another human being dies he has to publicly gloat about his assumptions on how a tragic death, one that has had and is still having a huge, dangerous impact on millions of people, was not the result of the cop. I don’t agree on the results but even if it was accurate who cares? These guys have gotten away with horrific acts against fellow citizens with either little or no accountability for way too long so it was only a matter of time before this happened so why choose this time, when it has the most meaning, to flex your superiority complex for that sweet, sweet argument high you crave?

A man died so have a little class and regardless if you like it or not your autopsy report means nothing because it’s the image of a cop with his knee on another mans throat that is the trigger here...an image that reminds those of us with concern and empathy for our fellow humans about all the terrible things that were done previous to this. This mans death set current events in motion and it doesn’t matter what a report says because the one thing you should probably have done was consider all the people before this who didn’t get a news report after they were killed by these same people and realized that this wasn’t the time to start a “look at me! I said I was right and I know how sensitive people are about this issue so let me make sure I can divert some of that controversy in my direction because me being right is the thing I should highlight when a man dies”.
Well I hope you are happy because at the expense of tragedy you got your narcissistic argument fix...now go choke on it and pray someone helps you as you repeatedly say you can’t breathe 👍🏻

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP
Wrong. OP opened the topic with “I was right” then proceeded to explain about how he being of superior intellectual and moral faculties was able to watch that horrible footage without emotional reaction (yea that’s not a red flag at all) because the big issue here is solely hinged on medical issues and not on the behavior of those involved...OP did not go into this with a “I’m looking to get everyones take on this medical report so I can make sure I have all the facts and help other members become informed” attitude so you are wrong. OP came into this waving his d**k in the air with the i told u so angle and wanted to argue his opinion on the matter so this wasn’t some public service to inform the public. Get real

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
George Floyd gets a new autopsy, for a second opinion.

twitter.com...

How many were performed on Jeffrey Epstein?

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DamianSicks6

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

www.bet.com...

Well, I was right. As soon as my wife showed me this video after gasping "Did you see this video?, How horrible!" I, being the rational and intelligent person I am, sat back, and reviewed the video without emotion. I saw at least once George pushing his head up off the ground. If he was being strangled, it was his own doing. The medical examiner concluded that there was no asphyxia or strangulation.

This is yet another example of fake news trying to divide America. I just wish people were more intelligent. It was so obvious to me when I saw the video.

These poor officers lost their jobs and are now being charged with murder. They are already found guilty by the court of the public. There are already people saying that the medical report is "fixed" etc.

The police will be acquitted and hopefully, get their jobs back. Believe it or not, this was a routine arrest and restrain until emt showed up.

There have been many situations over the years where someone is involved in a fight, they suffer a heart attack during the fight and die. Generally, the person whom they are fighting are charged with manslaughter. That is what this police officer is being charged with. He didn't intend to kill him, but he did.

Let me ask you this, if you were being arrested and the police officer decided to sit on your neck for 9 minutes or so, how would you feel about that? Police brutality? Intent to kill you? Violated your civil rights? All of the above? I am guessing, if you survived, you would be running to your lawyer to see what civil action you could take against both the city and the officer.

Even if the autopsy is 100% correct, any normal person watching this video should agree that the actions of this police officer are not justifiable. The precise criminal code they violate may be subject to reasonable judgment. However, if your judgment, based on the video is all is well, he should keep his job. Your judgment falls outside the norms of what most people are going to consider reasonable. People like yourself may make it hard to get a criminal conviction. However, in the matter of civil judgments, it doesn't take a unanimous verdict. That family is going to get paid, paid a lot of money because enough reasonable people will be on that jury.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dougie6665

www.bet.com...

Well, I was right. As soon as my wife showed me this video after gasping "Did you see this video?, How horrible!" I, being the rational and intelligent person I am, sat back, and reviewed the video without emotion. I saw at least once George pushing his head up off the ground. If he was being strangled, it was his own doing. The medical examiner concluded that there was no asphyxia or strangulation.

This is yet another example of fake news trying to divide America. I just wish people were more intelligent. It was so obvious to me when I saw the video.

These poor officers lost their jobs and are now being charged with murder. They are already found guilty by the court of the public. There are already people saying that the medical report is "fixed" etc.

The police will be acquitted and hopefully, get their jobs back. Believe it or not, this was a routine arrest and restrain until emt showed up.

There have been many situations over the years where someone is involved in a fight, they suffer a heart attack during the fight and die. Generally, the person whom they are fighting are charged with manslaughter. That is what this police officer is being charged with. He didn't intend to kill him, but he did.

Let me ask you this, if you were being arrested and the police officer decided to sit on your neck for 9 minutes or so, how would you feel about that? Police brutality? Intent to kill you? Violated your civil rights? All of the above? I am guessing, if you survived, you would be running to your lawyer to see what civil action you could take against both the city and the officer.

Even if the autopsy is 100% correct, any normal person watching this video should agree that the actions of this police officer are not justifiable. The precise criminal code they violate may be subject to reasonable judgment. However, if your judgment, based on the video is all is well, he should keep his job. Your judgment falls outside the norms of what most people are going to consider reasonable. People like yourself may make it hard to get a criminal conviction. However, in the matter of civil judgments, it doesn't take a unanimous verdict. That family is going to get paid, paid a lot of money because enough reasonable people will be on that jury.

He said it could never happen to him, because he is not a criminal.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DamianSicks6
a reply to: KnoxMSP
Wrong. OP opened the topic with “I was right” then proceeded to explain about how he being of superior intellectual and moral faculties was able to watch that horrible footage without emotional reaction (yea that’s not a red flag at all) because the big issue here is solely hinged on medical issues and not on the behavior of those involved...OP did not go into this with a “I’m looking to get everyones take on this medical report so I can make sure I have all the facts and help other members become informed” attitude so you are wrong. OP came into this waving his d**k in the air with the i told u so angle and wanted to argue his opinion on the matter so this wasn’t some public service to inform the public. Get real

Sadly this attitude is happening in every thread on here about anything to do with George Floyd.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join