It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Arrested

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Cops are use to people yelling all kind of stuff when detained.. I cannot breath. your breaking my arm.. and so...

Màybe they are used to hearing that because it's true?

Just maybe...

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: game over man

What possible law is going to stop police brutality, with the exception of a Minority Report pre-crime institution? Murder is already illegal. It happens daily.

Some of the comments in various threads as of lately makes me feel ATS is mostly frat boys.

You're asking me, when I already wrote, "whatever that would be"

Just making that point clear.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Cop was in the wrong, no doubt not arguing that point..

But all the people saying turn him over to the mob here on the ATS saddens me a great deal.

Mob rule was not right when it was common and it is certainly not right in this day and age.

It is scary to think how many people have no actual concept of justice, IF the trial shows he was malicious in his behavior prison certainly wont be a picnic for the guy.

Mob death sentence just leads to worse places, you folks really want to see him beaten to death recorded and on youtube for his family to see it?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

What possible law is going to stop police brutality, with the exception of a Minority Report pre-crime institution? Murder is already illegal. It happens daily.

Some of the comments in various threads as of lately makes me feel ATS is mostly frat boys.

Yes, I am asking you since you’re the one who said we need a law. I apologize for thinking you had something more substantial in mind than “won’t somebody do something?!”

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I'm reading people think 2nd degree is a better charge. I'm just relieved at least something has been done.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I'm reading people think 2nd degree is a better charge. I'm just relieved at least something has been done.

As long as they can prove without a doubt that Chauvin intended to kill him. I believe that's what 2nd degree is. Intent without premeditation. Or in other words, no accident. Sure that's what it looks like, but can it be proven without a doubt?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Yes, I am asking you since you’re the one who said we need a law. I apologize for thinking you had something more substantial in mind than “won’t somebody do something?!”

If I was a lawyer who posted on ATS I would have wrote the specifics for ya 🤝

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I was not aware that one needs a JD to come up with an idea for a law they suggest be implemented but hey, I think you’ve got a really terrific idea. We need laws that stop all crime 100%, period, full stop.

Man I think you’re on to something with that one.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Not taking away from what he did , But this isn't going to come to anything other then appeasing the public at the moment. Any good lawyer will get him off citing training and the fact that he didn't set out to kill him.
edit on 5/29/2020 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

As long as they can prove without a doubt that Chauvin intended to kill him. I believe that's what 2nd degree is. Intent without premeditation. Or in other words, no accident. Sure that's what it looks like, but can it be proven without a doubt?

They are confident they will come to a guilty verdict because they did before with the cop who shot the woman. I think they're looking into body cam footage, and I believe an autopsy to figure out cause of death. In other words the investigation is still on going. Last time it took a year before the arrest, they did it this time in 5 days. I think 3rd degree murder is obvious don't you?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I was not aware that one needs a JD to come up with an idea for a law they suggest be implemented but hey, I think you’ve got a really terrific idea. We need laws that stop all crime 100%, period, full stop.

Man I think you’re on to something with that one.

I never said that. What are you doing by the way?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

That's one of my questions too. There is a chunk of time here missing with the released videos because if you watch the store camera you can see when the first cop takes him over to the car across the street he falls to the ground as they reach the car but that isn't the same side of the car as where he ends up face down on the ground. I assume Chauvin showed up when the first officer walked him over across the street and then for some reason he was moved around the car from the first time he fell.

Added after reading charging doc:

The charging document says Chauvin and Thao turned up as they were taking him across the street and it was Chauvin who pulled Floyd out of the passenger side of the vehicle and onto the ground. The question is now why they would remove him from the police car after getting him in?
edit on 29-5-2020 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Where is his mugshot?

Charging Documents can be read here:

www.startribune.com...

Officer Lane Approached vehicle and drew his weapon????? Over a $20 possibly counterfeit bill?

Oh FFS the charging document keeps changing officer Lane's name from Lane to Lang. Can't they do the most basic stuff?

So, Floyd was in the police car and they dragged him out and on to the ground?

2.56 on his neck after he was unresponsive and they couldn't find a pulse?
edit on 29-5-2020 by Identified because: Add info

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You said you want a law that 100% stops police brutality. I took your idea and made it better by saying we need a law that 100% stops all crime. Why, what are you doing?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes
I hope they have him under very secure protection, away from the population and those darn suicide insects.

I don't throw his bitch ass in gen pop and save us all some time money and effort.

And 3rd degree murder and man slaughter? Yea lol figures. This is really holding cops to a higher standard.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

So basically they had to lift George into the cruiser and then his killer pulled him all the way out the other side and took him to ground and put his knee on his neck. One of the other guys asked if they should roll him to his side to prevent excited delirium, and his killer said no. They saw he had stopped breathing, checked for a pulse, found none, the same one asked again if they should move him, and nobody moved for another two minutes.
edit on 29-5-2020 by Shamrock6 because: Clarity

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sounds like a good summary to me.

Amazing! You can see they are already starting the entire "he has medical conditions" and "all three thought it was okay to stay put so it must have been fine."

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
minnesota.cbslocal.com...

Charged with 3rd degree Murder, Manslaughter, could become more

I'm going to place this here because it shows how Freeman keeps talking nonsense regarding ho2 Chauvin could have been taken into custody immediately without having a smoking gun evidence first.

Section 167 of the Code of Criminal Procedure provides that a person may be kept in police custody to the extent of 15 days at the order of the Magistrate for further inquiry and investigation.

Good.

Now let them get the other 3 cops and charge them also.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Sounds like Minneapolis employed the same coroner who performed the autopsy on Jeffrey Epstein.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
To you cops lurking and posting, you know you are there, if me and my three homies see your dad passing a $20 at the Walgreens that is counterfeit what will happen to us if we tackle him, hold him down and choke him until he dies while making a citizen’s arrest?

Keep in mind we are untrained, and attempting to stop a crime in good faith. We good?

Now imagine four trained Law enforcement officers( men ) knowing what the law is and what a choke hold can do and being told to never use a choke hold for the reason that it’s a use of lethal force.

Who gets charged, who doesn’t, who gets the lesser charge, who is arrested first?

There is no good logical reason to hold the men with more training to a lower standards.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join