It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis Cop Derek Chauvin Arrested

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: shooterbrody
May not be premeditated but still murder.

I've got a sneaking suspicion it was pre-meditated.

The cop and his victim worked together at the same bar.

Link?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

All marked MPD units have that plate.

The vehicle unit number is what identifies the vehicle.

@ OP - good. Would have liked to see murder 2 instead of 3, but 2 would be a much tougher argument to make.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70
a reply to: Ahabstar

Ridiculous that a probable cause arrest took a week with a video. I want to see the charges and the other three arrested as well. Too bad not one law enforcement officer in that city could arrest them. But hey, got to protect your own and all. Every cop in that city should be fired.

Well if you'd be such an outstanding cop then why you get out there and become one.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
this is just going to create a situation where when anything happens to a black person while being arrested, even if guilty, people will riot every time to get "justice" they want. look forward to police starting to avoid black neighborhoods after this to avoid any liability and protect their careers.

there's a reason you never give in to coercion even if the other side is in the right, because they will feel empowered and keep acting out and possible even escalate things.

Let me be clear. Cops will screw with anyone regardless of race, religion national origin or sex. They are bad as a rule unless proven otherwise.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

The officers who stood by and did nothing should be charged as accessories to the murder.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

What would you change?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Link?

link

Major networks haven't touched on it yet...

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

a reply to: Ahabstar

Ridiculous that a probable cause arrest took a week with a video. I want to see the charges and the other three arrested as well. Too bad not one law enforcement officer in that city could arrest them. But hey, got to protect your own and all. Every cop in that city should be fired.

Well if you'd be such an outstanding cop then why you get out there and become one.

I like how you can’t argue a point so you just argue. Probable cause is the bench mark for an arrest. Any of the three there had probable cause.

If someone was choking you to death would you want a cop to wait 5 days to arrest the little girl that was killing you?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Sadly you are correct. They don't realize if they charge with 1st degree it will almost certainly see him walk because a jury is loath to sentence a cop to begin with.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Link?

link

Major networks haven't touched on it yet...

Thank you

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

All I know is I saw a man murder a handcuffed man on the street.
Horrible

No doubt. Snuffed him right out. That wasn't a cop doing his job. That was one criminal shutting up another criminal.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

What would you change?

Those were the legal team's words. I should have put in quotes, I was typing fast.

For me personally, some type of law that will 100% stop police brutality. Whatever that would be.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

Sadly you are correct. They don't realize if they charge with 1st degree it will almost certainly see him walk because a jury is loath to sentence a cop to begin with.

They can always up the charges...can't they?

I just heard the Asian cop has stuff on his record...the two other cops don't...

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

thats like saying all black people are untrustworthy just because some commit crimes, it's bs and is only brought by ignorance, paranoia and fear.
edit on 29-5-2020 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Depending on the autopsy results it's possible the cop who was kneeling on his back could be the one who contributed to his death more than Chauvin.

But they will all probably be charged with deprivation of rights under color of law by the feds and accessory to murder and excessive force by the state.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It is because the video is a snuff film and we cant unsee it.
Watching a man murdered in the street is unsettling.

It is unsettling, but not exactly new for me either.

The feeling began at least a week prior to the murder, though. And it's still not stopping.

TheRedneck

link   

originally posted by: game over man

What would you change?

Those were the legal team's words. I should have put in quotes, I was typing fast.

For me personally, some type of law that will 100% stop police brutality. Whatever that would be.

Police should be held to higher standards than regular citizens not lower. they should be treated like the military in that they should have PT every day. If they can’t meet very rigorous standards they are discharged and if they can’t make certain promotions in certain amount of time they are discharged. They should never ever be allowed to police their own. Complaints should be investigated by a separate agency.

Let’s start with that.

link   

Yes, they can change charges and add charges at any time depending on the evidence.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Just another reason to arrest them on the spot.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

They need to justify their fat pay checks most of these cops are getting. Chauvin had a $65k salary and that's before overtime or extra pay. He also moonlighted as an off duty cop. What training did he have? 16 weeks at Academy and the power to ruin lives with impunity. Until now...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join