It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mini homo erectus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i watched the national geo's bit on the mini humans tonight. AWESOME!!
any thoughts? can't wait til more info becomes available. all you bio and history geeks give me your feedback! oh,here's a ling to NG's site in case you didn't catch the "hobbit" program.
google.nationalgeographic.com... 8&q=hobbit

if the lnk doesn't work just go to www.nationalgeographic.com and type hobbit in the search field.

HOW COOL IS THIS??!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It is an amazing find. I am hoping that we learn a lot more about this in the near future. Makes you wonder how many other things are out there.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I know I'm starting to sound like a one-track guy, but is it possible these were the ancestor of the gnome? I mean, they're practically small enough. I believe that humans forced the gnomic race into the bowels of the earth through the process of natural selection.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
mini homo erectus......these arheologists certainly have a sense of humor when it comes to giving names to their finds

Excellent find though.....whats next, the land of Mordor?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
well they siad it could'nt of been a little kid cause the bones way to developed

have they only found one i hav'nt really been watching the whole thing

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   
if it is the one i know of i read quite alot on the subject, where hey found them, they also found rats that grew to the size of small horses, and i am not sure if it was elephants that were just really small, but when this appeared it did cause a stir, it was on rishard and judy i tihnk maybe the day or the day after. one person said when he was in the war around that area a group of small human like animals crept out of the bushes, but he told no one untill the news came out, there is still no proof that the actual animals are extinct. pretty interesting.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It would be nice to find a few of these mini humans living still; though I bet they're wary of the 'big folk', lol.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
psychosgirl: if you want more info, I think that there's a thread on it on ATS's archeological forum. What I do know is that they were found somewhere in the Phillipines, and that the skeletons weren't very old (I can't remember how old they said they are, but I know that this species supposedly was still around even after the Neandertals went extinct)

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Couldnt the bones have just been from a midget or a really short person

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I heard about those little guys. they used to (or still do) live on some little island in asia or africa, but the islanders have stories about small people like childeren who lived in caves and spoke in small gibbering noises to eatch other

top topics

join