It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we headed for a major internal US conflict?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

originally posted by: Grambler

Using the military to quell domestic terrorism should be allowed.

Amazing how, in four short years, ATS members have gone from:

"Obama has declared conservatives as domestic terrorists and will declare martial law!"

to

"It's OK if the US military kills US citizens on American soil at the direction of the POTUS."

Who exactly is saying it's ok if the military kill US citizens? Trying to restore order should not require killing anyone.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I hope most of you posting in this have the dignity to no longer refer to yourselves as anything approaching libertarian.

Or supporting the US Constitution.

Or the rule-of-law.

Or common decency.

Yes rtrue.

Unless we all bow down to those who seek to burn down our homes, we cant say we support the constitution.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Gryphon66

Libertarian doesn't mean you defend, in any way, mob rule or property violence, Gryph.

Neither does it mean you cheer for the unnecessary imposition of a police state, Burd.

Saying the national guard should keep order if terrorists overrun police is cheering for a police state?

Suuuure.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Grambler

Ones trained to police, the other is trained for war.

And none of my rights would be violated as I don't live there. But again, I see this as a dangerous precedent.

National guard trains for way more than just war.

They are most often used to help with national disasters.

I suppose we should tell them to not help with the next hurricane as well.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Using the military to quell domestic terrorism should be allowed.

Amazing how, in four short years, ATS members have gone from:

"Obama has declared conservatives as domestic terrorists and will declare martial law!"

to

"It's OK if the US military kills US citizens on American soil at the direction of the POTUS."

Amazing how leftists have gone from "We need to stop domestic terrorism" to "well as ling as they are left wing terrorists, the federal government should not be allowed to do anything to stop them"

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It seems that every event is being blown way out of proportion now.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

Who exactly is saying it's ok if the military kill US citizens? Trying to restore order should not require killing anyone.

Trying to restore order should not require killing anyone. When the POTUS says "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" that seems to distinctly indicate that he's unwilling arrest people and contain violence. That sounds like he's prepared to order soldiers to shoot at rioters.

Grambler is content with likening protesters as terrorists which seems like he's A-OK with them being shot and killed.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Trying to restore order should not require killing anyone. When the POTUS says "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" that seems to distinctly indicate that he's unwilling arrest people and contain violence. That sounds like he's prepared to order soldiers to shoot at rioters.

Grambler is content with likening protesters as terrorists which seems like he's A-OK with them being shot and killed.

I never said I want them killed.

Do you think all right wing domestic terrorists should be shot and killed?

They should all be arrested with minimal necessary force. If they attack law enforcement of the national gurad, then force should be used on them.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Careful what you wish for, lest in future, you are a "terrorist" in someones eyes.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Dont loot my shiz and I wont have to shoot anyone.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Of course, activating the Nat. Guard in a state requires the consent of the governor, but the National Guard is currently active in some states thanks to COVID-19 and the lockdowns anyhow. Is Minnesota one of them, and how much room to maneuver would that kind of activation give the government to change the mission of the National Guard?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Careful what you wish for, lest in future, you are a "terrorist" in someones eyes.

Careful what you warn about.

In the future, you may have your home destroyed and loved ones intimidated by people for political reasons, and many will suggest the important thing is we dont call them terrorist

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Are we headed for a major internal US conflict?

Yeah. It will benefit the media, tech giants, and all politicians.

So yeah.

They've already toasted our economy, so the only thing left is to kill us off. They've already started in the nursing homes.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

In the future, you may have your home destroyed and loved ones intimidated by people for political reasons, and many will suggest the important thing is we dont call them terrorist

Not going to happen where I live, our police are a little better behaved overall.and this isn't political.

Give me your estimate, how about a % of those involved, who are involved in politics..imma go with .005%
edit on 29-5-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Not going to happen where I live, our police are a little better behaved overall.and this isn't political.

Give me your estimate, how about a % of those involved, who are involved in politics..imma go with .005%

Yes it is olitical.

Some of these people are rioting over "racist cops". They want a political change in law enforcement.

Some are just opportunists.

And many of the people directing this are antifa types, or outside activists rioting for political reasons.

edit on 29-5-2020 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

No - that is just the way you want to interpret it.

It could just mean when looters start breaking into private businesses, the business owners are likely to start shooting at them to try and stop it. Which by the way happened last night.

Your problem is you want to interpret everything Trump says in the worst possible light you can. PS I am not saying I know how Trump meant the comment - just saying that you claiming you do is ridiculous - because you or twitter can't read his mind.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Since local enforcement failed, what’s the big deal about calling in the military to squash the issue? Seems ignorant to allow this to continue if we have options.

I lived in LA during the 92 riots, LAPD was getting their a$$es handed to them, the guard and marines were called in, order was restored, problem solved.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
So Trump just tweeted this out.

Are we about to have some major conflict? I read earlier National Guard was sent to Minneapolis.

Source

That seems like a very ominous threat.....

Defense of person and property, not a threat. Looters can be shot, legally.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

this isn't political.

It's absolutely political. It cannot exist outside of it being political, as the only way direct protests in the streets are permitted in the USA is if they are political protests. That's SCOTUS defined, and was done to avoid nonsense like the lynch mobs of yesteryear. You can protest a political issue large scale, you are not permitted to do the same against a non-political entity without being charged with disturbing the peace and/or unlawful assembly.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You can protest a political issue large scale, you are not permitted to do the same against a non-political entity without being charged with disturbing the peace and/or unlawful assembly.

What ? Did i read that correctly ?

So if a business decides to relocate overseas with a loss of lets say 5,000 jobs, those 5,000 employee's cannot hold a protest on the streets outside of their place of work to try and save their jobs ?

If that is what you are saying then that is ludicrous and wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join