It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we headed for a major internal US conflict?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel
a reply to: Grambler

Lol, left wing terrorists. Always have to make it seem so political. This is deeper than politics.

You really think those rioters all vote? Sure, they probably want whats beneficial to them but it's not like they follow CNN.

Obviously you have not been paying attention.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

My bad you are right. I remember the founding fathers stealing and burning their neighbors property to fight King George.

You betcha they did. Boston Tea Party comes to mind. America was built on insurrection. Apology accepted.

These things are so ancient that they're irrelevant to any modern situation.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

We did it during Katrina. Not a big deal or against the law when the law is unable to respond. I went from an Engineer in the Guard to patrolling streets in a matter of hrs when the local police bailed.

link   

My bad you are right. I remember the founding fathers stealing and burning their neighbors property to fight King George.

You betcha they did. Boston Tea Party comes to mind. America was built on insurrection. Apology accepted.

Stealing tvs from target and brunig down small businesses and low income housing = boston tea party.

LOL

Hey, hopefully your house doesnt get burned down making you a part of history like the Boston tea party

link   

originally posted by: DukeMisterio

originally posted by: FlyingSquirrel

Lol, left wing terrorists. Always have to make it seem so political. This is deeper than politics.

You really think those rioters all vote? Sure, they probably want whats beneficial to them but it's not like they follow CNN.

Obviously you have not been paying attention.

You're right. I work too much and care too little about something I have no control over.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Sigh. The USA looks set to become a failed state.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I think if we use the term terrorism for property damage and or injuries, it makes it too easy to define many protests as terrorism.

We have existing laws to deal with property damage, assault, and rioting. Lets use them, and the legal system to deal with all of this.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what I think. I know I'll be part of the minority that thinks far left and far right groups should have the same rights that we all enjoy. If they break the law, they are dealt with the same way anyone else is. I would go one step further and say that ANTIFA and neo nazis are important to test our moral fortitude of how important we think rights are for everyone, no matter how toxic or extreme they are.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Just like "The Hunger Games" are not a futuristic projection?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: harold223
Sigh. The USA looks set to become a failed state.

Never. This is merely a hiccup like many hiccups. A small one at that.

People have alot of feels over these issues so it feels like something major.

The 1992 Los Angeles riots were a series of riots and civil disturbances that occurred in Los Angeles County in April and May 1992. Unrest began in South Central Los Angeles on April 29, after a trial jury acquitted four officers of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) for usage of excessive force in the arrest and beating of Rodney King, which had been videotaped and widely viewed in TV broadcasts.

The rioting spread throughout the Los Angeles metropolitan area, as thousands of people rioted over a six-day period following the announcement of the verdict. Widespread looting, assault, arson, and murder occurred during the riots, which local police could not control due to lack of personnel and resources against the sheer number of rioters. The complete disorder in the Los Angeles area was only resolved after the California Army National Guard, the United States military, and several federal law enforcement agencies intervened.

By the time the riots ended, 63 people had been killed, 2,383 people had been injured, more than 12,000 had been arrested, and estimates of property damage were over $1 billion, much of which disproportionately affected Koreatown, Los Angeles. LAPD Chief of Police Daryl Gates, who had already announced his resignation by the time of the riots, was attributed with much of the blame.[4][5]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think if we use the term terrorism for property damage and or injuries, it makes it too easy to define many protests as terrorism.

We have existing laws to deal with property damage, assault, and rioting. Lets use them, and the legal system to deal with all of this.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter what I think. I know I'll be part of the minority that thinks far left and far right groups should have the same rights that we all enjoy. If they break the law, they are dealt with the same way anyone else is. I would go one step further and say that ANTIFA and neo nazis are important to test our moral fortitude of how important we think rights are for everyone, no matter how toxic or extreme they are.

What happens when the rioters are protesting a Trump election loss? Are those rioters going to be elevated by right wingers as patriots, just watering the tree?

edit on 29-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   

a reply to: FlyingSquirrel

Just like "The Hunger Games" are not a futuristic projection?

Honestly? I never watched it or even read about it, believe it or not.

Was it literally about people acting a certain way out of hunger?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Vasa Croe
So much better than past President's who would merely say, "Cut it out you guys!"

Yea, hinting at using the military domestically is super legal and super cool.

In our news, not from the US, the national guard was already on the ready. If not, sent in..

Who wants to see a 1992 style riot though?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: Vasa Croe

I think that would be a violation of Posse Comitatus, which "limit the powers of the federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce domestic policies within the United States".
en.wikipedia.org...

Using the military to quell domestic terrorism should be allowed.

That's what the National Guard is for.

Have we forgotten?

You beat me to it I remember fire bombing an apartment complex when the black panthers where holed up and shooting people. People died who maybe should not have died. You bring in the national guard and you are only a few steps from getting your head beat in or blown off.....as it should be. On the other hand I would not care if they turned over the cop to the mob... Ooooh auhhhh my bad. Depending on the country those cops who killed Floyd would have never made it back to the station alive if the neighborhood had been witness to what was happening... Oh never mind we are a land of laws so as long as the law is breaking the law it is OK ????????????????????? NOT !

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The straw the broke the camels back, more like.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

terrorism is defined in the Code of Federal Regulations as “the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives” (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85).

www.fbi.gov...

I hear about "right wong domestic terrorism" all the time.

Yet suddenly when a left wing group overthrows the police headquarters of a city and burns it down, we have to walk on egg shells and say its not terrorism.

Sorry I disagree.

I am all for local and states rights. If a local or state government can no longer protect people or their property from politically motivated terrorists (or rioters if you preffer) then the federal government must step in.

My "side" or group may very well be considered terrorists some day; thats because we have refused to call out the corrupt left wing terror supporters that claim the US is a racist country and encourage its destruction.

Those in power do control definitions.

But i will not destroy innocent peoples property and endanger their lives like this.

And i will not pretend to be somehow understanding of these terrorists and allow them to overthrow city law enforcement cause they are like the founding fathers at the tea party.

Again, hopefully the national guard can solve it.

If not, what would you suggest? Just allow them to rule Minneapolis and steal and burn as they see fit?

link   

What happens when the rioters are protesting a Trump election loss? Are those rioters going to be elevated by right wingers as patriots, just watering the tree?

Now that one will never happen. The riot over a Trump loss. I can't explain why but I just know it. Could you see it realistically happening? Not the Trump loss, that may very well happen. The keyboard warriors will be rioting for sure.

This forum will be a sight to see if it happens.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   

O can only speak for myself saying i would condemn them.

Funny these hypothetical though. Always deflecting from left wing riots takking about hypothetical right wing ones.

But hey, Im sure the democrat mayor would have not have ordered police to stand down from right wing terrorists, and you would have applauded that.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
A riot will always be left wing because it involves the all encompassing low people.

Racial minorities
Unemployed
Hungry people
Workers who dont make much money

Anyone who is having something done to them thats bad as the perceive it.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Abortion for profit, globalists taking over, and now domestic terrorism.. Is there nothing you wont stand for?

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Good. This is a LEO problem not a race problem. Trump should announce some initiative about that as well.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join