It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis On Fire / Are Police Intensionally Trying To Start a Race War?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Or when most of the Covid-19 murders in NYC are elderly Black people, at the direction of Andrew Cuomo.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

What's to discuss?

It looks like the cops will get what's coming to them, but the procedure takes time. There's a reason why it is the way it is, and it's to make sure that those cops who actually do have a justified reason for their use of force don't end up in a very, very bad situation.

But because the procedure takes time to play out and isn't immediate summary justice that looks like a lynching is no reason to go around looting and burning either.

Frustration and anger over one state of affairs doesn't then excuse illegality on the other.

Protest? Sure, but this isn't a protest.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGhoul

Why should they stop burning apartment buildings down? This will solve every issue from bad cops to bad protesters who want to kill whitey.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Shoot. Let 'em burn down the whole city and then they can rebuild it on their own from the ground up. Perhaps they really do know how to create Utopia. I'll sit over here with my popcorn and watch.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I guess if it's not a cop, it doesn't matter.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
How do you put full knee pressure on a mans neck when his hands are behind his back. Would anyone NOT fight for breath not to mention smashing his face into the ground. What really got me was how relaxed the cop was as he slightly sifted his weight to keep maximum pressure on him and only moved his hand to balance every once in a while. It was sickening to watch the total disregard the cop had on his face as he dug in his knee with zero care for the guy until he died.

It would almost be like if I was choking you and as you struggled I keep saying stop struggling which is impossible to do when you can't breath.. WTH
edit on 28-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I am pretty sure they'll get what's coming to them. That they've already been fired says a bit. Union rules would usually have a fairly steep bar for that (most unions, maybe the police one is different).

Even Noor was kept on administrative leave during the entirety of the investigation into Justine Damond's shooting, and he was convicted of 3rd degree murder.

edit on 28-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You and I weren't there. Just like we weren't there when cops deployed dogs, tear gas, bean bags and water hoses on peaceful protesters at Standing Rock.

It definitely "feels like" the cops in this situation (and at Standing Rock) were cocked and loaded and waiting for a provocateur.

I wonder why they were so restrained when "peaceful protesters" with guns were shouting and gleeking in their faces a few weeks ago in Michigan. Would they have deployed tear gas and dogs if a provocateur (on either side) went the extra mile? For some reason, I seriously doubt it.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: kookkook

You took me back to high school and reading Native Son.

I sure missed a lot when I read it back then.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

But they won't rebuild it "on their own"!

They'll appeal for federal funding, declare it a disaster...anything but take responsibility for their own actions. ANY-THING, but that!

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Minnesota hasn't been a red state since 1972. The drama letting loose is just pathetic.

Why Can't I Just Be Black in the State of Minnesota?

If you can't be black in the longest standing blue state in America then that's a tell tale sign that democrats aren't doing it right. We don't have this problem in red states.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I think if shooting had broken out, the brown substance would have hit the blades.

People online call rioters protesters and want to know why the cops shoot tear gas into them when they didn't treat the MI protesters with their guns the same. Well, it's because rioters aren't protesters.

I think we're all aware that it only takes one bad actor to create a sh1tstorm ... one on either side. That's why we all get so nervous about it. We want to trust the cops, but clearly there are bad ones in the mix, and bad politicians too who give the orders. We want to trust that people who are protesting are going to peaceably assemble, but anger creates mobs and mobs do things they shouldn't.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The video shows an appalling absence of professionalism and utter contempt for George Floyd by Chauvin who had a long service that had bred contempt in him. Furthermore, the other officers standing around while Chauvin dealt out his contempt on Floyd, Tou Thao, Thomas Lane and J Alexander Kueng, are just as culpable and complicit in Floyd's death as Chauvin is. The full force of justice should be levelled at all four officers, with the ultimate result that all four end up doing prison sentences, and for the city itself to pay hefty compensation to Floyd's family. Clearly, there is a culture of contempt within the Minneapolis police force and that needs rooting out entirely.

However, I have to disagree that the police in Minneapolis are deliberately starting a race war. Yes, people of that community have a right to be outraged and angry, but that does not entitle them to loot local businesses or harm local people. The rioting and the looting will move attention away from George Floyd and the police force, and give ammunition to racists to argue their ideology.

Allow justice to prevail through a thorough investigation that should bring about recommendations for re-training the police as to how to handle people they have already subdued.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Is anyone surprised this has happened?
Real justice by the authorities or vigilante justice on the street by angry people

This issue has been brewing for decades and unless it ends it will just get worse and worse.
Dangerous people on both sides

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I don't believe there were any rioters at Standing Rock.

I wouldn't have put up with an idiot screaming/spitting in my face (which is why I'm not a cop).

Mobs do things they shouldn't. Or should. I have watched Freddie Mercury steer a stadium of 120k people. I have steered far smaller (tiny, minuscule) crowds in a similar fashion.

None of us trust cable news so no one knows how this or any other protest turns into a riot. What we do know for certain is that white protesters never riot and that brown and black people always do. At least that's what the police say and what cable news backs up with their "footage."

You'll forgive my doubts (I hope). I'd give a testicle to know for sure how both the "riots" I referenced "started" with 100-percent Gods-eye-view certainty though. No question about it.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Breaking: Someone sprayed Graffiti on the Police Officer's House!

Just Horrible! - www.dailymail.co.uk...

Well, although I think the judicial system should handle this, this officer almost certainly should get convicted of manslaughter. This "officer" who kept he knee on this guys neck for over 7 minutes was either poorly trained or had more malicious intent. I am a supporter of good LEOs, but this is a clear cut case of negligence and abuse.

link   

originally posted by: game over man
a reply to: Waterglass

Kudos for you making a thread, this police brutality brings literal tears to my eyes...but lots of ATS posters are far right and support the police. You won't get far here sadly.

There's a whole lot of right leaning posters on this thread, including myself, who have nothing but contempt for what LEO's did in this case!

I think you're confusing blind politics like the left do, with objective observation like the right does! You're also making the mistake of assuming all non-whites are left, which is not accurate. Conservatives want freedom and justice for all. Liberals want vigilante justice, riots, violence and hate.

There's a difference.

Nice try at generalization though!

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

I consider myself a right winger and I support the police. But when they pull sheet like this which triggers full scale riots like back in the 1960's one has to wonder. But from what I see from them lately I am beginning to fear them. That's why I put the potential terrorist spin on it. Was the guy aligned with a sleeper cell? For he to have done what he did to that guy your not a cop as it seemed in my view he tried to kill the guy.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Actually, if a connection between the graffiti incident (if true) and the murder can be proven then it was premeditated which would be more than Manslaughter.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join