It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back to Work Bonus instead of Unemployment benefit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Apparently there is miscommunication going on here. Please, allow me to explain my previous post with a little more clarity:

You are obviously pushing a political agenda based on an absence of facts and I do not intend to do the Dem/Rep dance with you outside the Political Mud Pit forum. Your purely political opinion, based solely on the words of one doctor of your choosing over the words of others you do not politically agree with, is duly noted and ignored here. This forum is reserved for intelligent and thought-provoking conversation.

Have a nice day.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I'm not stuck in the whole left verses right paradigm, its not my fault you chose to take advice from the medias talking heads instead of the experts.

You want an intelligent conversation I'd suggest start by showing some intelligence, there are many more experts that have spoken out, you would know this had you chosen to educate yourself.

edit on 28-5-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

I think we may both be misunderstanding each other.

but the biggest difference I think is that you think we are wealthy enough to cover everything even waste.

No, we do not have unlimited resources... I mentioned that in my post. The waste and fraud are already proving to deny those with legitimate need the services they are truly in need of.

The problem I am referring to, which is caused directly by those who would commit fraud on the system, is that no matter what evidence one has, one cannot simply go on disability. The process is long and drawn out. I was fortunate; my claim was processed quite rapidly compared to many others... but still took some serious time to adjudicate.

I actually have been having difficulty for maybe ten years before the surgery. I had high blood pressure as well, and that was apparently helping the blood flow. After the surgery, when I was not getting any stamina back despite following doctor's orders, I decided I had to try and get disability. Obviously, I am completely unable to hold a job.

I was initially turned down for my claim. According to the Social Security rep I spoke with, that is almost guaranteed to happen. That took about two months. I then contacted an attorney to file an appeal (as the social Security rep suggested!). The process to get a hearing then began. That took a year and a half. I was then approved for "light-duty" work (I am really confused as to what job is so light duty that laying down every couple of hours for a few hours at a time is acceptable, but it is what it is I guess). My work history was examined and none of my skills would translate to "light duty" work. I was then declared disabled.

It then took another month for me to start getting income.

All told, between the surgery, the recovery period, the initial claim, the hearing, and the final approval, I was completely out of work for over two and a half years. The only way I kept my home and was not living in a shelter was that my mother passed and I received inheritance... and even that was barely enough to squeak by on. During that time I had no medicine, the most basic foods that we could find, and little heat in the winter. Had there been any other way I could have supported myself I would have gladly taken it in an instant.

As I said, I am told my claim was processed quite rapidly compared to that of others. I have talked to people who are on disability now who did lose their homes and everything they had before the approval came through. I am thankful every day that people like you are compassionate enough to help people like me, and I do not consider myself as anything greater than a legitimate charity case, despite the fact that I did pay for this all my life.

Not many people are as fortunate as I was. Some have waited five years or more. Some just give up and let the process drop. Some lose everything they own and wind up needing even more assistance in the end due to that.

If we did not have to deal with the fraud, the process could be speeded up immensely, allowing us to provide more help to the right people. Those who abuse it are taking resources away from those who need it. Our resources are not infinite, and are already stretched far too thin.

A balanced budget would be a wonderful move. No question. I would accept a cut in benefits to get that, but it'll never happen. We spend too much money on administration, extravagance, and favors. There's your waste, waste that benefits only the select few with connections and leaves the needy out of luck.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Have.

A.

Nice.

Day.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Right back at ya.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The people that were never laid off are getting boned again with this deal.
I know a guy that was kept on three days a week while his coworkers were off.
They got $600 extra and he got a short check.
Now they will come back and get an extra $450 a week ...

How about he gets the bonus for working ehile they go back to a somewhat normal paycheck..?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

They don't want people going back to work as usual, this is why there is free money imo. They want all the small companies to fail.

When enough people have become lazy enough they will stop the free money so people will be forced to work for "The Man" for peanuts or face starvation.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
This sounds reasonable.

Totally unsurprising that you would support ridiculously insane garbage like this.

I was in favor of the fed covering the employees wages. I was infuriated, but unsurprised, when the demwits snuck in the 'extra', and knew it would cause all kinds of problems. And here we are...

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Why would people need an incentive to return to work? There already is one.

If you are called back and don't show up, you lose all your benefits?

The money should be used to help some small businesses cover their losses so the business will stay afloat.

That said, I support a Universal income - you could do away with unemployment, social security disability, food stamps and public housing. Just the savings in the administrative costs would be significant.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
There's quite a bit of evidence available to us that this pandemic was a always coming,

Really? You mean like the Spanish Flu, and the others spaced out over the last hundred years?

Or do you mean this, specific, 'pandemic' at this, specific, time? If so... by all means, present your evidence.

had the administration been proactive instead of reactive this mess might be a little less messy.

Hindsight and all...

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Sorry about that. I can't type that good on my phone. I said that your comment about the 'commander in chief" was the wrong answer. I'll explain why.
One it is the States duty to prepare for and handle disasters. That's why a State has to have the Governor declare a "state of emergency" and request help from the Federal Government. A State is supposed to be able to handle things for up to a week on its own to allow the Federal Government time to respond. States haven't been doing that. Look at New York's shortage of respirators and other emergency equipment.
Two. This is the first "emergency" to affect the entire Country at one time. Usually there areas outside the affected area that are able to provide people, equipment and resources.
Three. Federal and State agencies who's job it is to respond to this type of emergency not being prepared. The CDC straying from it's assigned mission, wasting funding and resources to make themselves "relevant". New York's Department of Health being run and funded by a consortium of medical companies, including companies that own hospitals. Those of you saying that hospitals get so much money per Corona Patient and more if that patient is on a respirator are correct to a point. The numbers quoted are what Medicaid pays. The hospitals in New York wanted the nursing home patients out of the hospitals, to make room for patients with insurance that they can charge higher rates for. The same consortium that owns the hospitals also owns nursing homes. That way they can still get the Medicaid money, but, their expenses per patient are lower. That same consortium donated $1 million towards Cuomo's re-election campaign. Cuomo also signed legislation that prevents the owner's of those hospitals and nursing homes from being sued over this.

Want me to keep going? Dump your TDS for a bit and take a look at what's really going on. I know the MSM has thrown up one hell of a smokescreen, but, look around, you can get some glimpses of what is really going on. I'm not touting Trump, there some things that he has screwed up on, but, not as many as some people want you to think.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

They don't want people going back to work as usual, this is why there is free money imo. They want all the small companies to fail.

When enough people have become lazy enough they will stop the free money so people will be forced to work for "The Man" for peanuts or face starvation.

Yep.

Fuhrer Wolf the governor of PA is going to push to raise the minimum wage. This will be a death sentence for any of the small businesses who survived this BS shutdown.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
Fuhrer Wolf the governor of PA is going to push to raise the minimum wage. This will be a death sentence for any of the small businesses who survived this BS shutdown.

Well, Wolf always has been owned by the Unions.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
One thing I don't understand is if unemployment benefits are enough during "normal" times, what makes this situation different? What made life more expensive now that the $600 bonus was required? People have been sitting at home making more than many who have been working straight through this. That was enough of a problem. Now they should get $450 for returning to work? This is BS. What kind of "assistance" is that? It's not. The people who have continued working were royally screwed on this thing and anyone sitting around watching netflix who think they deserve this $450 is a POS.
edit on 28-5-2020 by notquiteright because: Sp

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This will become UBI if implemented. Entitlement programs are never abolished, only increased.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

This idea is so stupid that as I was reading it, blood shot straight out my left eye and hit the computer screen.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Additionally, the essential worker "hero" bill that would give hazard pay to workers was shot down on the basis that at this point, it would be retroactive and more like a bonus, therefore not relief. Yet $450 for people going back to work is somehow relief? It's not a bonus? What a bunch of crap.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: notquiteright
Dems got to buy those votes somehow.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This idea is so stupid that as I was reading it, blood shot straight out my left eye and hit the computer screen.

People forget the best motivator of all,
No work No eat

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

What about those of us who not only are working, but have been this whole time. Do we get screwed yet again simply because some lazy asses need an incentive to get off the couch? I'm about ready to riot.
edit on 5/28/2020 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join