It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Junction Ranch RCS facility

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So returning from KLAS and in the distance I spotted an odd looking airfield. Horrible shooting conditions but I got off a shot and noted the GPS. Looks like it is the Junction Ranch RCS range. The last two picks are from Google Earth

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I wonder what’s underground there?
No reason to have a long runway in the middle of nothing, so there has to be something inside that mountain or under that place. Odd patch of land beside it.
Looks like some sort of ILS on top of that building too for running clandestine under the cover of darkness maybe.

I would be willing to bet you would have someone greet you if you were brave enough to poke your head around there.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What type of plane are you flying ?
Flying over places like that.. make me worry that the size of your cannonballs would pull the plane down.
Very Alpha !

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
So returning from KLAS and in the distance I spotted an odd looking airfield. Horrible shooting conditions but I got off a shot and noted the GPS. Looks like it is the Junction Ranch RCS range. The last two picks are from Google Earth

I’ve noticed that RCS range before. Just north of Carricut Lake. I think it belongs to China Lake.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

It's not a runway, it's an RCS range. They have radar emitters on one end of the paved strip, and a radar target, usually an aircraft, on the other. They put the targets at different ranges from the emitter, to test different frequencies of radar. There's a second range that has water, that's the lookdown range.
edit on 5/26/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
What type of plane are you flying ?
Flying over places like that.. make me worry that the size of your cannonballs would pull the plane down.
Very Alpha !

LOL no nothing of the sort. Its a legit flight corridor and we were flying from KLAS to KNUQ at about FL250. Super King Air 200
edit on 5/26/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
According to reliable sources this is the Outdoor Large Antenna Test Range.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
According to reliable sources this is the Outdoor Large Antenna Test Range.

Thanks for scoping that out!!!! I was looking at Junction Ranch shots and its mostly dirt and I was going with some sort of upgrade but this makes more sense

posted on Jan, 6 2021 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It's none of those. It's the Joint Counter-IED Facility (JCIF). Im surprised this is still coming up, DLR had it wrong as well. It was solved as soon as it was spotted by av photogs shooting around Crowley.
edit on 1/6/2021 by DesertWatchdog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join