It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blow it out your lungs you neurotic jerk!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Happy memorial day... it's raining here... i just got triggered by my neighbor... here we go...

Does using a leaf blower in the rain to blow off your driveway have some secret benefit that I'm not aware of? Is it just the therapeutic nature of starting up a blower EVERY DAY and listening to that baby "purr"?

I've watched a neighbor be totally manic about his blower for years now, multiple times a day, in the rain, on the roof, on the roof in the rain... you name it...

....but recently when factoring in all the new construction in our area (roads, water lines, sewers) he's been especially jerk-ish, blowing GIANT clouds of dust and dirt on present construction crews and directly into neighbors open garages. This dust gets EVERYWHERE inside and out.

Oh and never mind that we are knee deep in a respiratory pandemic right now and maybe shuffling around hydrocarbons from gasoline, animal droppings, spores, fungi, pollens, pesticides and herbicides, fertilizers, brake-lining dust, tire residue and heavy metals, might not be worth a perfectly dusted off driveway and street (that the rain took care of anyway btw)

At what point does maintaining a lovely property cross over into straight up neurosis.

I'm not anti blower, they are a valuable tool that can lighten the workload of maintaining a property. I use one, but sparingly because I am highly aware of it's annoying nature. But this guy next door is just being a nuisance and looks like one bored nut.

Thank you, that is all... back to the bbq.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Short answer, most people are freaks.

Very few are normal.

This guy is one of many reasons I invested in a good pair of noise-canceling headphones.

I'm a recluse though. This isn't really a solution for a family man, or woman.

Doh! Should have read the whole post first. Sorry.

Yeah, the dust. You could try what this guy did with your neighbors leaf blower.

driving.ca...
edit on 5/25/2020 by Creep Thumper because: ETA.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Or, do we all get odder as we go on our walk......

Not me, I mean randoms....no....all....ok me....a reply to: Creep Thumper

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
I'm not anti blower

This made me laugh more than it should have.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Too cheap to purchase a reversible ?
With the large shoulder bag ?
Those are neighbor savers right there.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Get a bigger blower than he has. 😷

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Nah, instead of mulching the leaves and earth back into itself for the natural and highly beneficial process of decomposition, he'd rather blow all that into the street to be washed down the creek into the lakes clogging up the waterways and THEN spread some nasty smelling # called "Texas Tea" all over his St Augustine... I reckon mulching wouldn't look QUITE as primped and preened but I'd argue that it has negligible effect to just mulching everything onto itself. THAT enriches soil.

This dude supposedly grew up around farming btw.

Unfortunately he's a byproduct of old school ideas about landscaping that require far too much maintenance and are largely unnatural in concept and execution. Dunno about ya'lls neck of the woods, but round these parts lawn crews are EVERYWHERE!

This IS the rant section right?!

edit on 25-5-2020 by MarkOfTheV because: tipo

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
We moved way, WAY, out in the country for a reason!

Peace and quiet when we want it is one of the big ones.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
We moved way, WAY, out in the country for a reason!

Peace and quiet when we want it is one of the big ones.

Can't beat country living. I miss it, but I'm too old to take care of a home now.

What a drag.

Used to be me, a couple cats, a horse, the neighbor's cows, and a million birds.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV
Happy memorial day... it's raining here... i just got triggered by my neighbor... here we go...

Does using a leaf blower in the rain to blow off your driveway have some secret benefit that I'm not aware of? Is it just the therapeutic nature of starting up a blower EVERY DAY and listening to that baby "purr"?

I've watched a neighbor be totally manic about his blower for years now, multiple times a day, in the rain, on the roof, on the roof in the rain... you name it...

....but recently when factoring in all the new construction in our area (roads, water lines, sewers) he's been especially jerk-ish, blowing GIANT clouds of dust and dirt on present construction crews and directly into neighbors open garages. This dust gets EVERYWHERE inside and out.

Oh and never mind that we are knee deep in a respiratory pandemic right now and maybe shuffling around hydrocarbons from gasoline, animal droppings, spores, fungi, pollens, pesticides and herbicides, fertilizers, brake-lining dust, tire residue and heavy metals, might not be worth a perfectly dusted off driveway and street (that the rain took care of anyway btw)

At what point does maintaining a lovely property cross over into straight up neurosis.

I'm not anti blower, they are a valuable tool that can lighten the workload of maintaining a property. I use one, but sparingly because I am highly aware of it's annoying nature. But this guy next door is just being a nuisance and looks like one bored nut.

Thank you, that is all... back to the bbq.

Yes, I've the same experience from a cleaning up team that comes to the primary opposite me, they blow all the dirt, dust and all the rest away from the school and toward my place.

They never do it in the rain though...it's just not as effective.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Bet yourself one of those leaf blowers on wheels with a 5hp briggs and one of those honking furnace blower squirrel cage, wait til he's done and return all the debris he "lost" during the day.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

if you wish to " up the ante " - may i reccoment :

the soviet era " TMS-65U decontamination vehicle"

yes - that really is a directable " turret " - with an obsolete jet engine

it was built for decontaminating tanks and other vehicles - in the event of a contaminated battlefeild

it would certainly win any " blower war " with a manic neighbour

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I remember in a younger life I bought the next-door neighbors John Deer riding lawn mower when he was moving. Well it was a dry summer that year and even though the front yard had sprinklers the much larger back yard did not. So after finishing the immaculate front lawn, I moved to the lower back yard it was a rather long first pass as I zipped through it on my new JD full bore. As I turned around noticed a brown dust cloud billowing behind me now towering above our 3-floor house. Our white house our neighbor's house 2 across the steer was already covered. I felt so bad I didn't know what to do, I hosed down the rest of the yard and cut it wet and then went out and blew everything off and offered to pay for everybody's cars that were hit to be washed. Hell my open garage was covered I know my next-door neighbors were too

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Blowing leaves in the rain is utter bull# even with a commercial blower. I spent a couple years landscaping way back now i suppose. My boss worked rain or shine. Unfortunately it rains a lot here and we worked a bunch of maintenance contracts for apartments and condos and stuff. Autumn was some horrible #. The amount of wet soggy leaves i've had to attempt to try and blow and rake up is #ing obscene. The tarps are heavy as #, the leaves clump in these huge heavy mats. Anyone choosing to do this is some kind of #ing masochist. Especially if they're doing this with a consumer blower. Those things are practically #ing useless.

edit on 25/5/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   

don't know about the construction crews over there but many of the crews over here are maoris and they would have shoved it up his arse

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Does using a leaf blower in the rain to blow off your driveway have some secret benefit that I'm not aware of?

Well why the He11 don't you go ask him. Maybe you can learn something you didn't already know.

posted on Jun, 9 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
No rain this time, but plenty of dust.

join