It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowpiercer Film Theory

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The fact is Gates is showing his willingness to put crap in the air that people then have to breath in, oh he will have filtered air of course but not the rest of the planet.

Also it's a cheapskate approach, using the same idea it would be better to put sun shade satellites into orbit with large heat reflective solar sail's, you could deflect lot's of heat that way AND also use them to warm up other areas if it was needed at some point by turning deflection into redirection of the solar ray's as solar fluctuation, natural climate fluctuation and our own natural periodic but unpredictable volcanism can also lead to precipitous cooling event's.

To be frank I actually think his idea is as crazed and megalomaniac as putting toxic compound's and birth control chemical's into vaccine's.

(also as he is far from the genius he has always been touted to be since he bought DOS off another guy for just a couple of hundred dollars then due to his undeniable business skill - licensed it - to IBM and that is how he got his Microsoft off the ground then almost cloned Apples OS for his early versions of windows - though there was really very little if anything at all that apple could do about that as they themselves had copied an earlier track ball based icon OS interface from mainframes - but I digress and I really think that as a business man and NOT the technical scientific genius most uninformed folk's think that he is that he has absolutely no place putting his nose into climate policy, human population control or even vaccination let along pumping more money than most nation's into the WHO in order to push his own agenda on population control and vaccination program sterilization trojan horse projects - in fact an ordinary MD or a genuine computer game designer such as Jeff Minter are probably far more technically intelligent but he is gifted with business and salesman skill's - hmm reminds me of a certain false prophet on that last point - I do not hate the guy but having done some digging around on the net I am starting to very much dislike him)

Climate change is a fact of life on earth, it has always occurred and will always occur whether there are human interactions with the climate or not, sometimes these have been precipitous and led to mass extinction event's and other time's the change in climate has been sedate but nevertheless they one constant of the whether cycles and climate of our planet is that it is not a fixed environment but an ever changing one.

Nature will find it's own balance if we allow it and try to help a little but this idea of seeding the clouds' is lunatic and more dangerous than many of you may realize, what other compound's would they add to it, mood control compound's, mental suppression compound's to make you all docile and easily managed.

edit on 25-5-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
i watched that flick, and what a depressing ending.
the hero is a pos.

how can your hero be a bad guy?

It's been a while since I watched the movie but from what I remember it's a little bit subjective. He was faced with a decision between becoming what he hated most or attempting to "set free" the occupants of the train by bringing it to a stop. I don't think it was meant to be a black and white choice between good and evil though, just like the main character wasn't clearly a good guy or a bad guy, he had done terrible things in his past but was trying to make up for it. If the train had continued running it would have required a continual supply of child labor since there were no small adults who could fit inside the maintenance areas of the train (which is the main thing suggesting it was maintained by Oompa Loompas who have gone extinct, Willy Wonka mentions at one point they can only survive in warm environments).

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'm still stuck on the logistical difficulties of building a world spanning train that's supposed to keep moving for thousands of years.

Why on earth didn't they dig down and go for geothermal? Was that ever explained?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Lol I think you just have to accept the idea that Willy/Wilford is a genius who is capable of building an everlasting train. Obviously underground bunkers would be a more reasonable solution.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

It recalls the idea from Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars series. In one of the later books, they had managed to establish a moving colony on Mercury that was built on giant tracks. It was constantly in motion around the planet keeping itself in a sort of "goldilocks" zone. The tracks were a sort of perpetual motion machine. As the planet rotated, one side was always super-cold and the other super-hot, and the tracks expanded and contracted accordingly. The colony was made to slide along the expansion/contraction zone of the tracks so it was always right in the perfect spot.

But that wouldn't work on a snowball earth.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

If you are into science fiction book's this is a very old one but trust me though you will have to put your modern understanding of science on hold as well as your modern sensibility's it is quite an interesting read.
www.gutenberg.org...
A science fiction book set in a distant future earth were the sun has gone out - old science used to think that the stars just went out once they had used up there fuel and it was built around that premise but either way an intriguing read that could be updated and turned into a modern film very easily with some alteration's to bring it in line with more believable science fiction.

Now do bare in mind I read it many years ago and was much younger so maybe I remember it in a kinder light than I would had I read it now but still worth mentioning.

posted on Jun, 4 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The premise for both the movie and series is effing stupid.

Class warfare on a train.

AKA communism.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join