It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong Protests Roar Back After China Tightens Grip on City

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   
For some reason I thought the title read "Hong Kong Prostitutes Roar Back After China Tightens Grip on City

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Maybe America needs to take notes.

I don't know. As pessimistic as it sounds, I think most US citizens would rather complain online, protest for a day, maybe bring their guns and do some modern day saber rattling, and then go home and collect their unemployment/stimulus checks.

Now, if those checks weren't coming in...

Then, maybe... maybe...

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:07 AM
link   
OMGOMGOMG I cant believe the NERVE of all those people putting others lives and health at risk by going out and protesting so soon after Covid! HOW DARE THEY!

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
OMGOMGOMG I cant believe the NERVE of all those people putting others lives and health at risk by going out and protesting so soon after Covid! HOW DARE THEY!

Lol, I know, right? Hong Kongers standing up to preserve their freedoms, super-cold or no super-cold, is brave, inspiring, admirable and laudable and all that happy warm & fuzzy feel-good crap.

But when Americans start smelling a rank pile and want to prevent it from going any further than the existing restrictions, and want to take back control of our lives, it's awful, offensive, unpatriotic, unAmerican, selfish, self-centered, arrogant, etc.

Damn the double standards. I don't care about how "brave" anything HK does is or isn't, I don't live there, I live in the US. Where the protest double standard is asinine and the people pushing it are screwed up enough to think us doing the same is gonna kill grandma because we must hate grandma and kittens. But Hong Kongers won't, because BRAAAAAAVE! Give me a break.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Man if HK could some how send a text with pictures to every Chinese citizen they might start a true revolution there.

The Us does not need one but China does.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1
I don’t think I can express in words how much I agree with you.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Somethingsamiss

I mean. I don't think it's a good thing.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1
Definitely not a good thing. People like to make noise about their constitutional rights. But they forget that the constitution also gave the people the responsibility to uphold the constitution. It’s not the government’s job. If the government is failing then the people must right it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join