It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Video I Cant Explain

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reddit.app.link...

This is a reddit video filmed in 2016

Two guys out with their drone getting some scenic shots for future use

Well, this object comes down out of a forested valley, does a cool sharp turn, which appears to be sideways then shoots almost directly towards the drone as it passes by

Video is perfect, what you guys think

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
reddit.app.link...

This video has already been discussed on ATS in a 19-page thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

However, this "raw" version may hold new information. I'm too busy at the moment to check, but thanks for posting an updated video (if that IS what it is!).

edit on 23-5-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tayton
This one was on the tube last week or so. I can't remember the show. I do remember they ran a frame by frame analysis to see if there was any gif and found no Tomfoolery.

edit on 23-5-2020 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I remember this when it was posted last year. Excellent video. No one could debunk, if I remember correctly.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Well confusedbtit, yes was posted before, guess I should of checked harder, must of missed that post, not sure why how many pages it was has to do with anything but mods can delete if they wish, thanks

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Well confusedbtit, yes was posted before, guess I should of checked harder, must of missed that post, not sure why how many pages it was has to do with anything but mods can delete if they wish, thanks

Yes, I can be a confused tit at the best of times. :p

The number of pages means it was a very popular thread in the grand scheme of things. HOWEVER, you missed the bit where I assumed this was a new, updated "raw" version of the same footage.

At least I *think* it is, so all is certainly not lost, mate. I'll look into it later, must dash.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

reddit.app.link...

Well, this object comes down out of a forested valley, does a cool sharp turn, which appears to be sideways then shoots almost directly towards the drone as it passes by

It's probably a bug and close to the drone.

That would explain why no-one saw or heard it from the ground.

edit on 23/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I remember that being on some TV show in the past few years. Great video, and it kind of looks like there's a dome on top

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

reddit.app.link...

Nope, it’s speed was calculated at around 7300 miles an hour. So no bug.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

reddit.app.link...

Nope, it’s speed was calculated at around 7300 miles an hour. So no bug.

Those calculations were done on the assumption that it was a distant object.

If it were a bug travelling towards a drone moving towards it. Its speed would be unremarkable and nowhere near the 'calculated' speed.

Also, from the clarity of the tree images, the camera in the drone was at near infinity focus. Yet from the blurriness and pixellation of the image of the object, it must have fallen inside the focal distance of the camera.

Hence it was most likely a bug, maybe moving at 20 MPH, towards a camera that was probably moving towards it at 60 MPH, a total relative speed of approximately 100 MPH. Like with a bug going past the windscreen of a moving car. It would zip past the view in a very similar time-frame.

edit on 23/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Did you read thru the first thread that Confusedbrit posted?

It wasn’t a bug.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I've seen several of these videos where drones capture UFOs. There is this one. There is the one that caught this funky object:

And I've seen a couple more online and even one just in a random YouTube video where they were using stock footage of a scenery flyover.

It's in my nature to assume that because this kind of thing happens somewhat frequently it's nothing to get too excited about. Fast bugs, birds, etc., just not captured very good in camera. Can't prove what it is; can't prove what it isn't.

In fact, you know what it could be? Another drone.
edit on 23-5-2020 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: chr0naut

Did you read thru the first thread that Confusedbrit posted?

It wasn’t a bug.

I don't think that the thread ConfusedBrit posted actually resolved anything.

I do think, after reading through, that it could also be cleverly done CGI.

But I still think it could also be just a bug.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I think the bug was ruled out and I think this was pretty convincing it was fake, cleverly done CGI but takes an expert to spot it like this:

originally posted by: More1ThanAny1
a reply to: peacefulpete

You are focusing too much on that little GIF image. Go see in the full video, the entire scene is moving down, including the sky which is the furthest object in the scene. This means the camera moved up slightly, and everything should have moved down, but the UFO didn't. It is 100% proof the video is fake.
If someone can explain how that can happen if it's not fake, I'd love to hear the explanation, but it's pretty damning. There's also the fact of objects allegedly breaking the sound barrier without making a sonic boom which I don't find as easy to dismiss as some people, though I guess you can say "aliens can do that!". But aliens can't explain the fake artifact More1ThanAny1 found.

I remember some rather convincing posts it wasn't a bug, but I didn't bother to dig those up since why are they needed with proof it's fake.

edit on 2020523 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I can see the cam is moving upwards in the raw footage but surely the object, what ever it is, was moving way too fast to check if it was also moving upwards within the image. Even on the highest res and slowest speed, it was there and gone in maybe a second on screen. It probably needs analytical procedure with much better equipment than I have but it will never be done because either nobody with the capability cares or the cry of 'Bug', 'Bird' or 'Fake' is too loud.

To me, it appears to come out from the distant tree line, turn at a sharp angle and whizz past the drone in a very straight and constant speed of direction. I am no expert on drone-lens focal distances etc. I don't believe it is a bird, it could be a bug or it could be a craft of some kind. I don't think it is an alien ship.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

I think the bug was ruled out and I think this was pretty convincing it was fake, cleverly done CGI...

I still think it could be a bug.

It may seem like it's coming from the distant hills, but I think the whole visible path of the object is actually a path that is always close to the camera. The potential bug only becomes visible to the camera [i.e., can be resolved by the camera] when it is close to the camera.

edit on 5/24/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
time to forget UFOS as the teck we have now if it was hard to prove before its impossible to prove now . o an ps Focal point is defiantly the cause of the blur which means it very close to the camera which means its a bug .
But even if that is wrong 7000 mph lol Sound NO sonic BOOM lol cant fake missing that lord . even if small the trees would have shook with that big a boom .
ket me guess aliens can stop a air pressure wave from building up soundlessly

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This was discussed on an episode of "Strange Evidence" they not only explained it with science, but also replicated the video well enough for their explanation to be good enough if I was investigating it. The object is a model airplane if I remember correctly, and the fast speed had something to do with the area and way it was being flown. The strangeness came from the camera on the drone and how the frame rate distorts images.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

reddit.app.link...

However, this "raw" version may hold new information. I'm too busy at the moment to check, but thanks for posting an updated video (if that IS what it is!).
It doesn't look new or raw to me, it's the same video. The old thread had a link posted to the raw version which was a huge file you are probably never going to get off youtube, they always seem to compress whatever you upload. I downloaded the raw file last year, I forget the link but it definitely wasn't from youtube.

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

I think the bug was ruled out and I think this was pretty convincing it was fake, cleverly done CGI...

It may seem like it's coming from the distant hills, but I think the whole visible path of the object is actually a path that is always close to the camera. The potential bug only becomes visible to the camera [i.e., can be resolved by the camera] when it is close to the camera.
I'm all for explaining it as a bug if that's what it is, but how would you explain a bug disappearing behind the distant ridgeline as highlighted in this video, posted on page 13 of the old thread? The whole path is not visible, it's blocked by the ridgeline at times.

That video also highlights a bug in the video, and you can tell it's a bug, partly by the erratic flight pattern. Some people have said they think the lack of any bug-like deviations in the flight path of the UFO show it's not a bug, but disappearing behind the distant ridgeline means it would have to be traveling faster than any bug could travel to take up so many pixels in later frames.

edit on 2020524 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

reddit.app.link...

It doesn't look new or raw to me, it's the same video. The old thread had a link posted to the raw version which was a huge file you are probably never going to get off youtube, they always seem to compress whatever you upload. I downloaded the raw file last year, I forget the link but it definitely wasn't from youtube.

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

I'm all for explaining it as a bug if that's what it is, but how would you explain a bug disappearing behind the distant ridgeline as highlighted in this video, posted on page 13 of the old thread? The whole path is not visible, it's blocked by the ridgeline at times.

That video also highlights a bug in the video, and you can tell it's a bug, partly by the erratic flight pattern. Some people have said they think the lack of any bug-like deviations in the flight path of the UFO show it's not a bug, but disappearing behind the distant ridgeline means it would have to be traveling faster than any bug could travel to take up so many pixels in later frames.

This goes back to what I said about it always being close to the camera and never as far as the distant hills. Maybe I didn't explain it properly, but I'm saying when it became visible on the video, it was already close to the camera...

...That is to say, it needed to be close enough to the camera for the camera to resolve it due to its motion and small size -- let's say for example 20 feet from the camera. That number may be a bit arbitrary, but it explains my point. Before that (say maybe 30 feet away) it was too far away to be resolved.

In between, say around 25 feet away, maybe it was just on the edge of the camera's ability to resolve it, with it blinking in and out of visibility (or the ability for it to be visible) because of factors like motion and lighting.

edit on 5/24/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join