It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rental car giant Hertz files for bankruptcy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Yep. You're first paragraph gave me a headache, by causing me to remember working with that crap lol.

I was always curious about cybersecurity.

Especially when it came to people attempting to access my equipment and changing parameters around. It got to the point that I eventually just started disabling bluetooth on everything right off the get go.

What's worse is when when employees with access give out the passwords to people who aren't qualified to make changes. Talk about infuriating!

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
...there are only a small percentage who actually want to travel again.

Well, I'm one of them. What I do doesn't really translate well to Zoom or other video platforms, sometimes you need to be able to engage people in person.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Hypntick
...there are only a small percentage who actually want to travel again.

Well, I'm one of them. What I do doesn't really translate well to Zoom or other video platforms, sometimes you need to be able to engage people in person.

So that narrows it down: you're either a fighter pilot or fencing instructor.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Both.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Hertz, SEARS, JCPenney, Army and Navy

Companies over 100 years old don't go bankrupt because of a 2 month slowdown / shutdown

Hertz had $19 billion in corporate debt, which was a situation that was impossible to sustain, even before Corona Virus hit

These companies have gone under through crappy management over years, Corona Virus was just the last nail in the coffin

Sears and JC Penney are being eliminated by WalMart and Amazon. this has been happening for a few years (ditto Woolworth and Kmart and probly others).
imho

I'm not aware of a Walmart equivalent in car rentals so I think something else going on there. maybe too much competition.
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

I am happy that is your experience. You are wrong though. School is even worse than my job. If I have class Mon and Fri I need to constantly check my emails because there is a 24 hour expectation to have read and or replied. On days I have no classes I still had to constantly check my emails. I started college in the 90s, and have been in college every decade since. The shift over the last 10 years is staggering.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

originally posted by: babybunnies
Hertz, SEARS, JCPenney, Army and Navy

Companies over 100 years old don't go bankrupt because of a 2 month slowdown / shutdown

Hertz had $19 billion in corporate debt, which was a situation that was impossible to sustain, even before Corona Virus hit

These companies have gone under through crappy management over years, Corona Virus was just the last nail in the coffin

Sears and JC Penney are being eliminated by WalMart and Amazon. this has been happening for a few years (ditto Woolworth and Kmart and probly others).
imho

I'm not aware of a Walmart equivalent in car rentals so I think something else going on there. maybe too much competition.

Wonder if Uber has an impact. I have only needed a car rental once in the past 5 years worth of vacations.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm guessing that there will be some good deals on slightly used cars in the near future.

I doubt if Hertz will be the only auto rental company to go belly up.

Before covid, I used to travel and have to rent cars and I was always amazed at the number of cars available at airports for rent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join