It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Killed 275k Jobs Over COVID-19, Sheriff Now Evicting Residents Who Can’t Pay

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

''Banks know about that trick better than I do; they aren't going to chase your spending habit all over time and space. They're going to foreclose and cut their losses, and landlords are going to evict and cut theirs.''

This is what I wonder. Will anyone be able to afford all these newly re acquired properties that these banks are now holding the note on? I feel like there will be loads of empty houses sitting that way for some time, especially new builds that are right now being constructed. There are several new additions going in near me with many more planned for the next year or so and I wonder if they will finish these neighborhoods at all or if they do if they will sit empty for a few years.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

i always chat with landlords. i saw an awesome loft in jersey city, the landlord told me about 'professional renters' who know the law, move in, and never pay rent knowing it takes months of litigation to kick them out.

you gotta pay your landlord, cause most of the places ive been in are still in mortgage. if you do not pay, then the landlord cannot pay, and it screws up the entire chain of command.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This situation is a mess and it's only going to get worse this summer.

A few years ago I was speaking with an old friend about why he -- a very wealthy young man -- held so many "liberal" views. He laughed and said it was pure self-preservation.

He didn't want to live in a world where people being pulled out of their homes or cars and killed in the street because they appeared to "have" more became common.

If millions of people who aren't crippled by lifelong drug and alcohol abuse or untreated mental illness suddenly find themselves homeless, I'm going to keep my head down.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I'd like to see every single one of these people getting evicted go pitch a tent on their mayor's, governor's and sheriff's land.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

In order to receive an order of eviction as soon as the courts opened back up wouldn't it mean that the cases were filed BEFORE the shut downs? My guess is that the majority are people who would have been booted out a couple of months ago if not for the "stay" on evictions during the state of emergency. Those who have gotten behind since then are probably just now started to get filed and wont even come up for review for a while.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join