It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whitmer extends Stay At Home order until June 12th.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

No. Those of us complaining about her DID NOT vote for her and we do NOT have to tolerate it when she's obviously violating laws.

Why live there then? There are a lot of states I will not live in, well unless I'm paid more than I'm worth. The great thing about a Republic is you can pick and choose. I'm trying not to be harsh, but its like someone living in CA complaining about the liberal policies there.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Pretty obvious, at this point; this woman is going to push it as far as she possibly can get away with!

Amazing!!

She's testing the edges of the public patience...intentionally.

Nah... i don't think "intentionally" kind of...

She just understood that she has control over people, then she got "high" from that control, from that power, and she can't let go, she can't have enough.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: misfit312
All the while she is up in Traverse City throwing her daughter's Grad party.

Apparently her daughters posted it all over
Tik-Tok. At least according to everything I'm reading and hearing.

She is getting ripped apart on FB also.
Maybe everyone should crash the Grad Party.

So the only kid in the State who gets to have a graduation party..

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Satans Soldiers... No doubt is is following a hierarchy...eply to: AgarthaSeed

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

No. Those of us complaining about her DID NOT vote for her and we do NOT have to tolerate it when she's obviously violating laws.

Why live there then? There are a lot of states I will not live in, well unless I'm paid more than I'm worth. The great thing about a Republic is you can pick and choose. I'm trying not to be harsh, but its like someone living in CA complaining about the liberal policies there.

Because unlike the cowards who leave their states in shambles, some of us love our state and want it fixed. We don't want one of the best states in the nation for travel, nature, etc. to go into a pit of hell, we want to be able to fix it. Legally, preferably. There are legal remedies to rogue governors, that's what we're working on first.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
This one is rubbing her ultimate power in the people's faces.
Every time someone mentions this "person" , I thank all holy powers I was born and live in Georgia.
Georgia governor try this and they get an eviction notice from the citizens .

You’re goddamn right!

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
A close friend of mine is waiting to be reunited with his 8 month old who is in the care of the state. Guess who's in charge of bringing the family back together? It's always funny to watch our leaders take every vacation they can get while work is piling up and homes are waiting to be healed.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

We don't want one of the best states in the nation for travel, nature, etc. to go into a pit of hell, we want to be able to fix it. Legally, preferably. There are legal remedies to rogue governors, that's what we're working on first.

What do you do when the majority want just that, a pit of hell. The left is very alluring in always offering something for nothing...How many people would never go back to work if they could continually collect 700 bucks per week? Now maybe you and I would see that it would bring as poor quality of life for us, but there is a good number that would see it as winning lottery since Michigan is rather poor. Only 6% of jobs pay between 73k and 120k, and it is estimated you need 79k to live middle class there. About 30% of jobs there pay that 700 per week, so the question is how many people do you need to vote to get elected. With 7.3 million adults you need more people voting as only 4.1 million voted for either party last election, so get busy and get another 400k votes for the Republican and you will flip the state.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

We don't want one of the best states in the nation for travel, nature, etc. to go into a pit of hell, we want to be able to fix it. Legally, preferably. There are legal remedies to rogue governors, that's what we're working on first.

What do you do when the majority want just that, a pit of hell. The left is very alluring in always offering something for nothing...How many people would never go back to work if they could continually collect 700 bucks per week? Now maybe you and I would see that it would bring as poor quality of life for us, but there is a good number that would see it as winning lottery since Michigan is rather poor. Only 6% of jobs pay between 73k and 120k, and it is estimated you need 79k to live middle class there. About 30% of jobs there pay that 700 per week, so the question is how many people do you need to vote to get elected. With 7.3 million adults you need more people voting as only 4.1 million voted for either party last election, so get busy and get another 400k votes for the Republican and you will flip the state.

That money is going to run out, that's what they're not prepared for. Everyone that purposely stays unemployed to get the extra money - after the jobs are open again - is a leech. They don't want to work. They want everything given to them by others. I can see someone using the opportunity to get ahead or at least caught up, that's one thing, but once they can go back to work they should.

I don't know where you found the $79k to live here, the average income is around $50k. If you live in a metro area the cost and wages will be higher, obviously. Most of the state is reasonable but when you get to the south-west, south-east or Traverse City areas the prices and wages jump a lot. In rural Michigan it's not unusual to live well on $50-70k or so. We've been doing that for a long time. You just can't build up debt to have things before you can afford them. We made that mistake once, won't do it again.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I don't know where you found the $79k to live here.

I believe the 79k was for the big cities... That is where most of the liberals live and where something like 700 a week will stretch a lot less.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I agree , but I don't understand how pissing everyone off is going to bring votes for Biden ( if he is the candidate )

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Granholm destroyed it but we made a comeback . Guess we will have to do it again .

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Because there's more to a state then just it's politics & politicians. I moved to MI from Florida 6 years ago later this year because there was WORK here, and it's affordable to live & eat here. That, and the weather is superior to the deep south, and I am not kidding. Snow is not a deterrent for a few months, because it'll become mild and pleasant soon enough.
Simply put, Michigan is better than where I came from. If I have to deal with voting out crappy politicians now and then, it's a fair trade to me.
edit on 5/23/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

... since Michigan is rather poor. Only 6% of jobs pay between 73k and 120k, and it is estimated you need 79k to live middle class there.

WTF are you smoking??? 80 grand to live in MI, lmfao. We're doing middle class JUST fine with disposable cash to spare on a little over half that. Friends of mine live on nice spacious properties with plenty of house square footage and acreage on even less.
It is not expensive to live here unless you're a hipster wanting to live smack in the middle of a downtown, in an upper middle/high class neighborhood, or in The Castle (people in the GR metro know where I'm talking about)

Edit: Our car insurance rates might kill ya a little, though. Those are high here.
edit on 5/23/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Let her be the example — for a justified revolution.

You first. Let us know how it turns out.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

Granholm destroyed it but we made a comeback . Guess we will have to do it again .

I was working for a school at the time and she pushed people out of the state by the thousands a year after killing a lot of manufacturing jobs. Teachers were leaving in droves going to the south where they were screaming for teachers.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I don't know where you found the $79k to live here.

I believe the 79k was for the big cities... That is where most of the liberals live and where something like 700 a week will stretch a lot less.

Yes, and roughly a third of those Dems in Detroit are on welfare. Most of their expenses are paid for by us.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

No Republicans on welfare?
That's awesome.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No Republicans on welfare?
That's awesome.

Nah, that didn't come out like I was thinking. So I did a little more research and found something I'd never heard before but it makes sense when you look at the stats. Large cities with densely populated areas tend to vote Democrat. Those areas also tend to be heavily on welfare. This particular article was discussing Romney/Obama but the idea seems to hold true. The less populated an area, the more likely the area is better off financially and voting Republican. Why? No idea, I certainly wouldn't vote for a Democrat knowing what their motives are.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join