It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump designates places of worship as essential and orders them to be opened immediately

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
sorry if this is repeated but I didnt have time to read all 16 pages (at the time of writing this) .

we have this thing called the constitution.
in it we have a part of it called the BILL OF RIGHTS.
The very first one grants the FREEDOM OF RELIGION
outside of specific limits (ex you cant have human sacrifice) it is a personal right.

let me say this again, its not an "essential service" but A GUARANTEED RIGHT.
thought of so highly its in the first amendment of the constitution.

you have THE CHOICE how to worship or not to worship at all.

whereas alot of "essential businesses" like liquor stores, recreational pot shops, getting takeout/grub hub or even going to wal mart are NOT LISTED in the bill of rights.

but yet we closed places of worship to the point even when they used "social distancing" in cars like a drive in service they sent POLICE to ENFORCE THE NO CHURCH EDICT.

im sorry but ITS A RIGHT.

as "right of worship" if you dont feel safe in a church service where people may hold hands, not wear masks, or be less than six feet then you HAVE TH RIGHT NOT TO GO.
you DONT have the right to tell others how they are gonna apply their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT.

to those still holding to this you ok with them restricting another first amendment right of "freedom of speach"?

how about forth amendment against unreasonable search and Seizure ?

or maybe denial of writ of habitues corpus?

or innocent until PROVEN GUILTY in court of law?

but hey you got your recreational pot , bottle of beer and delivered pizza right?

smh

scrounger

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   
What happens with things like Communion in distanced Churches? From what I remember the whole everyone drinking from the same cup, having the wafers and offering the Sign of Peace was main/only point of attending Church services; everything else could be practiced at home. Is that being put on hold on these in-car or in church distanced services as it's a major disease vector?

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
It made sense to socially distance during the pandemic. It still does. If you dont see that, sorry, you're wrong. The transmission rates are not falling. In fact, they're rising. But that's another matter.

I am the first to say that the government COMMANDING that we soclally distance by closing businesses, etc. and that this happened on such a large coordinated scale ... TPTB are not even bothing with the illusion that we the people have rights.

The Constitution has been for show all along. You don't have rights. You have temporary allowances.

What are you going to do with that fact? That's what you need to think about, IMO.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The mosque near me is not open and i don't see any rioting Muslims...

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Walmarts contain necessary items to live. Churches don't. Otherwise walmarts wouldn't be open. Also, how many churches are going to follow social distancing? Singing with masks on? Sitting 6 feet apart? Good luck enforcing that..

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I enjoy some of your posts ... but by saying that COVID-19 is simply "a cold," you're not denying ignorance, you're denying reality.

Graveyards and overflowing ICU wards and folks with permanent lung damage put the lie to this kind of foolishness.

/ignore

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

So if it's just some average cold virus, why did many countries around the world all lockdown in some way? Are all the leaders snd health officials brainwashed and on someone's payroll.

You really think they are all lying for money?

And who is right? The right-leabing conspiracy theorists? Why would i trust them over alot of health professionals?

edit on 23-5-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Walmarts contain necessary items to live. Churches don't. Otherwise walmarts wouldn't be open. Also, how many churches are going to follow social distancing? Singing with masks on? Sitting 6 feet apart? Good luck enforcing that..

Did you catch the thread that had an article with doctors saying they were seeing more suicide deaths than covid deaths in parts of California.

Cutting people off especially if they are alone can do more damage to them than the virus.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: blueman12

Did you catch the thread that had an article with doctors saying they were seeing more suicide deaths than covid deaths in parts of California.

Cutting people off especially if they are alone can do more damage to them than the virus.

And wouldn't you agree that is anecdotal?

We know about the virulency of COVID. We know it's not gone. People have clearly demonstrated that they aren't going to socially distance, wear masks, increase hygiene on their own ... because "ain't nobody gon' tell me what to do excepting Mr. Trump."

This hasn't made anyone realize what's really going on in the world ... it's just driven many further into stupidity.

IMO.
edit on 23-5-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yea that's bizzare. There must be alot of mentally unstable people in California who would kill themselves over a lockdown. Maybe california should lift the lockdown it if the numbers are still low.

My argument was that if we feel a lockdown is needed to prevent spreading, then churches are not essential.

Wether or not an area needs quarantine is a different issue.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Many preachers, pastors, priests, rabbis and imams have responded to Trump's tyrannical BS statement by stating clearly that they are not being being prevented from ministering to their congregations, membeships, etc. by the lockdowns, and that it's in the interest of the health of those people to stay socially distanced.

I am very sympathetic to the laments about how this situation has trampled on our rights.

Sadly, the same people are praising Trump for taking on the mantle of a dictator. He has ZERO authority under the Constitution to command anything of the sort of the Governors or the States.

You support Trump in this, you're going to be bending the knee for a long long time.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

This has got nothing to do with religion or religious freedoms. The churches are major conservative donors (i.e., Republican donors). They can't get collections if people don't come to services. No collections = no Republican donations. That's why Trump et al are so insistent on reopening the churches. It's about money. Not religion.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Well time will tell, i really don't see Donald pulling this one out his behind, once he reopens, a second wave hits and more people die.

He's shouting about overriding governors now who refuse to entertain his ludicrous reopening procedures.

The president has considerable power, but it is not within his means to order governors to do this.

He could potentially withhold federal aid from the states, but hows that going to look?

Not very presidential that's for sure.
edit on 23-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
DP
edit on 23-5-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

This has got nothing to do with religion or religious freedoms. The churches are major conservative donors (i.e., Republican donors). They can't get collections if people don't come to services. No collections = no Republican donations. That's why Trump et al are so insistent on reopening the churches. It's about money. Not religion.

I can't disagree, although the other component, just as strong, is keeping the American people divided.

A task which we handle these days on our own. THEY only have to nudge occasionally.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Churches aren't legally allowed to donate nor can they endorse specific candidates openly without jeopardizing their tax exempt status.

Those "collections" do not go to political campaigns at all.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: muzzleflash
It does exactly what cold viruses do. Symptomatically this virus, even SARS and MERS, are cold viruses.

Why do we call hurricanes, hurricanes...why not just a breeze..or rain?
Symptomatically the weather are all just ranges of rain.

I digress, there are some who think hurricanes are hoaxes also..dont need to open that can of crazy in this thread...its already at its fill.

If Ebola is a Cat3 Hurricane than Covid 84 is a single cell thunderstorm at best. Not even a supercell.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Wait a minute - you're calling Trump a dictator for trying to reverse a lock down??

Are we really this deep in the # already?

"Don't take my chains off you tyrants, I WANT to be a slave!!"

Hahahaha

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join