It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Odd Dilemma...???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   
So, I'm cleaning off my desk (much needed) and in one of my cabinets above the desk I find this letter hand addressed to me and the wife.

Inside is this really nice professionally made card which announces the birth of a child, Amelia Jane xxxxxx. The card has all this cool stuff like statistics of the baby, objectives, physical assets, nicknames, experience, special skills and accomplishments (all geared around the birth of the baby girl and her first few hours in the new world). Also inside the envelope is a glass-line (wax) envelope the same size as a business card with a business card of sorts for the baby listing her name, her address and her email address. When I removed the 'business' card there is also a picture of the baby girl (and she's a doll). All very cool, very nicely done and overall heartwarming. BUT...

I have no idea who this person or her parents are! Neither does my wife. Name is totally not familiar. The return address on the main envelope only lists the last name and the same address on the baby card. No clue.

Now clearly I thought enough of this person to stick the card away in the moment (probably thinking I'd get back to it when I had a moment). Only problem is, that moment was...sixteen years ago!

So now I'm sitting here thinking...what should I do?

1. Should I...send a "Congratulations on the "new" baby!" note? LOL! Better late than never, right?

2. Should I...send a High School Graduation gift??

3. Plead Insanity and just forget about it?

Here's the weird-er part, the return address is in Utah, but the letter is postmarked in Michigan. My parents used to live in Michigan, so there's some connections which might explain it there. Unfortunately though, they've both passed, so I can't ask them.

Hmmmm…

Weird, huh?

edit on 5/22/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If you've not heard anything FROM these people and kid in 16 yrs...I think you're safe now in not replying!

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
So, I'm cleaning off my desk (much needed) and in one of my cabinets above the desk I find this letter hand addressed to me and the wife.

Inside is this really nice professionally made card which announces the birth of a child, Amelia Jane xxxxxx. ...

So now I'm sitting here thinking...what should I do?

Yeah, kind of weird. But, hey, it's been sixteen years. A lot of water under the bridge, probably a passing acquaintance that didn't have enough foundation in your life to avoid being washed downstream. More then likely, the folks who sent it won't remember who you are, either.

I'd 86 it and move on.
:
edit on 2020 5 22 by incoserv because: I'm a bit anal about my orthography.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Lol thank God I'm not the only one! I've found stuff like this in my boxes and cannot remeber who that person is! I think you are safe in 86ing it like the others suggested. It would be kind of interesting to find out how the kid is and what she went on getting interested in. Kind of funny to send them a return card, "Hey! You don't know me but happy Graduation!"

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
Lol thank God I'm not the only one! I've found stuff like this in my boxes and cannot remeber who that person is! I think you are safe in 86ing it like the others suggested. It would be kind of interesting to find out how the kid is and what she went on getting interested in. Kind of funny to send them a return card, "Hey! You don't know me but happy Graduation!"

Of course, in the unlikely event that the child has met with some kind of tragedy and, say, died between her birth and now, that'd just end up being cruel!

Yeah, I'd definitely just 86 it.
:
edit on 2020 5 22 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Well im the type of person that has a ten minute conversation with someone that dialed my number by mistake.

That being said I would try to contact this person.
You never know how things turn out but you do need to stop every now and then and smell the roses.
Life handed you the ball so run with it.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

This is a known scam. The idea is to make you feel endeared to them so you send gifts or money.

There was a similar thread not too long back on here that someone wrote. Same exact scenario— except it was for a wedding.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

If you've not heard anything FROM these people and kid in 16 yrs...I think you're safe now in not replying!

I dunno - what if there is a huge inheritance waiting for him to reply?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I'll run it by my homeboi hombero and get back to you

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

If that's the case? I'll drive...touche', tanstaafl.

top topics

join