It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chinese Communist Party and the Pandemic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

originally posted by: Jay-morris
a reply to: ErEhWoN

I think we should stop all trade with China IMMEDIATELY, until they give their citizens basic human rights and freedoms.

I know China has a problem with humans rights, but please stop making out that no chinese has basic human rights in China, that is don't not true.

As someone who has lived and travelled china, and had the freedom to do so with friends in China, I know that it is not true what you just said.

Saying that, it needs to improve greatly in a number of areas. But believe me, there are far worse places in the world to live.

As for stopping trade with China. You do realise that millions of American companies rely on trade with China. You think only China would be hurt by this.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I know China has a problem with humans rights, but please stop making out that no chinese has basic human rights in China, that is don't not true.
a reply to: Jay-morris

Never said "no" Chinese have basic human rights. But the rights of workers, in particular, are atrocious. All workers should have access to humane working and living conditions. No compromise. And the freedom to ORGANIZE a union to protect their benefits. We should not do business with any country that does not allow their employees to bargain for their benefits.

China has come a long way in lifting millions out of poverty and towards middle class. More than any country in history if I am not mistaken.

Now comes the hard part, giving those workers with access to higher education the rights and freedoms they will crave with their new found wealth.

Saying that, it needs to improve greatly in a number of areas. But believe me, there are far worse places in the world to live.

Yep, and some may even be found here in the good ole USA.

As for stopping trade with China. You do realise that millions of American companies rely on trade with China. You think only China would be hurt by this.

Both parties are guilty of using workers in poor countries to enrich the owners of companies that take advantage of slave labor conditions. If we are going to talk the talk, we need to walk the walk. Do no business with any country that doesn't give their workers basic rights and freedoms. It will never happen, because the ones with wealth wield power over the government. Politicians wax poetic about protecting human rights and decency. But if involves a business deal, well, we can look the other way. We are not catalyst for change, we purveyors of false hopes that advantage of the disadvantaged.

And it's sickening.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

See above about shills for CHINA. This poster is a wonderful example.
a reply to: Fools

I think we should stop all trade with China IMMEDIATELY, until they give their citizens basic human rights and freedoms.

Taiwan should declare independence and be given a seat at the UN.

And keep Hong Kong FREE and democratic.

So much for your 'shill' theory.

Possible that I misread your OP. If so, my apologies.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join