It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronavirus 'does not spread easily' by touching surfaces or objects, CDC now says

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Full Title: Coronavirus 'does not spread easily' by touching surfaces or objects, CDC now says. But it still 'may be possible.'

This is getting ridiculous!

First they tell us that people can catch coronavirus from touching packages, objects, etc. that infected people have handled and now they are saying that while it is possible it isn't very likely:

“Many people were concerned that by simply touching an object they may get coronavirus, and that’s simply not the case. Even when a virus may stay on a surface, it doesn’t mean that it’s actually infectious,” Whyte was quoted.

First they tried to scare us to death, now they are back tracking and saying catching the virus from touching objects (boxes, a can of peas, whatever) is unlikely:

The CDC, however, has said that catching the coronavirus from boxes delivered by Amazon or on your takeout food bag is highly unlikely "because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces."

I just wish they would make up their damn minds!
Are they saying this now because it is the truth or because they have decided to assuage the fear of the people to get them to come out of their hidey holes?

Full Article

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I wonder what made them "revise" their thinking ? ⭕🧞‍♀️

+4 more 
posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

The CDC was one of the major players in recommending the destruction of our economy.

Now all the sudden, the virus is less transmissible than previously thought.

Gee thanks for coming out with that info — after 1/3 of everyone lost their jobs.

Lynch mob anyone?
edit on 21-5-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I wonder what made them "revise" their thinking ? ⭕🧞‍♀️

Maybe because the spotlight is on them, it would be hard to lie when in the news everyday.

or that their lies are about to be exposed.

+8 more 
posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Don't wear a mask. Wear a mask. Kids don't get it. They do get it. Millions will die easily. Nowhere near that will die...meh.
Might as well go buy a pack of Tarot cards. Nobody knows jack squat.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

webmd.com

Surface transmission. Another way to catch the new coronavirus is when you touch surfaces that someone who has the virus has coughed or sneezed on. You may touch a countertop or doorknob that's contaminated and then touch your nose, mouth, or eyes. The virus can live on surfaces like plastic and stainless steel for 2 to 3 days. To stop it, clean and disinfect all counters, knobs, and other surfaces you and your family touch several times a day.

The Telegraph-does coronavirus live different surfaces.

A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine revealed plastic is the surface the virus remains viable on for the longest - up to 72 hours. On stainless steel the virus was detected up to 48 hours after application. For cardboard it was 24 hours and for copper just four hours.

edit on 21-5-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets
LOL
I'm better with the deck of Tarot cards, than the CDC is with the truth.

This is absolutely ridiculous.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Not sure I'd trust Web MD too much. Any time I have put in my symptoms for this and that over the years they always come up with some off the wall diagnosis with possible death as a result and it ended up being a cold or allergies.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It seems they are finally making a distinction between the presence of a viral material and actual chances for infection.

Thats nice. After months of inculcating habits.

Next up is explaining how that applies to the tests too.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm just glad the brilliant humanitarians in our government have this completely under control. I can rest easy knowing our fearless leaders are on the job.

Phew! *Wipes sweat from brow.*

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Of course as has been said after unemployment is off the freaking charts while people have bought loads of Lysol and other disinfectant products in the last 3 months. Pretty CDC just wanted to make sure the government didn't cut any more of its funding. That was likely the # 1 priority inflate the crisis to show how important this medical- biological bloated bureaucracy is.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Still when you use a public toilet, wipe the seat down with a powerful antiseptic; those nasty covid virus can crawl all over the place and live for 3 days in the right environment. You can't be to careful!!

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Masks are bad.

Masks are mandatory.

It will live on surfaces for hours ... then days.... then weeks.

Now it can't be caught from surfaces.

Frig them.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think it's just a symptom of they don't really know the full picture and are playing it by ear... I'd rather they err on the side of caution and be too alarmist than the other way around

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Well.. Ya see..

They didnt really change their thinking on how long it will survive on surfaces. They just finally added the all important nuance that has always been there: presence of viral material does not mean "super duper infectious doom and death."

Same thing with the results from tests, particularly when considering the decades old controversies pertaining to said tests.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Science.
It is changeable, when new data comes along.
They don’t just “ Make up their minds”. Lol

I’m sure there are hundreds of tiny variables that can change the results of this kind of infection rate.

And I’m sure this data will change again.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

So you choose the ones you like the best?
Like masks are bad. Right?
Even though the later finding was masks are helpful.
You stick with the early commentary on masks.
A lot of people pick that option, for convenience.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Please link to the peer-reviewed controlled studies that prove wearing masks in public works for corona virus now.

And while your at it, please cite the peer-reviewed double blind studies Fauci and his experts used to determine the “flatten the curve lockdown” strategy was the best treatment, without any devastating side effects in the long term health of the public.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

Science.
It is changeable, when new data comes along.
They don’t just “ Make up their minds”. Lol

I’m sure there are hundreds of tiny variables that can change the results of this kind of infection rate.

And I’m sure this data will change again.

True, but at what point do they become like the boy who cried wolf? The more often the story changes the less likely anyone will believe it. It would be better if rather than changing their findings or recommendations all of the time they just came out and said that they just don't know rather than acting like they do. I have much more respect for people who admit ignorance than those who feign expertise.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

while this is all new, and none of us know a whole lot right now, this entire fiasco has ruined quite a few lives, so forgive us if the blank stares after 3 months pisses us off.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join