It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA scientists ‘may have found evidence of parallel universe where time runs backwards’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I think it is parallax.

Much like how a mirror works, when utilized to flip objects back to right side up.

Y'all forgot our brains process what we observe, in reverse.

It just looked like it was running backwards.

I hope that makes sense, because I know you are all smart cookies.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Our vision is flipped by our brain, but that is a very different thing to reversed time.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   
What even...

Not a fan of this sensationalisation of science. Media and some scientists going for the least probable and most extraordinary hypothesis is ridiculous.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Reading into this a bit more, it seems like they've only arrived at this theory after eliminating nearly every other theory they had. And as I explained on the last page, many of our models actually predict some sort of parallel universe with reversed time does exist, which is probably why they don't consider it a totally crazy idea.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Scientist are entering the realms we cannot yet understand, therefore their default position is 'glitch' pr parallel universe.

Give it a few decades.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This reminds me of the final episode of Star Trek TNG, "all good things".

Picard has to stop an anomaly from destroying the universe, but the anomaly moves backwards through time.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: spite

Stuff taking a crap in that universe.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

ANITA apparently detected heavier particles which seemed to come “up” out of Earth. That could mean that these particles are actually traveling backwards in time which is seen as possible evidence of a parallel universe.

Well I think I can explain this easily enough .
You see, "time " spelled backwards is "emit".
Just tell NASA to PM me If they need any other
mysteries solved.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: RavenSpeaks

ANITA apparently detected heavier particles which seemed to come “up” out of Earth. That could mean that these particles are actually traveling backwards in time which is seen as possible evidence of a parallel universe.

Well I think I can explain this easily enough .
You see, "time " spelled backwards is "emit".
Just tell NASA to PM me If they need any other
mysteries solved.

Or mite or item

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

NASA scientists ‘may have found evidence of parallel universe where time runs backwards’

If in a parallel universe , would that not be the normal passage of time ?
Thiiiiiiinnnnkkkkk about it...

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
That would explain the flash-forwards I have on substances I have not ingested yet.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
interesting... a second universe that runs time in reverse relative to us. I would assume that means it's different from ours, but NOT running backwards as some think.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Let's not forget that the second Stargate is in Antarctica.

Just saying...

Side note - during this "lockdown" I finally dug into SG1 and it's very very enjoyable. Season 1 starts a little slow but halfway through, the writing gets a lot better and really draws the viewer in. Not so much of the "epic storyline episode followed by 1 or 2 fluff episodes, rinse/repeat"

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
in the quantum universe, time isn't constrained by dimension. Forward, backward, up, down, or spinning like a top; you can throw your primitive 6 senses and old school physics out in the street. Take a little journey with the coyote via the spirit molecule and you will see what I mean. But before you embark on the trip, arm your self with the shield of faith and the sword of knowledge. Don't be a casualty!! Sorry I don't have a nice youtube video to drive home my point, but I'll keep looking.
edit on 21-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I know I'm supposed to say "wow, cool man" and then postulate "why" and spread the message and boost the keywords... But who's to say this isn't just a marketing trick for TENET movie. The movie is about time running backwards (to some extent). So it makes sense to have the masses think the concept is "cool" in time for the July release. Just sayin'.

The concept and the movie do seem cool. But yeah. It's a bit like a global pandemic just before a certain November election, the timing is sometimes a little too perfect or rather, convenient (for someone elses agenda).
edit on 21-5-2020 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Oops. I meant to try editing my original post, not reply to it.... I never post here, I'm doing it all wrong!

But here is a MUCH better article summing it all up:

www.forbes.com... /
edit on 5/21/2020 by spite because: (no reason given)

For taste,

Ibrahim Safa of UW–Madison, who was a lead author on a research paper about the experiment in question in Antarctica, thinks about the current spate of “news” stories that associate his research with evidence for a parallel universe:

"NASA has discovered that y'all should not be getting your news from the new york post."

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied
Pretty sure theres a theory that states at some point the 'anti matter' universe split from the....(matter?) universe, and in the anti matter universe time would flow backwards.

Congratulations..!! You almost just won the Nobel Prize...if it was up to me...and it to be your theory.

edit on 21/5/2020 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

If in a parallel universe , would that not be the normal passage of time ?
Thiiiiiiinnnnkkkkk about it...

I tried to re-write Humpty-Dumpty.

Humpty-Dumpty was found...
In millions of pieces all over the ground

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall (in reverse time)...
And ended up in one piece on top of the wall

All the Kings horses and all the king's men...
Had no idea wtf just happened.

originally posted by: markymint
I know I'm supposed to say "wow, cool man" and then postulate "why" and spread the message and boost the keywords... But who's to say this isn't just a marketing trick for TENET movie. The movie is about time running backwards (to some extent). So it makes sense to have the masses think the concept is "cool" in time for the July release. Just sayin'.
Interesting find...it's either an amazing coincidence, or you're on to something, especially when a physicist told me that ANITA result had been solved years ago as CCQE, so there's no need for another universe to explain it, and anyway, I was always taught the hypothesized different universes weren't supposed to interact.

edit on 2020521 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Well it is the bottom of the world isn't it?

Maybe the cosmic rays move from the top of the world to the bottom of the world. When you get to the bottom of the world, their direction appears as up.

Like a battery where the current flows from positive to negative.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I want to visit a parallel universe where the Sun rises in the West and sets on the East. Reversed Time! Haha.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join