It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA scientists ‘may have found evidence of parallel universe where time runs backwards’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Thank you

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Parallel lines never cross, neither do parallel universes. What ever happens in other hypothetical universes has nothing to do with this one.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: spite

Simple answer: they were WRONG about this bit...

... but higher-energy objects are stopped by the Earth's mass.

Perhaps likely that SOME higher-energy objects actually DO pass through and it is those that are being detected returning to space.

How the heck this can protect us from future pandemics is a mystery, but a few million more dollars should be thrown at these "scientists" so they can win a prize maybe.
edit on 20/5/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Simple answer: they were WRONG about this bit...

Actually, they were right. And guess where the evidence comes from?
phys.org...

The probability of neutrinos being absorbed by the Earth was consistent with expectations from the Standard Model of particle physics, which scientists use to explain the fundamental forces and particles in the universe. This probability—that neutrinos of a given energy will interact with matter—is what physicists refer to as a "cross section."

edit on 5/20/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Parallel lines never cross, neither do parallel universes. What ever happens in other hypothetical universes has nothing to do with this one.

Unless the frequencies of what is contained in each happens to cross while travelling in the same direction perhaps.

Especially if they are very variable frequencies.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Actually, they were right. And guess where the evidence comes from?

You know what that could maybe mean then...

Hollow Earth but not uniformly spherical inside perhaps.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

No. Not really.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

That or maybe something to do with the earths magnetic field lines happen to converge in that region.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

been there done that, just dont go to the toilet

Shame its from the sun newspaper

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Neutrinos are called that for a reason. They carry no charge and are thus unaffected by magnetic fields.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

The original source is New Scientist. Which is a bit better.
But those two aren't the only ones carrying the story.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: spite

We observe the other Universe and conclude time is running backwards, the other Universe observes us and concludes the same . It doesn't mean an old person grows younger or their would be no logical flow, it just means time is running in a different direction for them.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Could it run sideways in yet another universe?

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
More seriously, I wonder at why they couldn't have detected neutrinos coming from space on the other side of the world, and thus seeming to come from the ground? I guess a Tau Neutrino is a higher energy version and so would be stopped by matter and not pass through like a "regular" neutrino?

I understand that 1) I don't really understand anything but the broadest ideas associated with this story, and 2) they had to make it marketable and so focused on the "parallel universe" part of it and kept it light for laypeople, but I couldn't glean why the particles and their properties were so strange and why the particles being from another universe but running backwards in time was even a first consideration as an explanation? If they did originate in the proposed "antiverse" how do we even detect them?

I guess I need 8 years of school!

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

but I couldn't glean why the particles and their properties were so strange and why the particles being from another universe but running backwards in time was even a first consideration as an explanation?
Let us not forget that there were real, actual, papers written about `Oumuamua being an interstellar spacecraft.

Give it a bit of time and a few more brains to look at the data. There are bound to be other explanations.

TARDIS exhaust, for sure.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   

TARDIS exhaust on Taco Tuesday is the worst.

I guess some of the brainiacs saw the evil Spock episode as kids and are just waiting to incorporate the antiverse, unverse, evilverse, wonderland, etc., in their world.

Oh well, it did make a headline and some conversation other than the end of all things, so good on them.

I wonder if I have a mustache in that proposed verse, and a bitchin' Camaro?

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Oh well, it did make a headline and some conversation other than the end of all things, so good on them.

Just as the `Oumuamua articles did.

There is some very cool science coming out. Cool new tools. Cool new tools mean new questions, every time.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 03:35 AM
link   
There's actually some very good reasons to believe a parrallel universe where times flows backwards exists, that may be why they aren't treating it as a totally crazy solution. Not too long ago I created a thread showing how many different models predict a parallel universe with reversed time, resulting in an "hourglass" shape for the universe. More recently I created a thread making predictions related to dark matter and dark energy based on a similar type of model. Having said that I'm far from convinced this is actual evidence of particles moving backwards in time, another poster mentioned that parallel universes never interact and I tend to agree with that, well they can interact gravitationally but the particles in each universe are still separated from each other. Although, it's possible neutrinos have some sort of special status due to their lack of charge.

The Hourglass Universe and Black Holes

A possible solution to dark matter and dark energy
edit on 21/5/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Time running backwards? I don't think we need a parallel universe for that right now. Seems like we're waking up 10 years earlier every month or two now. We should be in the 1800s pretty soon.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Its all about the timing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join