It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA scientists ‘may have found evidence of parallel universe where time runs backwards’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Oh yes.

Scientists used a giant balloon to carry NASA’s Antarctic Impulsive Transient Antenna (ANITA) high above the frozen wastes of Antarctica...

... Low-energy neutrinos with a mass close to zero can pass completely through our planet, but higher-energy objects are stopped by the Earth's mass.

That means the high-energy particles can only be detected coming “down” from space, but ANITA apparently detected heavier particles which seemed to come “up” out of Earth.

That could mean that these particles are actually traveling backwards in time which is seen as possible evidence of a parallel universe.

Basically, on a three year study of high energy particles, these scientists observed an impossible event, and a very intense one at that. Some of the researchers say they have seen it several times, though I assume not to this degree.

According to this and several other articles, these NASA scientists feel they have only two conclusions to draw; parallel universe or a glitch!

They suggest that due to the behavior of this wind, the potential second universe runs time in reverse relative to us. I wonder if that means all their rules would be the opposite of ours?

What do you think? I'm no quantum surgeon, so I feel I can hardly say anything.

www.thesun.co.uk... rallel-universe-time-runs-backwards/

(It's been reported by several different papers if you have a preference.)
edit on 5/20/2020 by spite because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/20/2020 by spite because: syntax

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: spite

Glitch.
Or a false dichotomy. Maybe it's residue left by a TARDIS.

edit on 5/20/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

It would explain Cher.

*shrugs*

Just sayin'

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Pretty sure theres a theory that states at some point the 'anti matter' universe split from the....(matter?) universe, and in the anti matter universe time would flow backwards.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Glitch.
Or a false dichotomy. Maybe it's residue left by a TARDIS.

Yeah, not an expert but those all sound just as likely from the information given. You can see the suggestion that this would only be possible if the particles they observed changed into different particles and then changed back into their original form. I guess that's less plausible than a reverso-verse?

Hopefully more information comes of this soon, the oldest article I found was 2 days old.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Reverse neutrinos?🤔

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Captain, we are measuring a high retardon particle flux rift, dead ahead. What should we do?

Fire all phasers into the rift then full ahead.

(Two seconds pass and then the ship is destroyed by phaser fire from the rear.)

edit on 20/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Reverse neutrinos?🤔

Sonirtuen.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Why can't it be that some just managed to pass through the earth?

Seems more plausible than time travel however I'm sure they've looked at that.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Captain, we are measuring a high retardon particle flux rift, dead ahead. What should we do?

Fire all phasers into the rift then full ahead.

(Two seconds pass and then the ship is destroyed by phaser fire from the rear.)

Either that, or the circuits all fuse, probably drain the Dilithium Crystals too

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
Why can't it be that some just managed to pass through the earth?

Seems more plausible than time travel however I'm sure they've looked at that.

That's what I thought particles did. From all directions, seemingly coming up out of the ground.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So if a particle passed through the Earth, say the North Pole to the South Pole and just kept on going....would that run parallel to the rising balloon from the South Pole?

Kinda the old things continue on a straight line until they cannot sorta deal and the perspective of up or down really depends on which direction you are going when neither mass nor gravity has any effect on these particles.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yeah, probably a glitch. Maybe a thin spot between the universes letting through (reversed from our perspective) particles. But maybe, juuust maybe, someone left an ancient advanced machine on several miles beneath the ice?

Antarctica does keep popping up in the weird news sources, lately.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Remember the old joke about the paradox twins time traveling?

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

That's what I thought particles did.

Not all of them.
Neutrinos do though. One might think that this was considered though. It's sort of an obvious point.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: spite
What do you think? I'm no quantum surgeon, so I feel I can hardly say anything.

www.thesun.co.uk... rallel-universe-time-runs-backwards/
This sounds like the same topic that was discussed in one of my threads in October 2018 (it was in the news then too) where a PhD neutrino physicist (ErosA433) said one of his colleagues mentioned CCQE (Charged current quasi elastic scattering) was the answer:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can actually confirm that it is cool, but mundane. I was talking with a colleague over lunch and he mentioned a seminar (which I will attend in about an hour) discussing the MiniBooNe experiments final results, which show a hint for a sterile neutrino.

I remembered the above and said, hey do you remember that ANITA result, was it ever solved? And his answer was "Oh that thing? Yeah that keeps popping up in news outlets, but it was solved like... two years ago"

I asked "CCQE?"

The reply "Yep, pretty much."

So what that is is Charge current quasi elastic scattering, It is basically when a neutrino undergoes a W exchange with a nucleon and produces the partner lepton. This can occur anywhere in the ice, and is not guaranteed to be observed by icecube, but can be observed by ANITA if the interaction occurs at a shallow ice depth.

The nice part of this is that there was a follow up observation and there were events observed that can be tracked back to ice cube, and so you can see events in both detectors, that totally fit with the previous data set. What it proves, which is pretty cool is that there is PeV + source of neutrinos out there in the universe.

edit on 2020520 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Couldn't it just be the Polar Vortex sucking particles up into the air? I've heard it does some strange stuff.

Airplane spies gravity waves being sucked into Antarctica's polar vortex

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Benjamin Button World?

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

WEL if “science” say so
There are some pretty serious problems with that simple statement that would make explaining existence a little trickier

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Time is a human construct so it's probably less bizzarre than it looks like...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join