It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Study Finds INCREDIBLE Prophylaxis Results for Patients on Hydroxychloroquine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The Italian Society for Rheumatology studied 65,000 patients on longterm hydroxychloroquine for RA and Lupus.

Only 20 patients tested positive for COVID-19. No ICU, no deaths.

This is a 90% reduction in infection rate compared to the rest of Italy.t.co...

Here is the s tory which includes a link to the study.

So this one is pretty hard to deny. 90% better results than the rest of Italians, and on a very large sample.
None of the 20 who tested positive needed hospitalization.

So with info like this is anybody still going to call Trump crazy for taking HCQ?

Will info like this make the media change their tune?

+9 more 
posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Amazing!
No, I don't think that the media will change their tune. They prefer to lie and make stuff up. It is amazing to me how out of touch with reality the media is. I am sure most in this country will never hear about this study.
a reply to: proximo

+6 more 
posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
No. TDS is real and powerful, it leads the infected to ignore all truth no matter how much proof exists.

+2 more 
posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
My boss is 77 yrs old, take hydroxychloroquin for his rheumatic disease, and as a still active barber has never been sick other than light allergies, in the decade I have known him. Ancedotal, but it is a case I know of it working to ward of all colds and viruses.

+8 more 
posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   
My government (UK)is trying to bulk buy millions of tablets of the stuff,and they are not the only one-I think brazil are also buying loads of it.
www.msn.com... onavirus/ar-BB14mxWR

My guess is they know its effective,but don't want to say so in case it makes Trump look like he knows what hes talking about.
Which is a globally accepted crime it seems.
The Fauci guy is on record saying it works against coronavirus years ago-but now says its dangerous because Trump is taking it.
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

There is a very weird global groupthink thing going on when it comes to Trump-But guess what?You don't have to agree with everything he says,but its OK to agree when he makes sense.
I reckon if Trump said taking meth is dangerous,all the world leaders and his opponents who hate him would start trying to legalize "healthy meth".

+2 more 
posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

It's what many of us are talking about.

Those of us who have been to Africa (for whatever reason) and had to take a regiment of hydroxychloroquine afterwards.

None, that we are aware of, have gotten ill from this Covid crap.

link   
From April 28th.

Not really a study, but intriguing. A regional breakdown might be something to look at in regard to it.

There's also mention of another study in the article.

For now, in support of this "prophylaxis" effect, there is a recent publication, involving 211 people. It was published in the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents, the official body of the International Society of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. Of 211 people exposed to Covid19 positive individuals and subjected to prophylaxis with hydroxychloroquine, none were infected.

I'm trying to find that study.

edit on 5/20/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
link   
since Trump takes this, it's horrible for the left and they need to scream and be angry about it.
I'm not sure why other than Trump mentioned it might be something that looks promising, but either way, he's orange and bad, so this is bad.

I'd like to point out that currently the left is against going outside, finding a cure, and opening businesses back up. This is what stupid looks like.

I just heard Trump is all for taking deep breaths and NOT sticking your face in water while you do that. So please, for the sake of the presidency, DO NOT stick your face in water and try to inhale. Trump is just trying to help you.
edit on 20-5-2020 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You've been Trump Trolled (again Media). Maybe just accept he has better intel being the President than just about anyone on the planet and can troll at will. The drug has been reported to work well as a preventative measure early on. Why they want to die on this hill I have no idea. Just ignore him. When he does this he's throwing hooks in the water. They can't do it just like a shark can't resist blood.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The linked article in the OP is a comment on another speculative article, which is a comment on an academic paper, that was based on a case of 211 people, who had not been infected with the coronavirus after a period of 14 days. The people had been in the vicinity of those who did have exposure to the coronavirus but didn't catch it.

The Italian source article (title translated): Coronavirus, revealed how it works: that's why hydroxychloroquine could work

According to the paper, two people from the same group, who were similarly exposed and were also taking hydroxychloroquine, were identified as being infected after 14 days.

Here's the actual paper: Can post-exposure prophylaxis for COVID-19 be considered as an outbreak response strategy in long-term care hospitals?

This is a case of something akin to the game of 'Chinese whispers' and media spin combined.

edit on 20/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The only reference I can find to that "65,000" survey is in that interview of Annalisa Chiusolo, back in April. Nothing published, apparently, so it's hard to do much with it.

From that study involving 211 people (thanks for the link):

In this study, there were no additional confirmed cases among exposed patients and caregivers; however, it is not clear whether PEP was effective because there was no control group.

Randomized clinical studies are needed to evaluate whether PEP is an effective option for an outbreak response strategy against COVID-19 in LTCHs.
www.sciencedirect.com...

So I'll have to take a step back from "intriguing."

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The only reference I can find to that "65,000" survey is in that interview of Annalisa Chiusolo, back in April. Nothing published, apparently, so it's hard to do much with it.

So I'll have to take a step back from "intriguing."

Yeah, and I used Google Translate from the Italian, so I could be getting things totally wrong.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

There are various references to it to be found. But no published survey that I can find.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The drug is on the books as an anti malaria drug and since the 1950’s has been prescribed as such. Since many products are used “off label” it has been used in lupus and other complicated illnesses with great success. Any drug can produce adverse effects in individuals but it has been safely prescribed off label for many years.

My personal experience with this drug produced no adverse reactions for me and two tours in Afghanistan means a little over two years of daily use, and was mandated by General Orders under threat of non judicial punishment. I don’t know if any who suffered from any serious adverse reactions although some complained of stomach issues.

Of course this doesn’t mean there was no one who did have severe adverse reactions, just I did not know anyone personally who did out of a Brigade of individuals mandated to take it daily. It has been described in the press as a very dangerous drug, the drug is distributed by the World Health Organization for the prevention of malaria and hailed as a life saver and miracle drug before the COVID Pandemic.

The only thing that changed I am aware of is the President mentioned it based upon media reports of promising results against the virus in other countries. Any other Veterans out there that recall taking it as a preventative against malaria ? I might add it was distributed in mass without any screening by medical professionals because of its long safety record.

I don’t know if it helps or hurts with the Covid virus since there seems to be so many contradictions in the media about it but what is there to lose in at least trying to see if it really could be a preventative or a prophylactic ? It seems since Trump publicized it it has become more dangerous than street drugs. There are prescription meds out there that have warnings that it can cause an uncontrollable urge to gamble but is approved for use without the lengthy safety record that hydroxychloroquine has.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Not sure, but it could of been the anti-malaria drug we took in Vietnam every day.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Those of us who have been to Africa (for whatever reason) and had to take a regiment of hydroxychloroquine afterwards.

None, that we are aware of, have gotten ill from this Covid crap.

How many people is that?

I can't speak to the veracity of this, but:

Woman with lupus took hydroxychloroquine for 19 years, still got COVID-19

She said by mid-April though, she started feeling coronavirus symptoms.

"Weak all over. Coughing, fever. The fever was very high," Kim said. "It just went downhill from there. I couldn't breathe no more."

Kim said her primary doctor prescribed antibiotics, but her conditions worsened.

She said when she went to an urgent care days later, nurses said her oxygen saturation levels were at 78 percent, when they need to be at 95 percent or higher.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

Any drug can produce adverse effects in individuals but it has been safely prescribed off label for many years.
Under a doctor's care, yes. Trump is being well monitored, at the first sign to trouble the medication would stop. That's not the case if people go out and buy it "on the street."

The risk of problems is not great, but there is a risk.
Articles before 2019

So, without stronger evidence of its efficacy its administration should be carefully monitored.

Just because you, and no one you know had problems, doesn't mean no one will.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Thanks to the CDC, America is falling behind other nations in using Hydroxychloroquine and economic recovery. Soon, we'll be the "sh'it-hole" country.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thanks to the CDC, America is falling behind other nations in using Hydroxychloroquine and economic recovery.

Get your boogeymen straight.
The CDC has nothing to do with whether hydroxychloroquine is used.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Well I'm totally busted.

Guess you win the internet for refuting something totally anecdotal.

Well played.

Well played.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join