It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fricken neighbors!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I gots to get me a secluded country house.

I walk in my back yard and the neighbors dog to the east barks and barks...
I can literally hear this old lady say..go get him...
Ugh

The neighbor to the north has a little rat dog that won't let you pet it and it's always in my yard. She's been told repeatedly to leash the thing.

Little turds scattered in the yard, it ate the baby rabbits last year.. Wild rabbits not caged.
Barks all the damn time when I'm outside.

Then there's the real pain... The South neighbor.
His yard is tall enough to make hay.
He has a motor home sitting there with a bright blue tarp on top and I know it hasn't mover for three years.
He has a panel truck that looks like it's from a horror movie... No plate on it.
The weeds are amazing...
But no dogs so that's a bonus...
His mailbox is on the side street "we have corner houses.. And it sits inside a lovely blue 55 gallon plastic barrell on top of a pallet.... I have forgotten how many years now...
The broken down swimming pool filtration system is a lovely addition to the back yard atmosphere.

Before anyone asks, we are technically located in the County, outside of city limits so the cops can't really do much.

The dogs... I can live with.. It's just irritating.
Those neighbors are in their mid 80s so it's not likely to be a problem forever.

The other guy though... I should have built a taller fence.

Sorry...rant over...

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Why I like HOA's. Mine is fairly laid back but they will fine for uncut grass and out of control crap in the yard. They got my neighbor who I do like but can't have an RV in the front driveway. Rules are rules.

We also have some cool rules like you can drive ATV's, golf carts around, even horses. You can even have horses or whatever animals if you have a bigger lot. Can't do that with most HOA's.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I'm not even a lawn Nazi.
This just like a lack of common courtesy.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Someone needs a good fence. I dont like trashy yards either, I got a small yard but it's always neat.

But as far as the south neighbor goes you need bigger fence. I personally have no problem with people keeping anything they want in there yard so long as it's not stinking, loud, or causing me problems.

Hate bitchy neighbors!

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Its impossible to win sometimes but I hear you Bluntone22.

I like to wave and say hello when I see my neighbors. Rarely if ever do I get an acknowledgement.

I went over to new neighbors to introduce myself a couple weeks ago, knowing it would be awkward with a mask, distance etc. They basically starred at me through the door (I'm ok with that) as I offered the normal neighbor things, you ever need anything, pop by, I see you have kids, I do to - they like sports come on over whenever to throw the ball etc.

I've seen them 4 times since and never once have they acknowledged my hello.

Im going to keep doing it though. It makes it easier when I have to go over to their house in a couple of days with a bag of their dog crap that magically keeps appearing on my lawn.
edit on 20-5-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

They are all friendly...
Overly so honestly...lol
I try to keep an eye on the older ones.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

For the rat dog, sprinkle a 💩 load of cayenne pepper on the border of your yard.

1 or 2 containers from Costco should do the trick.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Good fences make good neighbors..

I only have one neighbor, this old dude, he has been mowing the lawn non-stop for two weeks now, with three different mowers, and all of them running all the time, even if he can only use one at a time.. so weird.

But who am i to judge. i have a hazmat suit and play with dead things in the backyard.

edit on 20-5-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Good fences make good neighbors..

I only have one neighbor, this old dude, he has been mowing the lawn non-stop for two weeks now, with three different mowers, and all of them running all the time, even if he can only use one at a time.. so weird.

But who am i to judge. i have a hazmat suit and play with dead things in the backyard.

I think you need to start a youtube channel documenting the guy while you are in your hazmat suit playing with dead things. I'd check it out.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
LOL
Try having a pheasant hunting farm, complete with 12-14 German shorthairs for breeding across the street.

After almost 20 years, we don't even notice them barking anymore.

But we live in the country, so we can do as we please.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

I have a fence in the back which hides most of the mess but it couldn't be higher than six foot.

I look out my window and see a big yellow RV.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
neighbour over the road has a yapping dog that she leaves in the garden all day, barking from 8am till 10pm, no consideration for anyone elses peace, its nice weather at the moment yet I dont want to open the window to hear its yapping.

In the bigger scheme of things its nothing but being at home under lockdown ( i usually work and am not at home during day) its now becoming grating !!!!!!

yap, yapp,yap,yap,yap

yapp, yap, yappp

yap,yap,yap,yap,yap,yappity yap
edit on 20-5-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

We live in an apartment and have been here for 6 years. Neighbor across from us is a real cool dude- friendly, usually quiet, sweet dog that barks a lot. Neighbor upstairs is the same except he likes to work out at home so there is the occasionally thump of dead weights on his floor, our ceiling. Neighbor cat-a-cornered from us fairly quiet except on Saturdays when his wife plays loud Latino music when she cleans- I'm cool with that and get my beebop on. Downstairs neighbor is fairly new and since she's working from home during lock down she is on the phone on her patio a lot and is a bit loud but she is so sweet nobody cares. We all get along with no issues. The other neighbors are all polite and quiet for the most part, at least in our building.

Now recently a new guy moved into the apartment next door. He doesn't speak to any of the rest of us though a few of us have tried. What he does do is literally yell into his phone any time he is home, usually out on his patio but his yelling is so loud it is plainly heard by everyone else inside or out even over the television or stereo. Even my husband who is one of the most laid back people you would ever meet gets ticked off at this guy and and yelled at him to keep it down. Good thing is he probably wont be here that long, young single guys never last because the rent is too much for them. We kind of have an unwritten pact around here that nobody calls the front office to complain about each other, at least in our building because most of us have been here a while.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My upstairs neighbors drive me batty. They tore out the carpet when they moved in and put in cheap laminate floor. They already had one brat when they moved in and now they have two. They are just constantly making sounds. Everything they do makes a sound down here.

They're always making banging and thumping and scraping and dragging sounds. When they're not doing that, it sounds like they're running in place for 30-45 minutes at a time. Which is annoying as all hell.

And then their little flippin brat is always running back and forth screaming like a chainsaw. This goes on from sunrise until midnight. There is not a minute out of the day when they're quiet. I can't even understand how anyone would even want to be moving around up there all the time like that. You'd think eventually they'd just sit down and watch TV or something.

I know the lockdown thing is going on but they were doing this before that. They're just stupid. Who moves a kid into an upstairs apartment and then has another kid on top of it all? If they want to make so much racket I don't know why they even want to live in an apartment at all.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There is no place better than 2 completely fenced in acres along a rural 2 lane highway with my nearest neighbor 1/2 mile north of me. My problem starts around 3 months before deer season and lasts into December. Deer hunters in the several camps near me make suckass neighbors.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

From my front bedroom window, i can see the house where William Shakespeare was born.

Not a bad view.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Heat and the current climate getting to you i imagine.

It's all good buddy, don't sweat the small things.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I read this as soon as you posted it. Immediately went out and started mowing! Your post filled my with such angst that I HAD to do something.

As someone who's been in this situation before, you may have to go over there and get permission to take care of it yourself. It's bull# for sure, but at this point you can wait for the world to turn or turn it yourself.

I also find that people with trash yards tend to be possessive of it, and don't like people taking cate of the problem. Even if they give permission, which is hard to obtain. By doing it raucously and more frequently than required, one can troll them into compliance. And you won't have to look at that #hole and say you did something about it. Be the miracle.

Not what you wanna hear, but I gotta try to help you solves this somehow. Otherwise I'm guilty of seeing a fire and doing nothing about it.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have a "neighbor from Hell" story that ends with a dead dog [ MASSIVE Pitbull and Rottweiler mix that he like to sic on people will keeping hold of the chain ] and an extremely pissed off neighbor.

I felt bad afterward. Wasn't the dogs' fault, but I couldn't shoot the a$$hole who actually deserved it.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

"Gotta keep the temps of the oil up to maximum viscosity and each start kills the engine a bit, it is like computers they need a lot of power to turn on, you can keep it on round the clock it is cheaper"-kind of wiseguy.

Had one as a neighbor.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join