It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

altCensored: Website Fights Censorship By Hosting Deleted YouTube Videos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Any thoughts on how this might affect increased attention re: Net Neutrality?

I mean, this IS David vs Goliath we're taking about

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Ooo, awesome! Thanks for the link. I've noticed that lately a lot of the vids I had saved to playlists have been removed. Really makes me wish I'd saved them to my harddrive.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Joe Rogan and the back story for ditching youtube is interesting and sad as youtube has pissed him off finally enough for him to make the move to Spotify (it is not all about the money).

Joe wanted to bring accredited Doctors and scientist that disagreed with the W.H.O. and youtube advised against it unless he wanted the videos banned.. There is a thread here at ATS saying if you disagree with the WHO you can and will be youtube banned. The rumor is some of the first guest at Spotify for Joe will be banned Alex Jones and Elon Musk. Believe what you will but this is what Alex Jones says about Joe Rogan going to war with youtube. Some ruff language for those with sensitive ears..banned.video... .

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
People need to read the fine print before they post up on youtube or any social media. Just like reading the T&Cs here on ATS. Look who owns your posts when you comment on a privately owned website, you might be surprised.

The naivete around here is astonishing!

That is a fair assessment, if the people and videos in question are using copyrighted material. It however doesn't explain why people of a differing political veiw get banned or limited for no reason other than having a different political viewpoint. It also doesn't explain how youtube monetized many "weedtubers" for years, using them to build their brand and increase traffic for their site for years more, then in the span of a month banned or blocked access to most if not all contributor videos. That to me is blatant censorship. If it was good enough before, what changed? And why now? It was always against the T&C and community guidelines, and yet they still allowed it on their site, they allowed the contributors to make money from them (while yahoo made a lot as well). It just didn't
(and still doesn't) make sense.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Any Russia. Polka vids

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

This is awesome and most welcome, so there is one clip from a 1965 movie where some German soldiers are singing in German. Banned and tagged as "offensive to some audiences" This wasn't some propaganda piece it was a major movie with Henry Fonda and Charles Bronson in it.

Whatever social justice warrior tagged this as offensive, is a pathetic fool that is going to always be upset with something they see and hear in life, imagine being that offended with everything including historical events....just sad.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I hope this starts a movement to remove Google's stranglehold on information. We need a Google-free internet, perhaps something like TOR on Linux so that Google can't break in.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

It's quite Simple Really . Spotify Will Not CENSOR Rogan over his Content . They Respect the First Amendment . FUTube is Gonna be a Dead Website Real SOON .........

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

It's quite Simple Really . Spotify Will Not CENSOR Rogan over his Content . They Respect the First Amendment . FUTube is Gonna be a Dead Website Real SOON .........

Is trump gonna kill it? I hope he tries! The backlash would be epic!

Google is also just getting stronger and building more data centers.

datacenterfrontier.com...
edit on 21-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Jones take on this ..........Censorship does not Pay ..........

tv.infowars.com...
edit on 21-5-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I hope they put up the R2D2's dialogue video from Star Wars. That was a fun one.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Thanks for this. I messaged the owner to create a back up on a few of my vids. Now if youtube deletes them they will appear on his website

Cheers mate! This is a Golden find!

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing, anything besides youtube is welcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join