It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Do a Little Math Here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: JIMC5499

Your state is not super unique either.
I'm absolutely disgusted as should everyone else who is looking at the facts!

I know and I agree with you.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I dont think you are "grokking" what some of us are saying here..

It looks like that is exactly what is happening, right here and now. Whether its intentional, across the board, is arguable.. but some real fishy policies and practices have happened that would have no other result.

Ive said it before, but if we take nursing home deaths out of the stats, just in general, the situation looks completely different.

The extent to which those numbers change in many, many places is quite disturbing.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The people in nursing homes are usually taking lots of medicines to help control them and are on meds to keep them from having dangerously high blood pressure. Many also are on low salt diets. Those things all increase your chance of a cytokine storm and or virus overload.

I do not have a solution, you cannot have those people in nursing homes wandering the halls and going into others rooms and they do not have enough staff to keep everyone from wandering where they are not supposed to be. If someone gets the virus it is easily transmitted. It is time to cleanse the population I guess, it is really going to knock down the income of these nursing homes if all their long term residents die.

Around here, only one nursing home has a bad problem with covid, the others have a few, but they can isolate them effectively. Also all the workers have to isolate at home when not at work, it is driving my neice crazy that she cannot go out at all. I hope they give these people a bonus for going through all the isolation they have to go through. Because even though they are opening up this area Finally a little, these workers still have to observe a stay at home total isolation practice because of their job. She is a very social girl, she is a singer in a band too, once the isolation is over she would like to return to singing again at the taverns and events....Oh yeah, what events, they have been all cancelled for the summer. Hopefully she does not go nuts from being stuck at home. Already all she seems to do is post pictures of her cat on Facebook, she has got pretty close to the cat now.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

I dont think you are "grokking" what some of us are saying here..

It looks like that is exactly what is happening, right here and now. Whether its intentional, across the board, is arguable.. but some real fishy policies and practices have happened that would have no other result.

Ive said it before, but if we take nursing home deaths out of the stats, just in general, the situation looks completely different.

The extent to which those numbers change in many, many places is quite disturbing.

The average sheep doesn't even know most of the deaths are actually nursing home patients. Here in IL, about 50% of the deaths have been tied to nursing homes. Across the entire spectrum of deaths, most are over 70 and have serious health issues.

The problem is the media and politicians keep presenting this as if healthy 30 year olds are out jogging on Monday, catch Covid and collapse dead by the weekend.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Putting aside the real suspicious stuff, and just examining the numbers:

I would expect mortality rates to be inherently higher in care facilities, as with the older age groups as a whole.

However.

I would not expect the raw numbers themselves to be so completely out of proportion with the general population of all age groups, in so many locations.

According to the 2010 census here (PDF, Page 50 Column 3), roughly 3% of the elderly population live in "nursing homes" (2010) and roughly a quarter in "assisted living."(1998..) The distinction between those appears to be that "assisted living" are considered individual households, while "nursing home" is what most of us probably think of, and refer to "group quarters."

Im not quite good enough to find more recent numbers.. And, like always, I could be mistaken in what Im reading. Regardless, it seems incredibly disproportionate, even considering vulnerability.
edit on 19-5-2020 by Serdgiam because: Emphasis

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:33 AM
link   

um where was your call for covid actions when tens of thousands were dying from the common flu, pneumonia, rsv and other virus in nursing homes.

because I know from my mother in law , grand parents and other relatives (all of that age passed away) that every flu season and when we had the mersa outbreak that they wanted us to stay home if sick , wear masks, wash hands ect .

so tell me why if someone died of influenza virus that it was ok to go about our business but with corvid WITH SIMILAR IF NOT SAME MORTALITY RATE we have to go police state?

seems your the insensitive jerk that only cares about a death if it is a specific disease that has political slant.

scrounger

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The stats given for Illinois and nursing homes given by the above poster is INCORRECT. The largest number is NOT to be found in nursing homes.

Our largest amount of deaths due to covid have occurred in the 40-59 year old age range.
2nd largest was the 30-39 age range.
3rd largest deaths were in the 20-29 age range.
4th largest is in the 60-69 age range.
5th largest is 70-80+
and the 6th are the under 20's age range.

Our total deaths to date is : 4,379
total confirmed pos tests are : 90,030

I can give you the race break down if needed...

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yesterday when I started this post, I used numbers from KDKA's website. At this time there was a banner across the top labeled "BREAKING NEWS:" stating "Latest Coronavirus Coverage, Pa. Health Dept. Announces 119 More Deaths, As Toll Climbs To 4,624"

This morning the same banner is STILL across the top of the site. It is misleading. Unless you have followed this closely you would think that 119 people died of the virus last night. These deaths occurred over several days, the Health Department just announced them yesterday.

That brings me to the Health Department it self. Every day around 2 PM they have a televised news briefing. They never announce the deaths that have occurred since their last briefing, they wait until they get a large number and then announce them all at one time.

If we could hook a generator up to be run off of the spin being generated over this virus, we could eliminate most electrical power plants.

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yesterday when I started this post, I used numbers from KDKA's website. At this time there was a banner across the top labeled "BREAKING NEWS:" stating "Latest Coronavirus Coverage, Pa. Health Dept. Announces 119 More Deaths, As Toll Climbs To 4,624"

This morning the same banner is STILL across the top of the site. It is misleading. Unless you have followed this closely you would think that 119 people died of the virus last night. These deaths occurred over several days, the Health Department just announced them yesterday.

That brings me to the Health Department it self. Every day around 2 PM they have a televised news briefing. They never announce the deaths that have occurred since their last briefing, they wait until they get a large number and then announce them all at one time.

If we could hook a generator up to be run off of the spin being generated over this virus, we could eliminate most electrical power plants.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join