It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 19. The majority of us are thinking this so why not say it

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

The COMMON FLU is a Coronavirus MINUS the Augmented 19 VERSION . Those Down with the Sickness in their Younger Years IF Healthy , have Not Much to Worry About . Each Individuals Personal Health Dictates Susceptibility to Possibly Contacting the Virus , but the FEAR FACTOR in that Possible Unknown is the Real Crime being Committed here Against Our Personal Liberties IMO ........

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: chr0naut

It is and was.

That's a cable news and newsletter talking point for the last few weeks. This site used to have some standards.

KEY WORD there being " USED TO " ........btw......

posted on May, 20 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Forced lockdown weakens the whole world’s ability to fight off this pandemic. (except Sweden)

Every experiment needs a control group for comparison.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Who are you and I to determine "herd immunity" is the way to go? We make the choice to sacrifice the elderly who built our countries, and the sick ones because we want "herd immunity"? something that might not even work in this case.

second of all, who are YOU for us to trust if you believe u are "healthy" to let u out? U might be infected and not show symptoms and think you're healthy, giving it to a bunch of people who die.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: tmpxvx

Here's a little secret for you.

The number of diseases, caused by viruses, that have been cured in Human history, ZERO.

Herd immunity is all we have. A vaccine is just a way of artificially inducing herd immunity.

posted on May, 21 2020 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Phage

The idea that if you don't test, no one is sick, is mind shatteringly stupid..even for Trump.

Apparently the concept that if you aren't sick, whether or not you have the virus is unimportant - to the one who has it but isn't sick.

Who the # are you to claim you have some kind of Right to know the viral status of everyone else?

Do you do the same thing for influenza A? B? H1N1? H5N1?

I have an idea...

Mind your own business.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You say you are for testing. I would be too first of all if I could get any reliable, factually supported, confirmable information out of anyone...but unfortunately all the information which is coming to us with trustworthy data is from doctors, coroners, and the likes who have each, to varying degrees, come forward with that data to say something or another is totally wrong here, fishy, or doesn't add up.

Tests being administered by the same entities that even the mainstream media points to and hasn't a single example of an outlet of theirs who has NOT admitted there is definitely some collusion, fishing of numbers, faked hospital scenes, false claims being circulated, etc. by those entities in some way shape or form. And more importantly, the very entities who are almost unstomachable obsessed with certain "additions" to the testing process..
Testing doesn't mean having a doctor perform some blood or saliva work and shaking it up in a vial of some chemical which, if there is a reaction, he will do his job as a doctor and, respecting HIPPA regulations of confidentiality and doctor patient sacred privilege going back to the days of Hippocrates. Testing means checking for an indirectly related natural bodily phenomenon, the vast majority of us would be very likely to have active in us, and then reporting that person's identity to a worldwide database and turning them over to the direct control of a government entity which has the power to detain indefinitely and as we have seen in multiple cases, even if complying with self isolation or asymptomatic, forced from home to a containment center or if escaping a center, arrested and returned, a criminal should you ever get outthe again.

Oh and the very people who aren't doctors nor do they have any right to be making any influence over anything in this whole fiasco other than, "I'm qualified because I marketed some software at an ideal time and monopolized the fastest growing industry in the world and made trillions, a hundred billion of my personal wealth."..well, that person is on record making comments left and right about making tagging people with implants or with substances readablenfrom satellites which will forever be in the bloodstream and even going as far as saying if there is no compliance, they can always include the tags in some other injection and do the process without anyone ever knowing before it is complete.

Suddenly, you can shove your testing up your....not you Phage, I agree with you in theory...I mean a guy who needs to be executed immediately...in my fictional scenario...you know. Ill give him a name, how about Phil Fencedoors. When the person involved in sticking me is a proponent of sticking me with whatever else he wants and if I refuse, being arrested and forced stuck....well, then that test is no longer ever gonna come near my white as snow blinding snow little buttcheeks.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
You can't compare the Corona virus to Spanish flu. The Corona virus is a blood pathogen slothing off cells in the lungs suffocating people. The Spanish flu was an influenza virus. H1N1 , but a different strain than the bird flu today. Lots of people have died the last five months around the globe very quickly. It's extremely contagious. Our densely over populated planet with mass transient made the disease spread everywhere instantly. The sick people were not staying at home. I heard an African American man aged 60+ coughing his lungs out like pneumonia at a gas station. The lock down protected well people from the sick disobedient / disrespectful people. It made it possible for the hospitals to help people. Bodies piled up less. When you feel like your rights were suspended to protect the old, fragile, compromised, middle aged, and the children.... You are right they were. You had the choice to back pack off into the wilderness away from society. The idea of keeping panic at a minimum to maintain a stable society was important. Being selfish during a global pandemic like China was, with letting their people spread it globally, is not an intelligent kind option. They are not Christians. They will probably burn in the hell from their bad selfish choices.
edit on 23-5-2020 by frugal because: Sp

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I think you're jumping the gun.

Herd immunity against the flu doesn't work it will evolve. Also your 1978 swine flu example is nothing more than a failed mass immunization attempt that had more than enough side effects.

I already know what herd immunity is tell me, since nearly every human on earth has a form of the herpes-simplex are we officially immune from it's effects?

No we're not.

Neither do humans have immunity against influenza viruses. I personally think it's far too soon to say we can have heard immunity against a fast evolving virus that we know little about.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

The number of diseases, caused by viruses, that have been cured in Human history, ZERO.

Small Pox.

Herd immunity is all we have. A vaccine is just a way of artificially inducing herd immunity.

Get back to me when the yearly flu shots eradicate all forms of the flu.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Great post.

Isn't the Spanish Flu still circulating the planet to this day?

EVERYONE is going to get this virus in some way, shape or form, eventually anyway.

The real crime was convincing people that staying home and six feet apart would keep them from contracting it, and it would die off miraculously out of existence.

This whole thing was overblown to hide the true plan of consolidating wealth and power; to separate the winners from the losers.

There were too many independent start-ups and small businesses competing with large corporations that don't want any competition at all.

That goes for the Federal Reserve as well. They are now the largest most powerful central bank in the world that isn't ours to control.

Not to mention the world-wide awakening that was gaining steam. Protests, inquiries, investigations and the revelations about the darkest secrets of the elite were coming to light.

The tipping point had been reached so the carpet was pulled out from beneath us.

The wave of independence was snuffed out with metered fear and dependency.

Just the way the powers that be want it to be, always.
⭐+🇺🇸

I couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Herd immunity against the flu doesn't work it will evolve.

It does work and has worked in the past. Do you think all the scientist are in cahoots and have been making that up for the last 100+years ?

Also your 1978 swine flu example is nothing more than a failed mass immunization attempt that had more than enough side effects.

I didn’t bring up the 1978 swine flu as a example. I brought up the 1957 Asian flu and the 1968 Hong Kong flu.

Yes I know of the complete and utter failure of the vaccination for the 1978 piggy flu. I lived through it .

I already know what herd immunity is tell me, since nearly every human on earth has a form of the herpes-simplex are we officially immune from it's effects?

Nothing is perfect we still have the common cold too.

Anyway

There’s some viruses and bacteria that the human body can’t naturally defeat on its best day. You can’t develop antibodies to prevent the spread (aka herd immunity)if you can’t make the antibodies.

There’s also infections like shingles. Where chickenpox lies dormant until it reactivates. But now we’ve got a vaccine so asked me in about 10 years.

Neither do humans have immunity against influenza viruses

Only through vaccination and that’s not 100% .

Like I said your body defeats the virus not medication . Viruses trick your body’s immune system into attacking and recognizing a weakened version of the virus. Which basically creates a blueprint for the immune system.

You do understand that natural heard immunity doesn’t make you immune don’t you? It helps block the path of transmission .

Neither do humans have immunity against influenza viruses.

Never said they do never said they will have natural immunity. Except through vaccination and that’s not 100% .

I personally think it’s far too soon to say we can have heard immunity against a fast evolving virus that we know little about.

There’s a point I agree on. It’s far too soon. One thing could speed it up though. *That would be lifting the lock down everywhere.

It’s not a fast evolving virus either. Scientist say it mutates at about half the rate of the common cold.

There’s only been one confirmed significant mutation and it was good news. The mutation prevented its ability to attach snd bind to a ACE2 receptor . In effect lowering the RO.

* Before we go there. Since February I’ve been advocating The most important action we can take is to protect the elderly . $53 billion was earmarked immediately for protecting citizens against Covid 19. A short while after that my position was that we should take the whole $53 billion and concentrated only on the people susceptible .

Then let anyone under 60 go back to work if they wanted to . If Trump would’ve initiated a similar plan. The $53 billion plus all the manpower concentrated on the 5% or so at risk .

Would’ve probably prevented the majority of the nursing home deaths .

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I had measles before there was a vaccine, and my father was a doctor so we talked about it. Because I had measles virus and survived I had acquired immunity and am immune from measles for life.

I also have had Herpes Simplex since high school. It behaves differently than other virus and just becomes dormant even though it is still in my body.

Also the virus that causes warts, apparently also dormant. Have I developed antibodies against them? I have no idea, but I live with them and understand that stress, diet or too much sun can bring them on, and that curcumin seems to help keep them dormant.

Other virus are defeated by the human immune system, and antibodies are produced.

It's the same process with Covid 19. The strong will survive and the weak will die.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I figure most of the victims of covid were senior citizens for a budgetary aspect...

Cull off "some" obligations to increase fiscal yield.

💰> better judgement practices

Sad state of affairs

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

One thing I’m sure of .

It was intentional .
edit on 31-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   
It would seem many people do not know their history regarding Pandemics, and some remarkable victories.

Check out U.S. Samoa and its response to the Spanish Flu.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   

August 4, 2022 QUARANTINE RETURNING TO 10 DAYS DURATION???

After mistakenly allowing President Biden to go back out into the world and infect others with Covid-19, the CDC is thinking about moving the quarantine period BACK TO 10 (or more) DAYS, from the current 5 days.

Source: www.marketwatch.com... cdc-guidelines-11659537252

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Herd immunity or community immunity is the way to go . ..

With the lock down like I alluded to it’s almost as if they’re setting us up for a second wave .

link   

originally posted by: hoooola

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Herd immunity or community immunity is the way to go . ..

With the lockdown like I alluded to it’s almost as if they’re setting us up for a second wave.

link   

originally posted by: Salander

I had measles before there was a vaccine, and my father was a doctor so we talked about it. Because I had measles virus and survived I had acquired immunity and am immune from measles for life.

I also have had Herpes Simplex since high school. It behaves differently than other virus and just becomes dormant even though it is still in my body.

Also the virus that causes warts, apparently also dormant. Have I developed antibodies against them? I have no idea, but I live with them and understand that stress, diet or too much sun can bring them on, and that curcumin seems to help keep them dormant.

Other virus are defeated by the human immune system, and antibodies are produced.

It's the same process with Covid 19. The strong will survive and the weak will die.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join