It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid 19. The majority of us are thinking this so why not say it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Testing testing 1 2 3.
Is this thing on?

Testing!
Find the sick and quarantine them yes.
By testing people.

We didn’t do that and here we are.
We are STILL working on testing. Not really implementing it enough.

Unless you work near the president. Then you run around with a thermometer up your rear and a swab up your nose constantly.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

No. No. No.
Testing is bad. There is too much testing. Testing is the problem.

When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases.

www.politico.com...

I'm kidding. I think testing is good. I think contact tracing is also good.

edit on 5/19/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I do too, but apparently them fighting words in these parts.
Heaven forbid we actually do something that is effective.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Tell me once more how ram's bladders may be employed in the prevention of earthquakes?

Which CDC/WHO procedural step is "blame someone"?

edit on 19/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Excellent thread, thanks Fallingdown...

originally posted by: chr0naut
Instead, the President said, repeatedly, that it wasn't happening or would simply go away.

And it would have if he had stayed the course and fought tooth and nail against the stupid shut down.

I understand why he relented, and it is possible (probable?) 'they' could have used the resulting inevitable deaths (with or without the shut down) to blame him - because there is no way to prove what would have happened either way - and enough may have fallen for it to prevent his re-election.

But I don't have to like it.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

You can be an asymptomatic carrier for up to two weeks.

Ahem...

You - and pretty much everyone not living in a bubble - will get exposed to this eventually.

PERIOD.

You cannot hide from it. So stop trying to convince yourself you can.

How on earth do you suggest they tell the difference.

No need. Just let the damn thing run its course.

Do you freak out and call for anyone walking around with a sniffle be forcibly quarantined?

GET A LIFE AND GROW A PAIR.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Testing!
Find the sick and quarantine them yes.

Have you ever called for the same thing for the flu?

If not, then just stop it.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

All President's since the Federal Reserve was founded have served the Feds agenda. Anyone who thinks this President is any different must have just awakened out of a time capsule predating the year 1913.

Winner winner chicken dinner!
This is the truth. The facts are there in plain sight.
If Kennedy had towed the line, he'd probably still be with us.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I don’t report anything I’m not a Democrat .

Your question was so silly about herd immunity I thought that was the sarcasm .

Are you intending on playing that silly little game where one respiratory virus is different from the other respiratory virus because of the word flu?’

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Contact tracing would’ve been a great idea in the beginning .

But that ship has sailed .

Approximately one in five people in New York City have been exposed to CV. That’s around 1.5 million people that data needs to be collected on . Times a low figure of 10 contacts that’s 150 million. It goes without saying that that is completely impossible .

Contact tracing is another tried-and-true method that they presented way too late.

But it sure makes people feel all warm and fuzzy inside now .
edit on 19-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Let me ask you a question .

After centuries of humanity applying the same norms to quarantine .

Don’t you find it at all suspicious that 1200 years later it was all changed just for this pandemic ?
edit on 19-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Excellent thread, thanks Fallingdown...

originally posted by: chr0naut
Instead, the President said, repeatedly, that it wasn't happening or would simply go away.

And it would have if he had stayed the course and fought tooth and nail against the stupid shut down.

How would preventing the shutdown have made the problem go away?

Definitely, the travel ban from only China didn't show up as a change in infection rates.

And there was the issue of the PPE shortages.

What did Trump do to actually coordinate the states, to spread resources to where they were needed, to implement immediate mass testing and isolation of the infected and potentially infected?

All of that should have happened on 'day one', in line with established epidemic preparedness plans.

Instead, there was a two month lag between the China travel ban and the declaration of national emergency, and all the time he was saying it would go away and wasn't a problem. He was quicker declaring emergency to get funding for his desert wall!

I understand why he relented, and it is possible (probable?) 'they' could have used the resulting inevitable deaths (with or without the shut down) to blame him - because there is no way to prove what would have happened either way - and enough may have fallen for it to prevent his re-election.

But I don't have to like it.

Other countries, with fewer resources, some of them third world countries, have dealt with the virus very well. America has more infected and more dead than any other country in the world.

If you look at the trajectory of the curve of infections, the US is still increasing. It isn't the time to drop responses to the virus in the US while tens of thousands per day are dying from it.

You guys need to test like crazy, isolate the known active infected and potentially infected, release those from quarantine for whom the virus has run its course, and trace contacts so that if someone is found to be infected, then the ones they have potentially infected can be contacted and tested.

It is all doable, it takes a little will and no denial.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

You can be an asymptomatic carrier for up to two weeks. How on earth do you suggest they tell the difference. I swear, it's like a potato learned to type and post here. We're pushing 3 months in and we don't even have readily available testing. You say isolating healthy people like you can tell the difference. How do your parents know you don't have it? Would you rather we lock them up since they're more susceptible, even though they've done nothing to deserve it... so a few jackholes can have a beer?

Thing is that we've locked EVERYONE up - your parents, you, healthy, sick - makes no difference. We're all being locked up.

That cannot continue.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

If you look at the trajectory of the curve of infections, the US is still increasing
Incorrect. The daily rate of both confirmed and estimated infections has been on a slow (and somewhat bumpy) decline since early April, for the nation as a whole (different states have different statistics). There was a slight uptick over the past week.
covid19.healthdata.org...

Given sufficient testing, some locations are nearing or are in a situation where containment may be an effective strategy. If undertaken with caution. Some, far from it.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Let me ask you a question .

After centuries of all of humanity applying the same norms to quarantine .

Don’t you find it at all suspicious that 2000 years later that was all changed just for this pandemic ?

What was changed? Nothing was changed except that the top guy said that it wasn't a problem, that it was an opposition plot, that it wasn't happening, and that it would go away - he said those things for months, while the accumulated death rate climbed.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: spacedoubt

No. No. No.
Testing is bad. There is too much testing. Testing is the problem.

When you test, you have a case. When you test, you find something is wrong with people. If we didn’t do any testing, we would have very few cases.

www.politico.com...

Consented contact tracing is good, tracing because they can with cell phone data is illegal (well until we all consent to passing a law for the betterment of humanity...)

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

tracing because they can with cell phone data is illegal

Yes. That would be problematic. Is that being done?

I think I'm safe, in any case.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

If you look at the trajectory of the curve of infections, the US is still increasing
Incorrect. The daily rate of both confirmed and estimated infections has been on a slow (and somewhat bumpy) decline since early April, for the nation as a whole (different states have different statistics). There was a slight uptick over the past week.
covid19.healthdata.org...

Given sufficient testing, some locations are nearing or are in a situation where containment may be an effective strategy. If undertaken with caution. Some, far from it.

While there has been a downward trend in new daily infections, it is very small.

When you look at total numbers of infections since the middle of March, the growth in accumulated numbers is nearly linear. Many countries have flattened that off, entirely.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yes. I said there has a been a slow (and bumpy) decline since early April.

Your statement was incorrect.

When you look at total numbers of infections since the middle of March, the growth in accumulated numbers is nearly linear.
Yes, because the daily rate is a small fraction of the accumulated number of infections so doesn't not appear well on a chart, proportionately. But the daily rate is just that, the daily change in number of new positive (or estimated) cases. It has been in a slow (and bumpy) decline since early April. On a nationwide basis. This is not true of every state.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You can be an asymptomatic carrier for up to two weeks. How on earth do you suggest they tell the difference. I swear, it's like a potato learned to type and post here. We're pushing 3 months in and we don't even have readily available testing. You say isolating healthy people like you can tell the difference. How do your parents know you don't have it? Would you rather we lock them up since they're more susceptible, even though they've done nothing to deserve it... so a few jackholes can have a beer?

LOL, it's like you don't even listen to yourself.

Here, I'll help;

You say isolating healthy people like you can tell the difference. How do your parents know you don't have it? Would you rather we lock them up since they're more susceptible, even though they've done nothing to deserve it

Um, yes. If they are the ones who might die from exposure, then why would we lock up everyone? So as not to hurt some folks feelz?

You need to rethink your station in life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join