It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is starlink/Project Blue beam connected?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Look I'm not saying that this is a thing, but... I've just been watching a YouTube video going on about Project Blue Beam.

It does seem fantastical but then it shows you holograms being used in various "entertainment" settings and venues and I've got to say they are convincing. Then it goes on to mention they'd do this by using hundreds of tiny satalites to "Project" the holograms...

Erm.. I thought hold on a minute ain't starlink hundreds of tiny satalites.. šŸ§šŸ‘¾ Food for thought. šŸ˜Ž

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DiddyC

Apparently you don't know how actual holograms are created.
Those things you see in "entertainment" settings are not holograms. They are this, a quite old and simple trick.

www.comsol.com...

So unless there's a big sheet of glass in the sky, and you're above it, no. Starlink is not going to be projecting images.

Actual holograms, as produced by lasers, also require a sort of "screen". A holographic plate, actually, which the viewer looks through in order to see the 3D image.
www.holographer.com...
edit on 5/18/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I thought the Starlink was to link up with the 5G net work, to zap us

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Starlink, all things to all people. To some, it's the Swiss army knife of bad things in orbit.

It would be easier to project advertisements on the dark part of the moon with lasers on Earth.

edit on 5 18 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Apparently you don't know how actual holograms are created.
Those things you see in "entertainment" settings are not holograms. They are this, a quite old and simple trick.

www.comsol.com...

So unless there's a big sheet of glass in the sky, and you're above it, no. Starlink is not going to be projecting images.

Actual holograms, as produced by lasers, also require a sort of "screen". A holographic plate, actually, which the viewer looks through in order to see the 3D image.
www.holographer.com...

No sheet needed
Hearing Is Seeing: Sound Waves Create a 3-D Display

These speakers emit patterns of sound waves in the ultrasonic rangeā€”too high for the human ear to pick upā€”which sets up vibrations in the air that manipulate a plastic sphere slightly smaller than a sesame seed.

As the bead flies around in programmed patterns, the researchers project changing colors onto it. ā€œWe illuminate that levitated particle using RGB LEDsā€”red, green, blueā€”so we can control the color of the scattering light,ā€ Hirayama says.

phenomenon is known as persistence of vision. The same principle enables a visual trick often seen on the Fourth of July, when the glowing head of a sparkler appears to trace golden outlines as one moves it through the night air

Sounds illuminating
edit on 18-5-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

Neat.
So it wiggles a tiny piece of plastic around and you shine a light on the plastic. Groovy. Not a hologram though. And I don't think you're going to accomplish acoustic levitation from space, or anywhere but inside an acoustic chamber.

science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Can anything good come from a sudden swarm of bushwacker ambush satelites taking the high ground real sneakylike

at the time of the end of the epoch with the heralded nwo appearing....

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Neat.
So it wiggles a tiny piece of plastic around and you shine a light on the plastic. Groovy. Not a hologram though. And I don't think you're going to accomplish acoustic levitation from space, or anywhere but inside an acoustic chamber.

science.howstuffworks.com...

Where does it say it needs a sound chamber.

This article has a video that shows no sound chamber.
A Crazy Levitating Display, Made With Particles and Projectors

Are there sound waves in space?
edit on 18-5-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Please read the link I posted then look at the 2:05 point of the video.

Not really. No.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I think starlink has the potential to change the world in a very positive way.

Internet anywhere has many valuable applications.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Common knowledge since at least the 70s:

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Please read the link I posted then look at the 2:05 point of the video.

Not really. No.

I see, when you said chamber I was thinking a container or enclosed space.

Still it looks like they just need to send the signal from unit to unit, with plenty of open space. Take that frame from the video and expand it. Borrowing from the Op, Thatā€™s why there are so many satellites from star link.

IDK, where there is a will there is a way.
Is there a will? Perhaps, jury is out on that for me. I havenā€™t really looked into it.
Is there a way? Probably more than we known, but Sounds like we have some killer tech heading our way.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Thatā€™s why there are so many satellites from star link.

Acoustic levitation requires very powerful sound waves to levitate even very small particles.
Acoustic levitation requires sound.
Satellites are in space.
There is no sound in space.

But forget the technology. The whole concept of "Project Blue Beam" is just stupid.
rationalwiki.org...

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I think starlink has the potential to change the world in a very positive way.

Internet anywhere has many valuable applications.

Yes, you can watch youtube, use watsap and facebook anywhere and ignore the real world and actual people around you.

Insular. Perfect social distancing.

I have always been saddened by the rows of people paying attention to their screens, kids especially. And people who never even look out of public transport windows (or at eachother) to enjoy their voyage however large or small.

Absolutely pathetic examples of devolving human spirit.
edit on 18/5/2020 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Common knowledge since at least the 70s:

SA Actually Recorded Sound In Space, And Itā€™s Absolutely Chilling

Now yes, space is a virtual vacuum. However, sound does exist in the form of electromagnetic vibrations that pulsate in similar wavelengths.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Electromagnetic radiation is not sound.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Iā€™m just following links here. Iā€™m not trying to challenge you, just posting whatā€™s out there.
There Actually Is Sound in Outer Space

About 250 million light years away, at the center of a cluster of thousands of galaxies, a supermassive black hole is humming to itself in the deepest note the universe has ever heard (as far as we know). The note is a B-flat, about 57 octaves below middle C, which is about a million billion times deeper than the lowest frequency sound we can hear (yes, thatā€™s an actual number from actual scientists).

We know this because in 2003, NASAā€™s Chandra X-ray space telescope spotted a pattern in the gas that fills the Perseus Cluster: concentric rings of light and dark, like ripples in a pond. Astrophysicists say those ripples are the traces of incredibly low frequency sound waves; the brighter rings are the peaks of waves, where thereā€™s the greatest pressure on the gas. The darker rings are the troughs of the sound waves, where the pressure is lower.

So are they talking about electromagnetic radiation (like sound waves) or real sound waves?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

They are talking about compression waves in gas clouds, technically "sound" (of absurdly long wavelength), but not really "space." I knew of this, that's why when I first answered your question I said "No. Not really."

And it is an entirely different phenomenon from what your original quote is talking about.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Gotcha, so no busking on the moon.

posted on May, 19 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
No one not thought about the trumpet sounds around the world are a test of range for blue beam?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join