It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Admits He Takes Hydroxycloroquine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Out of the blue...in a Press conference, today...and while answering a question...President Trump admitted he has been taking Hydroxychloroquine as a preventative for a week or so.

He said he asked the WH doctor about it...and was told he could try it if he wanted to.

Interesting development.

PLEASE READ:
THIS IS NOT THE MUD PIT

edit on Tue May 19 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

+8 more 
posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

**not to be confused with fish tank cleaner folks - don't be that guy.

The left will now introduce a Bill banning Hydroxycloroquine.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Yep, President Trump said during today's press briefing that he's been taking a hydroxychloroquine pill every day for the past several weeks.

www.independent.co.uk...

The talking heads in the media are going ballistic!

huge huge news!

(post by Southern Guardian removed for political trolling and baiting)
+17 more 
posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I've already known it's safe. My son has taken it for foreign travel.
No problems.

I like a President willing to lead by example.
I'd be willing to bet plenty of Dems are also taking it as a preventative...but don't dare admit it.

+2 more 
posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Now we know why he was unconcerned about wearing a mask during pressers...

Respectfully,
~meathead

+14 more 
posted on May, 18 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
oh this is gonna be good.

please please please go take hydrox in troves. please please anyone who voted for Trump please take it as preventative medicine..

+1 more 
posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Trump THINKS he's taking it. They're probably giving him placebo. I don't believe for a minute that any doctor would give the President of the United States, who has a heart condition, an experimental drug that has been known to cause heart problems.

(post by odzeandennz removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Out of the blue...in a Press conference, today...and while answering a question...President Trump admitted he has been taking Hydroxychloroquine as a preventative for a week or so.

He said he asked the WH doctor about it...and was told he could try it if he wanted to.

Interesting development.

Maybe he's telling the truth for once, but this is questionable. Hydroxychloroquine is a prescription medication; you have to get a doctor to prescribe it. It is still legal, as I understand it, for a doctor to prescribe the stuff off-label, including for COVID19, even though the clinical trials showed no efficacy for treating COVID19.

However, it seems to me that if a doctor was going to prescribe it, the doctor would have to prescribe it for SOME medical condition, of some kind. Trump doesn't have any medical condition that we know of for which Hydroxychloroquine could be prescribed, either on-label or off label. That would seem to imply that the doctor is prescribing it like candy pills simply to make Trump stop worrying and shut up. I have to wonder if that is medically ethical?

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Trumps taking a page out of Gerald Ford’s playbook .

Ford got a vaccination on national TV .

Trump is basically doing the same thing with Hydroxychloroquine.

Hopefully they’re probably not going to turn out the same .

+3 more 
posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Hopefully they’re probably not going to turn out the same .

Let's hope not! The vaccine that Gerald Ford took was found to cause neurological damage, and was removed from the market.

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- The man who led the response to the 1976 swine flu outbreak is defending the vaccination campaign that led to more deaths than the disease, but says he's sorry for the people killed or sickened.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 18-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I would have thought with the Man's extended age, diet, and weight issues, Hydroxychloroquine might induce or exasperate any undiagnosed heart problems.

Also, Hydroxychloroquine suppresses the immune system so there is that to consider.

Guess his Doctor knows what he's doing.

And good luck to him all the same, i really hope Hydroxychloroquine turns out to help prevent or fight off COVID 19.
edit on 18-5-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Considering the cases that have popped up it makes sense if he believes in its ability to help at the early stages to take it because the odds of him being exposed are decent.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The WH Physician knows what he's doing.

Doctors sometimes prescribe a placebo because the patient insists on taking some type of medication. Although it might sometimes be a case of simply giving the patient what he or she wants, doctors who prescribe placebos for this reason are more likely to decide that giving the patient nothing would be more harmful.

That's the gist of the placebo effect. It's what happens when a person takes a medication that he or she perceives will help, although it actually has no proven therapeutic effect for his or her particular condition. The medicine or treatment itself is known as a placebo, from Latin for "I will please."

science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Trump THINKS he's taking it. They're probably giving him placebo. I don't believe for a minute that any doctor would give the President of the United States, who has a heart condition, an experimental drug that has been known to cause heart problems.

NOT experimental.

posted on May, 18 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Cool, source for the doc giving a placebo or are you just assuming?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join