It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One In 20 Covid Patients Experience Long-Term On-Off Symptoms For Months

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This has been coming up more often recently. It appears many Covid patients cannot shake it and it lingers for weeks and months. I was surprised that there were still quite a few Diamond Princess passengers who still have symptoms and test positive. Figures, China's "gain in function inserts" on this virus is working in ever new and interesting ways.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

'Weird as hell’: the Covid-19 patients who have symptoms for months

www.theguardian.com...

There is growing evidence that the virus causes a far greater array of symptoms than was previously understood. And that its effects can be agonisingly prolonged: in Garner’s case for more than seven weeks. The professor at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine says his experience of Covid-19 featured a new and disturbing symptom every day, akin to an “advent calendar”.

He had a muggy head, upset stomach, tinnitus, pins and needles, breathlessness, dizziness and arthritis in the hands. Each time Garner thought he was getting better the illness roared back

According to the latest research, about one in 20 Covid patients experience long-term on-off symptoms. It’s unclear whether long-term means two months, or three or longer. The best parallel is dengue fever, Garner suggests – a “ghastly” viral infection of the lymph nodes which he also contracted. “Dengue comes and goes. It’s like driving around with a handbrake on for six to nine months.”

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The article was missing a key word — Hypochondriacs

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

He had a muggy head, upset stomach, tinnitus, pins and needles, breathlessness, dizziness and arthritis in the hands. Each time Garner thought he was getting better the illness roared back

All of those and I would like to add a loss of smell, came back but now it is almost gone again after weeks of being fine.
Sudden pains that feel almost like a bee sting in various parts of the body but no bump redness orr anything and it goes away
fast. Extreme fatigue can be there an hour and gone on and off. On and off again day to day even hour to hour pain if walking up stairs in the knees.

No fun

+2 more 
posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I was hospitalised last week with a pulmonary embolism, and during my time I was told that the CT scan of my lungs revealed an area of approximately 40% of my left lung exhibits scarring of the sort seen with Covid patients. I also had what seemed to be a lingering infection, so with antibiotics & blood thinners I am now back home.

I had been breathless on exertion for around 4 weeks prior to hospitalisation, and at the start of that time I had experienced what appeared to be a mild throat/sinus infection which lasted approx 36 hours as noticeable symptoms. Remarkably, nobody else in my household got sick either back then or now, and so if I did have Covid-19 it was very fortunate that I didn't pass it on. I was coughing up blood for three days before I got to the hospital, Lucky to be alive, as the saying goes..

But now, this damage to my left lung is very apparent, because I am finding it quite hard to breathe comfortably, and there is pain in my left lung in the lower half, exactly where they said. So I purchased a blood oxygen & pulse monitor, and it's consistently showing me that my blood oxygen saturation is low, between 88-94%, typically around 90-93% I don't know what this means in terms of how the oxygen deprivation may affect me longer term, but the area of scarring (or some other obstruction) will be assessed in the respiratory illness clinic as an outpatient. Because I have been a heavy user of vape e-cigs in the last five years, I may have caused something like COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). The vape liquid saturates the lungs & apparently made mine prone to infection, so perhaps Covid-19, or some other malady, has been caused by this saturation of the lung. I am of course doing everything I can to reduce & ultimately quit the e-cigs, but having been a smoer of normal cigs, then e-cigs, for over 25 years, I have concerns that it may be a bit late to do anything about whatever I've caused myself. Hoping of course that 'the big C' isn't involved, but of course that can't be ruled out until I've had further tests. Treadmill every day to protect against another deep vein thrombosis incident (that's what leads to pulmonary embolism, when the blood clot breaks up & travels in the bloodstream to the lungs).

They say that a health scare makes you reappraise your goals, habits, perspective & so on - and it's absolutely true. I had been very concentrated on trying to launch a business, but now I've eased back (though still working at it) & I'm spending time with my family, reading scripture, joining in prayer meetings & so on. It feels like the wake up call that I wish I'd had fifteen years ago! I'm trusting God that this has happened to give me the opportunity to change, and to refocus my priorities. I'm just about over the fear that came with it, but I had a couple of very scary moments in the hospital, and it's now very apparent that I need to get my head & heart in line, so I can lead my family through the difficult patch we're in.

Love one another. That's the greatest thing we can ever hope to achieve.
Be kind to everyone. Trust God, work hard, be a good friend. Volunteer to help others. (& so on!)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Pretty much everything is being ascribed to The Virus.. But Im becoming increasingly convinced something else is going on, and Im not so sure its an infectious disease either.

Im not sure exactly what that is, but not many are looking beyond SARS-CoV-2/covid.. Much less beyond infectious diseases.

Conspiracy site and all that

ETA: Been having circulatory issues for months. Got a throwaway diagnosis and never had any symptoms associated with the Rona. I do live in a relatively majpr metro area. Pretty well isolated for years though, due to being disabled.
edit on 16-5-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I agree!

It seems we are at a crossroads in medicine. Our inability to describe this virus after months of global research suggests that we are looking at the problem wrong.

I think we are at a similar point as the incorporation of Einsteinium Physics over Newtonian Physics... but with viral theories. Germ Theory is no longer adequate to describe what is happening at the retrovirus scale, and we need new models to contextualise what is happening.

Aspects of Bechamps Cellular theory, and the concept of the Terrain could provide an avenue to this.

I prefer the base concepts of the theory too... increase health to treat disease, rather than fortify defenses... makes an inherent sense to me.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere
My own suspicion is that it is a confluence of events that have been building and they just reached a tipping point. Maybe precipitated by The Virus.. But there seems enough of a disconnect there to make me question it beyond being "a" factor, rather than "the" factor.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I suppose that fits with me too.

We thought we all had it in January, and I went through a bought of weezing/asthma like coughing again in March. It was weird, but I thought it was just because I'd had the respiratory symptoms in January and they had aggravated the asthma. It happens sometimes.

I'm clear again now with no real allergies or asthma or anything. Which is normal for spring.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I lost my sense of smell and taste years ago and at this point that is just between you and I! Also had lung issues because of vaping, but again, that's just between you and I!

So I understand where you are coming from.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Pretty much everything is being ascribed to The Virus.. But Im becoming increasingly convinced something else is going on, and Im not so sure its an infectious disease either.

Im not sure exactly what that is, but not many are looking beyond SARS-CoV-2/covid.. Much less beyond infectious diseases.

Conspiracy site and all that

ETA: Been having circulatory issues for months. Got a throwaway diagnosis and never had any symptoms associated with the Rona. I do live in a relatively majpr metro area. Pretty well isolated for years though, due to being disabled.

Yes I thought it may be something triggered. Does anyone remember back when they told us we could be given real illness through our computers? Long time ago before phones were so updated.

There IS something real though not hypochondria, because I lost my sense of smell the first time and told my whole Family how odd it was weeks before they told us that could be a symptom. I had already been ill with a cough for a long time swollen glands headache, dizzy spells and a list of odd things. After the loss of smell I later had fever lasted one day and broke during that night.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
It is very common to have varying levels of symptoms for months after pneumonia; this isn't new nor is it alarming. It takes quite a while for your lungs to fully recover.

I had walking pneumonia once; seemed to take forever to feel right again.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

It started in about Jan for me, with what appeared to be pretty damn severe allergies and just progressed from there. I dont really get seasonal allergies, and thought it a bit early.. But stranger things have happened.

A bit of shortness of breath, but not much. Eventually went into some pretty odd lightheadedness, not really dizziness though.

My veins started to bulge a bit maybe 6-8 weeks ago, with some pretty severe discomfort. The lightheadedness moved into just.. Kind of oddness. Tough to describe. But was associated with what felt like heart palpitations (felt like little adrenaline rushes, but not at all pleasant).

Went to doctors several weeks ago, blood tests all came back normal (direct bilirubin was a wee bit high), BP was only slightly elevated. The called it Guillain-Barre, but since I didnt have nerve pain.. It was "totally benign" and "come back in six months to a year for more blood tests."

During this time, I was doing pretty extensive research into immune systems in general (because, whatever is going on sucks and without "covid related symptoms," its tough to get a hold of a doctor).

Lots of trial and error there, but what tends to help most is Vit C, serrapeptase&nattokinase, and anything that helps with general immune modulation (turmeric tea). Not a doctor, etc. Etc.

Ive also learned to avoid wireless tech as much as possible (tough in a city..) because that seemed to make things worse. Also avoid any extreme emotions one direction or another, because thatll kick things off too. There are three times during the day where if its going to get bad that day, that is when it will happen.. regardless of me shifting anything around (sleep schedule, meals, activity, etc.) About 11:00am-1:00pm, around 5:00pm and then again around 10:00pm-12:00am, mountain time. Pretty damn consistent.

Have a lot to say about it, really
But a lot of the stuff kept overlapping with The Virus too, which is interesting.

ETA: Things have gotten quite a bit better, overall, but that only began when I started taking Vit C, and was within 20m of taking it. As opposed to months of deterioriation prior..
ETAdos: Activity *helps*.. But cant overdo it. No real fatigue at any point, maybe even more energy than usual. Still cant wear restricting clothing (socks/underwear
), and no one else in the house has issues.
edit on 16-5-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Quite a bit of more recent research has been done with regards to general EMFs and the immune system, but it is quite tricky to look into.

Even on duckduckgo, the difference in results between "emf sensitivity" and "electromagnetic fields immune system" is pretty vast.

Lots still just laugh at it, and the publicity that the more "out there" theories about 5g generated hasnt helped.

I definitely have started to limit my use of anything the communicates wirelessly, as that seems to be an issue for me. Hard to escape entirely where I live.. I do believe this is one of the factors at play though.

For me.. never had a fever, no loss of sense of smell/taste, no cough.

That said, even just in this factor.. Something that makes the immune system go wonky can present in a lot of ways for each person. Cytokine responses can be incredibly, incredibly varied (just like allergies can vary) and I assume the same would be true for things like calcineurin issues. They are very general, widespread processes, so if they go awry its probably going to have as many similarities as differences.

In terms of general modern medical approaches, such things would probably just illicit confusion and a plethora of different syndromes and diagnoses.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Annnnd just one more, then Ill stop talking about it;

The factors I believe are at play here, which are completely obfuscated by trying to shove into into the explanation of a single virus.. Many of which will continue.

1) A novel virus
2) EMFs (natural or artificial)
3) Flu Vaccines
4) Pollution
5) High stress levels and extreme emotional states
7) General immune systems being compromised over years, exacerbated by lockdowns and mass disinfecting
8) Lots of organizations and groups trying to profit and push agendas (like Agenda 21)
9) A medical paradigm perhaps designed as much for profit as healing, at the *educational level* (rather than any debate about socialized vs privatized, etc)

The interplay between all of these factors, and the relentless push to view everything in terms of The Virus.. Has led to such high levels of confusion and lack of direction that.. well.. here we are.

Could be wrong, of course.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
More fear mongering BS.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Whenever I have an infection of any kind, the lymph nodes in my neck swell, at least one does.

I pretty much habitually feel them daily if I'm being a hypochondriac because my throat is sore from too much smoking the night before, or if I'm feeling fatigued from rough or too little sleep.

I'm hoping covid-19 would have the same effect on them considering they swell to fight any infection of any kind, right?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

No one cares; it’s not an issue..... embrace science and truths NOT MSM 👍

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   
A lot of people around here have had a cold/flu like disease, not the flu they test for though, and it hangs on for many months getting a little better and worse. This has been a complaint for two years now and the doctors have just told them that it is some stubborn virus going around. How long has this covid virus actually been around here is my question?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Long term side-effects are common after "recovery" from quite a few illnesses. Covid-19 is just the latest addition.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join