It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump vows to strip radical left of total control over social media

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
a reply to: DBCowboy

You apparently don't care about what 'leftist' even means either. But hey, have fun with the hyper-partisan promotion of an authoritarian fascist government taking control of private enterprise.

You obviously have a reading comprehension issue.

I'm against this move as my first post stating, "You don't fight censorship with censorship".

But I wouldn't expect you to have the ability to think critically, or objectivly.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: trollz

First off how is a private company running their propriety with a left wing bias illegal?

2ed, the government needs to keep out of how private business choose to run their propriety.

You are saying it’s perfectly acceptable for a bakery owner to refuse service to people whose lifestyle he disagrees with

If he doesn’t want to bake a cake for a gay couple, then according to you, he can refuse them service

Nice. But I don’t think the hateful left will agree with that premise at all

A private business owner operating a business as he sees fit: the exact opposite of leftist ideals right there

A private company operating with right wing ideals must be shut down and the owner jailed.

Leftists and their hateful beliefs are the biggest threat facing western civilisation today
edit on 16 5 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

2ed, the government needs to keep out of how private business choose to run their propriety.

Again, I thought it was a basic tenet of the Libertarian Right to oppose governement intervention in almost everything and to champion individual rights etc yet here we have them passionately supporting government suppression and censorship and restricting the alleged sacred Freedom of Speech enshrined in The Constitution they usually so passionately support.

Why?

I really hate saying this but.....only in America.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

What kind of authoritarian results do you want?

trump could arrest the owners because he doesn't like their politics. would that make you happy?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

You are saying it’s perfectly acceptable for a bakery owner to refuse service to people whose lifestyle he disagrees with

Yes. absolutely.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

What kind of authoritarian results do you want?

trump could arrest the owners because he doesn't like their politics. would that make you happy?

Where did I say I wanted them arrested?

I will put it to you like this, obviously you and I don't see eye to eye politically. Let's try for a moment to leave politics out our thought process.

Right now, what you believe is able to be spewed across internet land without worrying about being cancelled. Yet you, because of your political belief, are a cheerleader for the censorship of people who don't agree with your politics.

Would you be arguing with me if it was you who was being censored?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Many of these corporations receive federal funding through tax breaks/government subsidies/bailouts or do business with the federal government & therefore are bound to constitutional law. If corporations refuse to support free speech, then these corporations must pay back all tax breaks subsidies/bailouts & stop doing business with government.
edit on 16-5-2020 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
“There should be a world wide platform where all people share whatever it is they want to share. The platform should be dominating and have such a reach that any competition don’t stand a chance”

“If any person on this site speaks negatively about left wing ideology they should be banned and removed”

“Any and all right wing views should be banned and removed”

What a great future they’re building. FASCISM

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

because of your political belief, are a cheerleader for the censorship of people who don't agree with your politics.

You have no idea what my political beliefs are.

Right now, what you believe is able to be spewed across internet land without worrying about being cancelled.

freedom of speech and freedom of private companies to do what they like with their property.

Would you be arguing with me if it was you who was being censored?

Yes. Because they have the right to censored me all they want. A private business does not owe me time on their platforms.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Where did I say I wanted them arrested?

But you do want the potus to force a private business to do the things that your party wants them to do?
my interpretation of the constitution is that the freedom of speech was not made to enforce laws on private business practices.

And if the next dem potus wants to interfere with how right wing business is ran. What then?

edit on 16-5-2020 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
No fan of the Dems but State censorship of opposing parties in the run up to an election, smells like pure Fascism to me.

'You are free to do and say what the State propaganda and censorship deems acceptable'

Probably Trump being a thicko and the White House will walk it back ASAP as it goes against pretty much everything in democracy and free markets.
edit on 16-5-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Did you guys like it when the government forced a cake maker to make cakes for people they didn't want to make them for?

This is the same thing. Government sticking their noise into private business.

If ats deletes a post is it a violation of free speech?
When my boss doesn't allow me to say swear words while at work is that a violation of my rights?
I personally don't thing swear words are a bad thing. But my boss does and it's his property I'm on.

Hell my job doesn't allow political speech of any kind while at work. Can I sue them for taking away my rights?
They force me to say yes sir and no sir to customers. That's not the words I choose to use. I sure hope a potus comes in and forces my boss to do what I want.
Because after all these companies owe me. I'm am guaranteed a platform on facebook to say whatever I like.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
That will happen as soon as all the right wing talk radio shows offer equal time to left wing shows.

This was just another unhinged rant that will go nowhere

Typical Orange man rant

link   
... jesus, this thread is ridiculous. Here's an abstract of some scrawlings on the subject of MSM and MM.

Muslim Brotherhood infiltrated the top tiers of US government during Obama admin. Trump was NOT the Brotherhood's choice, as Hillary was already being handled by Huma. When she lost, Obama oversaw the creation of a political/media machine designed to subvert Trump's presidency. Enter Clown Circus of the past 3 years.

Mass media is co-opted by US Intelligence (CNN is full of CIA as example), and social media was constructed under their watchful eye (DARPA if memory serves.) Google is intimate with US intel. VERY intimate. So if M Bro's infiltrated US intel, then they've successfully co-opted the media platforms (minus Hollywood, which is China's.)

3 years later, M Bro's control has been largely broken, but the "left" MSM continues the crusade to dethrone Trump. But we know that US intel gives them marching orders, yet leaves their ideology alone. M bro's created a splinter cell that still operates and is the TRUE source of the insurrection against Trump.

So when he says what the OP contains, do you think he is talking to the "radical left" or to these rogue cells that still control the media? Who ARE radical leftists, in the most real sense. "Radical Leftists" citizens have no control over social media, obviously. How can he be talking to them, then?

Both the "Left" and "Right" are glass echo chambers of emotion. I suggest taking a few scary steps out of these mental prisons, as the emotions projected by these chambers (each containing millions of people) overwhelm the ability to distinguish between one's own emotions and all the emotion being crammed down the throat. Which is why both sides act so illogically.

Regain control of emotional body so one can be emotional, yet rational. Then one can go back in, with their own head on. Or walk away and think for yourself. But the remarks on ATS, from both sides, have become so asinine of late as to having an effect of stifling any true debate. Which plays into the hands of those who want us divided and afraid. And stupid. Ignorant of rational truths.

That is all.

Edit: Forgot to add key bit of information. Muslim Brotherhood DID infiltrate our government. As Trump removed these infiltrators, other radical left splinter cells filled the power vacuum. These are the cells that already controlled MSM. So It'd be better to state that M bro's in the above tirade is a placeholder for these cells.
edit on 16-5-2020 by WorldUnderCeej because: Placeholder

link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
“There should be a world wide platform where all people share whatever it is they want to share. The platform should be dominating and have such a reach that any competition don’t stand a chance”

“If any person on this site speaks negatively about left wing ideology they should be banned and removed”

“Any and all right wing views should be banned and removed”

What a great future they’re building. FASCISM

Word!

They think politics is their friend. What they don't realize is that these so called public servants only care about 2 things, money and power.

It's like talking to a brick wall.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I just read this as:
"federal government seeks to alter news to suit their agenda"

...so, lets pretend this was coming out 6 years ago...would every one of you cheerleaders still be waving their pom poms?

Competition is needed, not intervention.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Can you imagine the absolute outrage if a democrat considered meddling in private enterprise with even a hint of censorship. Obama would have been lynched.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Can you imagine the absolute outrage if a democrat considered meddling in private enterprise with even a hint of censorship. Obama would have been lynched.

Kamala Harris said on the TVs that she wanted Trumps twitter account suspended.

"Here we have Donald Trump, who has 65 million Twitter followers and is using that platform as the president of the United States to openly intimidate witnesses, to threaten witnesses, to obstruct justice, and he and his account should be taken down,” Harris said. She pointed to the manifesto released by the mass shooter at an El Paso, Texas, Walmart in August, which mirrored some of the president’s rhetoric about immigrants.

Vox

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

“The Christian baker HAS TO bake a cake for a gay wedding”

Literally EVERY single dEmocrat and leftist on earth

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

So in your opinion Corporations have the freedom beyond our government?

What if you wanted your voice to be heard and you said nothing wrong, yet you got your account banned by that Corporation?

Would you be upset? You would! So what would you do. Change your belief and opinion so you would be ALLOWED to speak, or fight to be able to speak your beliefs?

The ONLY reason you are supporting those "evil corporations" which I hear quite often from your camp is because they are censoring people who you do not agree with.

Even though I don't agree with you? I would normally fight against any corporation who tried to suppress your ability to speak your mind. However, I must say due to your dishonesty and tyrannical censorship? I am relishing the day that you are not allowed to speak your mind. Do you get that? This is the dangerous slippery slope you are supporting. I can't wait to hear you cry that some evil corporation shut you down.

It's people like you who allow tyranny to survive.

edit on 16-5-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join