It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Passes $3 Trillion, 1,815-Page Coronavirus Bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage
500 billion for states. It should be a loan and not a giveaway. These people are beyond nuts.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

It's not even a thing. It's the Dem wishlist and brand-signalling bill to their donors in the run up to the election.

It has to go to the senate (and they have their own ideas). It won't pass the senate in its current form (or at all).

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

The bad part about this is, it will pass the senate.

The pols will "negotiate" and cut this, trim that, and instead of a 3 trillion dollar bill, it'll be a 2.9 trillion dollar bill and Trump will sign it.

He already signed the previous one.

What we're seeing is the Cloward-Piven Strategy.

The Cloward–Piven strategy is a political strategy outlined in 1966 by American sociologists and political activists Richard Cloward and Frances Fox Piven that called for overloading the U.S. public welfare system in order to precipitate a crisis that would lead to a replacement of the welfare system with "a guaranteed annual income and thus an end to poverty".[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
seems to me, When you have an extraordinary number of pages, this is done to confuse and hide. No Bill should have more than 25 pages..... !

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If anyone, including maybe Mr. Trump, can get the WHO to ditch that Tedros guy, and get some competent leadership, then maybe that is the bargaining strategy to offer back partial funding. One can hope.

There is a need for an organization 'like' the WHO, it is just that we need a COMPETENT one that does the job it is supposed to do.

The WHO most recently tried to cover up this pandemic at the start. The guilty should be punished for not only failing to do their 'job', but for exacerbating the early spread of COVID-19 by coddling the Chinese Communist Party. BIGTIME FAIL.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Really not surprising about Trump flip-flopping on funding the WHO. Less than two weeks ago I read an article about the US being among seven countries that just signed a contract with one of those companies that make health passports cards. I can't find the article now (done a whole lot of reading lately) but besides the US I remember Italy, Spain, Canada, and Mexico for certain- and also remember that Germany, Russia and China were NOT on the list. For a guy who says vaccines wont be mandatory why would he sign a contract for these cards?

I didn't vote for Trump last time (I was a Gary Johnson fan) but planned on voting for him this time. I gave him a chance and was happy with what he was doing for our economy. Now I am beginning to question whether he is bending the knee to the globalists just like the rest of them.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

For real. The problem is the guild demands a cut of every transaction on both ends. Hence, legalease/legalspeak; a thieves cant created so that everyone needs an expensive translator for every transaction/exchange they engage in.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The amount of bloat in this bill is staggering.

If it were truly geared towards helping those that clearly need help, it wouldn't have more pages than a fiscal spending proposal.

I agree with DB in that some form of this bill is going to pass, that is assured.

Too many people are settling into their 3 to 6 month paid sabbaticals and are now "excited" about another round of free money to do absolutely nothing.

Then there are those that are completely wiped out and have nothing left but a hat in hand.

"The New Normal", awesome isn't it? 🙄

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Ummm...President Trump was a perfect choice for the economic side of the equation...pre-COVID-19...

What’s abundantly clear...however...is that a business tycoon is not a good fit for a pandemic...or long term disaster scenario...

You can’t negotiate yourself...out of contagion...and weighing death counts...against the economy...is the plight of fools...and the selfishly uncaring...

YouSir

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Of course.... completely predicted by Mad Mitch 45 days ago.. They want a federal bailout of all the Liberal FAILURES that have bankrupted all the Dem states. this is the same as the impeachment vote... its worth nothing. You got policted!!!

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
2 trillion floated the economy for 3 weeks...
3 trillion should last us a month...

How long will people believe in the value of a dollar when the federal reserve materializes trillions out of thin air?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You don't play Poker or Chess, or any other game of strategy, do you?

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

dem states are gambling on this passing otherwise they are going to gut school and health care funding in there states in hopes of being able to pin it on trump
calmatters.org...

How does a liberal, blue-state governor take on the unappealing task of slashing the budget? By shifting a lot of the pressure to the federal government. In revising California’s budget down to $203 billion today, Gov. Gavin Newsom charted a plan to fill a huge deficit by tying many cuts to additional federal aid. If the feds come through with $1 trillion for state and local governments that Newsom and other Democratic governors have requested, California would not reduce funding to schools, colleges, parks, child care, health care and other programs. “The President of the United States, with a stroke of the pen, could provide support for Nancy Pelosi’s new Heroes Act and these cuts could be eliminated,” Newsom said, as he presented his proposal to close a $54 billion deficit brought on by record job losses during the coronavirus pandemic. It’s a strategic, if risky, course as Newsom heads into a sprint of budget negotiations with state lawmakers over the next four weeks.
and with the senate and trump not likely to acquiesce to them things could get bad in ca 10% cuts in healthcare and school funding and potential for in ca at least to have to lay off 33k teacher's

www.wsj.com... NY doing the same but apparently not as severe as ca

and that is just the schools as some states stay locked down longer and keep banning evictions were setting our selves up for another pretty bad economic situation when the landlords in the bigger states all try to collect that rent that has been withheld with evictions banned what will the tenants that have been living pay check to paycheck do when suddenly 2-4 months of rent is all due at once? either be evicted for non payment or some landlords may just decide to sell properties and get out of the game . my buddy in ca has been loosing 50k a month for his 4 apartment complexes and various rental homes he owns and operates and he anticipates he can only go another month before seriously getting hurt by economic loses and it seems a good deal of tenants may find themselves either looking for new rentals with evictions on their credit reports or add to homeless populations in various states

www.washingtonpost.com...

Instead, a large Texas-based mortgage-collection firm called Mr. Cooper said Catalanotto could defer his monthly payments temporarily but would have to pay it all back in one lump sum. “It could be $8,000 to $10,000 by then. How do you come up with that if you’ve been out of work?” he said. While aggressive federal and state intervention and temporary corporate measures have prevented a surge in evictions and foreclosures, the housing and rental market has fallen into a severe crisis that threatens the ability of millions of Americans to stay in their homes even if the coronavirus pandemic eases in the coming months.
depending on state and cost of rent/mortgage payments the stimulus check's/unemployment benefits would have either saved your butt or just been a drop in the bucket . and with 3.8 million home owners using the delay in mortgage payments from corona aid packages the housing crisis is likely to explode unless the economy can bounce back and bounce back hard

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com... on WHO funding ,it seems hes only gonna give 10% of what we previously gave matching chinese contributions to the organization

"That is why I've decided the United States will continue to partner and work with the WHO ..." it adds. "China owes a massive debt to the entire world, and it can start with paying its fair share to the WHO." Previous U.S. funding of the WHO amounted to about $400 million per year. If the U.S. does match China's contributions, the new funding level will be about one-tenth of that amount. "If China increases its funding to the WHO," the letter adds, "we will consider matching those increases."

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

Justin Haskins: $3T coronavirus relief bill passed by House Dems funds most radical programs in US history

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., has acknowledged that the HEROES (Health and Economic Recovery Omnibus Emergency Solutions) Act will not become law, but said it can be the basis for negotiations with Senate Republicans and the Trump administration.

Oh like I said in the past... shoot to the moon and negotiate lower.

www.foxnews.com...[/q uote]

The Republican Senate could divvy up the proposal to 50 different readers and high lite those areas that seemed blatantly a problem from the Republican standpoint. Probably a line item edit and counter proposal (the Republicans would want their authorship credited for the counter proposal).

In the meantime the media will be reporting a stimulus package that almost everybody has a chance of benefiting from possibly being voted into law. So good for US moral for possibly months of debate regardless of what actually gets voted into law. It might end up being decided in the November election.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Yes, regularly.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Well, by House logic, I guess that means they just passed a new bill

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Everything about this market for the last 20 odd years has been artificially inflated to the gills. Perhaps it's time to reprice it all back to fair market value.

California's cost of living across the board is absolutely ridiculous and you're right, folks that could barely afford it before are DEFINITELY NOT going to be able weather this storm as the precipitation increases to flood levels.

A bailout is nothing but a band-aid on top of a festering wound that will never heal because the root problem is not being addressed.

Those in the know knew this wasn't sustainable and yet they are trying to go about it like business as usual.

We need to take the hit, learn our freaking lesson and deal with the fallout.

Otherwise the debt bubble will burst and from there it's over.......and in a very, very, VERY bad way.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Any chance POTUS can veto this?

Yes, but they WILL negotiate before trying to pass it completely. Theyll hem and haw and waste time.. and blame the republicans for it not getting to the people sooner. They have nothing to lose by adding weird crap into it.

posted on May, 16 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Heres how much of a Pub I am. A real conservative. Give my Wife and I our stimulus $s and give my Wife the heroes act money she deserves. And then give us 4 more years of Trump. Dont ever try to pigeonhole me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join