It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps says US could sever all ties with China

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Only reason I may be "triggerd" is the fact you are ignoring most of my points to fit your beliefs.

Your points ignore reality.

Look at China. They had a full lockdown, and they recovered quickly, which meant their economy did not suffer like what we are seeing in the UK and America.

So, while China was having a full lockdown, Trump was mocking the virus with his Tweets.

So you would have welded people inside their homes? That's how China did the "full lockdown." We don't know how many died from hunger or lack of medical care. If that's your solution, no thanks... I'll take my chances with the super-cold.

North Korea had almost no cases, probably because they (according to reports) had an even stricter lockdown. If anyone was deemed to be contaminated, their entire family was executed... just to be safe. Just because something works, it does not always follow it is the best course of action.

You might also want to remember that, as far as the rest of the world knew at the time, there was little to no risk of the Wuhan virus spreading outside of China. China did not tell us it was communicable until later... they actually told the WHO (who dutifully played the part of parrot) that there was no indication of human to human transmission.

Gee, thanks China!

It was Jan 30th when China expanded the lockdown beyond Wuhan to the entire province of Hubei. And this is the date WHO declared a global health emergency.

And the following day, Trump implemented a travel ban from China, and was lambasted for it. Recall that this virus was spreading in China since late 2019.

And now you are pushing 100 thousand deaths. The worst hit country in the world. Of course if the lockdown was introduced ealier, more lives would have been saved.

And we would likely have realized the extent of the danger had China not withheld vital information.

Would not be able to handle all the minions and people comparing me to Jesus, Moses and Noah!

More like Hitler, Mussolini, and Stalin.

You seem to think that a President can just do whatever he wants when he wants how he wants to who he wants. Nope. Even the President has limitations on his power, and I for one am damn glad he does. You're thinking Emperor, dictator, or King. That's what China has: an Emperor. He wields almost unlimited power inside China.

That includes the power to silence researchers in order to hide information that might be embarrassing.

Yes, I have something to say about them. They are idiots who now have blood on their hands. Any person lying and playing down the virus who are in the public eye have blood on their hands.

Well, at least you're agreeing with me there. The difference is that Cuomo had the authority to lock down New York (or at least thinks he does now) while Trump had no such authority. Oh, yes, and while all this was going on, Andrew Cuomo was forcing, by power of law forcing, nursing homes to accept patients who were known to be infected and infectious. About half of the New York deaths (and remember New York was the hardest hit state and accounts for a substantial number of the US deaths) came from nursing homes having to follow Cuomo's mandate.

There's your blood on the hands, if you simply want to discount China's actions. That is a direct action that purposely took the lives of thousands for no good reason. It's not a tweet, it's not a suggestion, it was a forced policy that went against everything known at the time and was told to Cuomo by the very institutions he was forcing these patients into!

You are not listening, and I do not think you ever will, so pretty pointless really, so this is my last post on this. I have given you more than enough evidence, but you just do not listen.

Oh, I'm listening... I can't seem to stop listening. It's like watching a train wreck simulation. I can't turn away.

You refuse to place any blame whatsoever on China for actually releasing the virus and then withholding information until it was already spreading across the globe. You refuse to even accept the WHO's complicity with China in covering up the virus in the first place. You didn't even mention Cuomo and his direct murderous actions concerning nursing homes until I pointed it out. You think Donald Trump has unlimited powers as President. You absolutely refuse to accept that everything you are saying is based on hindsight, which was not reality at the time due to China's actions.

I place blame where blame lies, not where it is convenient for me to place to place it. Could any of our Western leaders done better? Hell yes! But did they have the information needed to know what to do at the time? In most cases, no, and in a few cases, yes. And yes, I will defend Trump where he is being falsely accused of something beyond his control... I will defend anyone who is attacked thusly. I authored a thread praising Cuomo early in this situation, because I felt he was taking the needed approach and he was being demonized elsewhere... of course, that was before the extent of his actions became common knowledge. Now I am condemning him for those actions.

If you think you get a pass over demonizing anyone, you're sorely mistaken.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

So you would have welded people inside their homes? That's how China did the "full lockdown." We don't know how many died from hunger or lack of medical care. If that's your solution, no thanks... I'll take my chances with the super-cold

Even though I do not agree with welding people into their homes, it worked! Oh, and their is no cases of people starving to death, as they were all given food and medicine, so I do not know where you got "people dying from hunger" rubbish.

But it worked. But it was not just that. There were strict rules put in place (Not everyone was welded in) people had to wear face masks when outside, hundreds of people were disinfecting the streets.

If they did not take such extreme measures, the death toll would have been worse than what we are seeing in America.

North Korea had almost no cases, probably because they (according to reports) had an even stricter lockdown. If anyone was deemed to be contaminated, their entire family was executed... just to be safe. Just because something works, it does not always follow it is the best course of action.

There is a difference between killing people with the virus and their families too, and welding people into their homes, but making sure they have what they need.

You might also want to remember that, as far as the rest of the world knew at the time, there was little to no risk of the Wuhan virus spreading outside of China. China did not tell us it was communicable until later... they actually told the WHO (who dutifully played the part of parrot) that there was no indication of human to human transmission.

Gee, thanks China!

You keep on saying this, but completly ignoring my points. Why was Trump mocking the virus, and not taking the virus seriously when it hit America?

We all knew about the virus then, so why was he mocking it and not taking it seriously?

And the following day, Trump implemented a travel ban from China, and was lambasted for it. Recall that this virus was spreading in China since late 2019.

What was the point in the travel ban when weeks after that ban, he was mocking the virus and not taking it seriously?

More like Hitler, Mussolini, and Stalin.

Trump is a complete moron, but he is not a Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin.

And we would likely have realized the extent of the danger had China not withheld vital information.

Like talking to a brick wall! Trump was mocking and not taking the virus seriously well into February. After we knew how dangerous it was, and how it spreaded.

You seem to think that a President can just do whatever he wants when he wants how he wants to who he wants. Nope. Even the President has limitations on his power, and I for one am damn glad he does. You're thinking Emperor, dictator, or King. That's what China has: an Emperor. He wields almost unlimited power inside China.

That includes the power to silence researchers in order to hide information that might be embarrassing.

What the he'll are you talking about? We are talking about how he obviously did not take the virus seriously, and ignored advice given to him about it. This is not about the power he has, it's about how he, himself messed up on this one.

Well, at least you're agreeing with me there. The difference is that Cuomo had the authority to lock down New York (or at least thinks he does now) while Trump had no such authority. Oh, yes, and while all this was going on, Andrew Cuomo was forcing, by power of law forcing, nursing homes to accept patients who were known to be infected and infectious. About half of the New York deaths (and remember New York was the hardest hit state and accounts for a substantial number of the US deaths) came from nursing homes having to follow Cuomo's mandate.

No matter, who they are, if they messed up on this, then they have blood on their hands including trump. But you absolutly refuse to admit this, even though I have posted more than enough evidence that he did not take it seriously.

Oh, I'm listening... I can't seem to stop listening. It's like watching a train wreck simulation. I can't turn away.

Seriously? You have pretty much ignored the replies you cannot answer, then move on to other questions because you cannot answer. This is a train wreck for you.

But you and Lord Trump have one thing in common. You both refuse to admit you are wrong.

You refuse to place any blame whatsoever on China for actually releasing the virus and then withholding information until it was already spreading across the globe.

Where have I refused to blame China? This is about how your government handled the virus in America, not how China handled the virus in America.

You refuse to even accept the WHO's complicity with China in covering up the virus in the first place. You didn't even mention Cuomo and his direct murderous actions concerning nursing homes until I pointed it out.

See, you are shifting again. You keep on doing that. I said earlier in this thread that in due cause, if the WHO made huge mistakes, then there will be an investigation. Not once did I say WHO are innocent in all this.

You didn't even mention Cuomo and his direct murderous actions concerning nursing homes until I pointed it out.

And what did I say about that again?

You think Donald Trump has unlimited powers as President. 

Again, what did I say that? Why are you lying?

You absolutely refuse to accept that everything you are saying is based on hindsight, which was not reality at the time due to China's actions.

Seriously, you are not listening. You keep ignoring my points, and post the same thing over and over again.

I place blame where blame lies, not where it is convenient for me to place to place it. Could any of our Western leaders done better? Hell yes! But did they have the information needed to know what to do at the time? In most cases, no, and in a few cases, yes.

When Trump was sending out his tweets mocking the virus and not taking it seriously, we all knew what the virus was, so what was Trumps excuse for being an idiot?

I will defend Trump where he is being falsely accused of something beyond his control... I will defend anyone who is attacked thusly.

I have a feeling you will defend Trump no matter what. Even if the evidence is staring you in the face that he made huge mistakes. You try and find excuses for his mistakes.

You said he sent out those ridiculous tweets and was mocking the virus and not taking the virus seriously, to not concern the "American people"

I authored a thread praising Cuomo early in this situation, because I felt he was taking the needed approach and he was being demonized elsewhere... of course, that was before the extent of his actions became common knowledge. Now I am condemning him for those actions.

Well done! Yet you cannot do the trump for trump, who obviously made huge mistakes regarding the virus. You will never admit trump was wrong.

If you think you get a pass over demonizing anyone, you're sorely mistaken.

I have backed up everything I said with the tweets he made, and the timeline. That Prove a he made mistakes and ignored important advice.

Carry on believing that Lord Trump is innocent in all this. I am done with this thread. Nothing worse debating with a trump worshiper.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Even though I do not agree with welding people into their homes, it worked!

Now you're scaring me! You actually openly agree with herding people like cattle?

We will never agree on this. Read the gif in my mini-profile:
    When opportunity knocks, you open the door.
    When ignorance knocks, you close the door.
    When tyranny knocks, you shoot through the door.
    The trick is knowing who's knocking.
You are openly advocating for tyranny.

There is a difference between killing people with the virus and their families too, and welding people into their homes, but making sure they have what they need.

The only difference is in the whims of those in charge. If they can sequester you in your home over a suspected infection, they can kill you over a suspected infection. At that point, you are no longer a free man; you become property of the state, to do with as they see fit.

You keep on saying this, but completly ignoring my points. Why was Trump mocking the virus, and not taking the virus seriously when it hit America?

I've already told you why; you ignored it. I also pointed out what Trump actually did (as opposed to what he said), as soon as the virus was known to be dangerous; you ignored that as well.

What was the point in the travel ban when weeks after that ban, he was mocking the virus and not taking it seriously?

Quite a bit. Assume for the moment that Trump had said we're all going to die and left the air lanes open... how did that work out for Italy?

Actions over words.

Trump is a complete moron, but he is not a Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin.

Wow, are you confused! I was comparing the actions YOU said you would take to those of Hitler, Mussolini, and Stalin. You sound just like them! The good of the state comes first, and to hell with the people... they're only there to serve the state.

What the he'll are you talking about? We are talking about how he obviously did not take the virus seriously, and ignored advice given to him about it. This is not about the power he has, it's about how he, himself messed up on this one.

When you expect him to take actions he does not have the power to take, yes, it is indeed about the limits on his power. Why didn't you do the things you claimed he should have done? Why didn't you lock people in their homes a week earlier? Why didn't you demand social distancing before there were enough cases to count on one's fingers and toes?

Because you didn't have the power to do so!

Neither did Donald Trump. So if you want to blame him, you can also blame yourself, me, and every other person on the face of the planet; we all had as much power to do what you wanted done as he did.

So I guess now some of that blood is on your hands too.

But you and Lord Trump have one thing in common. You both refuse to admit you are wrong.

First of all, Donald Trump is my President, not my Lord, not my King, not my Emperor. He does not own me (the definition of "Lord" is "Owner").

Secondly, history, not just me, has now called you a liar. I have been proven wrong on many things, and every time I have accepted my error and moved on a little wiser than before.

You should try it some time.

Where have I refused to blame China? This is about how your government handled the virus in America, not how China handled the virus in America.

Ummm... the entire thread?

The subject of the thread is not how poor a job Trump did in January and February... the title, in case you missed it, is "Trumps says US could sever all ties with China." We just got off on a related tangent. That does not mean the title changed.

I am not even convinced Trump has the authority to sever all ties with another country outside a Congressional Declaration of War. He can restrict trade and sever diplomatic ties; maybe that is what he was talking about. The trade restrictions are my main concern and my reason for engaging in the thread; I have projects that I am still designing on that require high-purity iron foil, and that is only available at this time (at least for anything approaching a reasonable cost) from... China!

See, you are shifting again. You keep on doing that. I said earlier in this thread that in due cause, if the WHO made huge mistakes, then there will be an investigation. Not once did I say WHO are innocent in all this.

Oh, so the WHO should be investigated? I actually agree with that. I just don't agree that Trump should be drawn and quartered for less mistakes than the WHO obviously made.

Trump's actions were based on the WHO recommendations. His tweets were based on his desire to keep people from panicking.

Again, what did I say that? Why are you lying?

You claimed that Donald Trump should have done things outside his Constitutional authority. That means you expect him to have unlimited power, since the only limit on his powers (or on any government official's power) is the Constitution.

I have a feeling you will defend Trump no matter what. Even if the evidence is staring you in the face that he made huge mistakes. You try and find excuses for his mistakes.

You said he sent out those ridiculous tweets and was mocking the virus and not taking the virus seriously, to not concern the "American people"

I will defend him when his actions are defensible. I will call him out when they are not (I have done so in the past... not often, but the situation has not presented itself very often). The word I used was that he didn't want to panic the people. I said nothing about concern. Get your words right.

Well done! Yet you cannot do the trump for trump, who obviously made huge mistakes regarding the virus.

When did Trump place known contagious people in with high-risk populations? He actually was responsible for the quarantines (actual quarantines, not this quasi-semi-wannabe excuse for a quarantine) when they returned from China.

Do you even know what a quarantine is? Under quarantine, there is no going to get food, no contact with the uninfected whatsoever. It is used to ensure that a deadly disease does not spread... not some disease that is only deadly in a small percentage of the cases. It's the most extreme measure that can be taken, requiring those under quarantine to be held in locations that are completely isolated from the rest of the public.

Since the "quarantine" applies to everyone, there can be no quarantine by definition. There is no one assumed uninfected to isolate people from.

I have backed up everything I said with the tweets he made, and the timeline. That Prove a he made mistakes and ignored important advice.

Again, words are not actions. Show me the actions he made mistakes in. Come on, you can do it! China actively withheld information from the WHO and several of the whistleblowers have disappeared. That's action. The WHO refused to investigate for themselves and instead chose to take China's word for everything. That's action. Cuomo forced infected patients in with high-risk populations. That's action. I don't give a flying crap off a scared rat's rear about words.

TheRedneck

<< 11  12  13   >>

join