It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid-19 Has your opinion changed about it over the course of the outbreak?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Most of the world heard about novel corona virus in December of 2019. At first it seemed like the prevailing attitudes were anything from, "This is some kind of a joke," to, "Holy sh1t!"

At the very beginning it seemed as though most people were highly suspect of the information we were receiving from China. Its no secret China does not like news stories that make them appear weak or in some way less advanced than other world powers. The idea of losing face, of being embarrassed on the international stage, is simply not acceptable.

I first had serious doubts about the numbers when China said they were quarantining Wuhan, millions of people, because at that time they had approximately 1,000 cases. 1,000 cases is nothing to laugh about but quarantining an entire city, millions of people? It seemed disproportionate to say the least. My gut was telling me it was probably ten times that at the very least, but of course there was no proof to be had.

Then the virus started to travel - as we all knew it eventually would. But the way it showed up in new locations was odd to me. I know the elderly are the most susceptible to the virus, but how does this virus pop up all over an entire nation - but almost entirely in nursing homes and assisted living facilities? These old people are not world travellers. What are the odds of recently exposed world travellers infecting that many old folks homes in such a short period of time?

All throughout this event some people have been adamant that the numbers are ridiculously low. Others are equally adamant that the numbers are artificially high. Worse yet, on these very boards you can see people who started out leaning to one side now supporting the other. Some people were convinced there was no outbreak, it was just the seasonal flu. Some were convinced it was a man-made virus that escaped. Some said it was a man-made virus that was released intentionally. Some said it was not as serious as media led us to believe. Some said it was more serious than media led us to believe. Some said it was a natural evolution of corona virus. Some said it was not intentional but opportunistic governments were quick to take full advantage of it.

So, what I would like to ask you all is:

Has your opinion changed across the duration of this event?

What made it change?

What parts of this event strike you as unbelievable?

Do you think this was intentional and if so, to what end?

If this is just another strain of seasonal flu, why the huge reaction now and not last year or the year before?

Do you believe this virus is being used to target the elderly as an attempt at reducing costs like social security or other aid?

Do you believe this event is part of a bigger scheme by TPTB, the shadow government, the NWO?

Please comment with the things that really stood out to you or made you change your mind, or at least made you wonder...
edit on 14-5-2020 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Wouldn't a better question be what have you learned since the Corona event began ?

Opinions get boring , and , ignored

link   

Not a bit. I still don't wear a mask or gloves. I still go to work every morning. I never believed the death count would be 250,000,000 and I don't wash my hands every 30 minutes.

I still live and work virus free and nobody I know has died from it. 10 have contracted it and 10 have survived with extremely mild conditions.

link   
My opinion has changed very much.
In January, I was convinced that the virus was extremely dangerous and had a high mortality rate.
I don't believe it has a high mortality rate at this time.
I think it will be shown to have a CFR of less than .05%.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

I've learned that while the virus is a contagious virus, it's not a worldwide killer. But I never bought into all of that anyway so it really wasn't a learning curve.

At least my kids aren't having to attend public school though, so that's a plus.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

My opinion has changed.
At first I was fairly concerned, mostly because I don’t trust anything that China says.
Now that more information has come out about the virus I believe it’s been totally blown out of proportion.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I think it was over hyped by the governments and the media world wide . It is my opinion that the death toll is only as big as it is because they added other causes of death to the count . I believe many more people had it than they think and that will lower the % of people who died . I also think they will milk this as far as they can and try the same thing if it comes back .

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Yeah I would say my opinion has changed since december. I thought that it was some thing just in China for the time being and wasnt aware of how deadly it could be. I guess it has also changed because I am no longer visiting older people that are important in my life.

What strikes me as unbelievable: is the fact that you can have this virus and not show any symptoms. I dont know if there has ever been a virus like that before.

NO I dont think this virus is being used to target the elderly

I beleive that this event will be used by the shadow government.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I've learned that while the virus is a contagious virus, it's not a worldwide killer. But I never bought into all of that anyway so it really wasn't a learning curve.

At least my kids aren't having to attend public school though, so that's a plus.

You should take this time to learn how to home school them!

If not you might see them showing the world their ass on Tic toc as social media influencer's and thus embarrassing you as their parent.

Our education system is a disgrace, yet all we hear is "we meed more money". Best thing that happened in this shut down is the indoctrinization centers being shut the hell down.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I live in New York, I just can’t believe in 25000 deaths and right across the Hudson the whole state of NewJersey has around 3,000. Something is really wrong with the math, maybe the communist running NYC is cooking the books?? Or the Hudson River has magical powers? Like a super hero river?? It’s had a lot of toxic chemicals dumped in it, and has a nuclear plant, so yeah superhero recipe!!

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Covid-19 Has your opinion changed about it over the course of the outbreak?

At first I hoped it was a hoax like trump said....

As I watch the American economy destroyed; I think the Cov19 was a coverup for something much more sinister.
I also think this is just the beginning....

edit on 14-5-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Has your opinion changed across the duration of this event?

Not really, I've been questioning the official narrative ever since the beginning.

What parts of this event strike you as unbelievable?

The fact that China, where the deadly, novel virus emerged, started going back to normal quicker than western nations that still impose lockdown measures because, apparently, not many people died in China and things were going so well at some point that they even stopped reporting new cases.

The fact that most people are willing to give up their rights, accept vaccines and chips from people who openly state they want to reduce the world's population and live in police states, all out of fear and because they can't see through the PSYOPS that are conducted on them every single day.

Do you think this was intentional and if so, to what end?

Yes, I believe it was intentional. After all the information I've found about the research team (with people like Shi Zhengli being involed and mentioned in many studies) that worked in the US and, later on, in Wuhan, I think that the virus was lab-made and released at a strategic point in time.

If this is just another strain of seasonal flu, why the huge reaction now and not last year or the year before?

Because this is a crisis and a crisis is never allowed to go to waste. Why now? In the US at least, this year also happens to be an election year, so the insecure mail voting can be pushed for 'safety reasons'.

Do you believe this virus is being used to target the elderly as an attempt at reducing costs like social security or other aid?

Well, they are older so they have weaker immune systems. But targeting them would be beneficial for the reasons you've mentioned and because they tend to be more conservative and skeptical of the governments.

Do you believe this event is part of a bigger scheme by TPTB, the shadow government, the NWO?

I do. This would be the ideal time for them to normalise mass surveillance and 'a new normal' and seeing what legislation is being passed in numerous countries, I have no reason not to believe this.

edit on 14/5/2020 by Anon283799 because: edit

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

Wouldn't a better question be what have you learned since the Corona event began ?

Opinions get boring , and , ignored

No. That would be a much worse question. People’s opinions on what they think they have learned would be tedious to read.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I would think that if they learned something new it is likely their opinion has changed. I think we have all learned a thing or two regarding this event. The problem is the things we learned - are they fact or just more hype and smoke?

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

My opinion about the virus and the disease it causes? No.

Mostly my personal and shifting concerns and selfish 'wants' have shifted as I learn more about it.

My conviction has always been that we don't know just how dangerous this pandemic is or will be - so it's best to be as safe as possible.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

You seem to be pretty firmly in the "I'm not buying this crap" category. Cool beanz. I think the virus is real, regardless of how it started, and it is going to affect our lives for a while longer than most of us would like to think. But I also believe that those affects are being blown way out of proportion to the actual threat.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
From the beginning of all of this, the goal was not to reduce the number of deaths, but to spread them out over a longer time to not overwhelm hospitals.

Over time, it's become clear to me that was a destructive decision to make, causing a worldwide economic crash which will likely kill more people than the virus.

My view has not changed a lot. I still think it's not much worse than a bad seasonal flu outbreak. I think most of the cases were not even recognized since most people don't get very sick if they get sick at all. I can't help but think if they did blanket testing, a large percentage of us likely have already had it.

From the beginning I've thought it was backward thinking to try to quarantine us all from each other, rather than just encouraging those at risk to take responsibility for themselves. They got this backwards and a lot of suffering will follow.

When the 17/18 seasonal flu killed 70-80 thousand people, we did not shut down.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I too was concerned about the potential mortality rate. This virus, like just about any other, is only one mutation away from being a real disaster. By the end of January a genetics lab in Iceland had identified and isolated no less than 40 different strains. This virus has no problem evolving.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I too believe the numbers are inflated. But I still have a hard time saying that the virus is not as dangerous as some think it could be. I know that sounds like conflicting opinions but this hasn't fully played out yet. In the end I may see things differently but for now I have a strong feeling that the numbers are not accurate.

posted on May, 14 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

I agree this is being milked for all it is worth and then some. I don't like how deaths are being reported as covid-19 when it isn't discovered that the person had even been exposed to the virus until an autopsy was performed. No symptoms, died in a car accident, but had anti-bodies so it must be a covid-19 death. But that plays in to the whole milk it for all its worth thing. The more deaths your state has the more federal funds you can request to fight the virus.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join